• Please log in to reply
6287 replies to this topic

#1711 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

There are now seven Ghost Trains on AWD. :lol:

Last night they had a werewolf set for $11.xx or 45% off for a few hours, I convinced myself not to by it by falling asleep. :)

You were slow. I picked up one for 10.43. I also picked up the red passenger train for $111, I know they have been cheaper, but I had a $100 Amazon gc burning a hole in my pocket and have also been wanting to get one of the working trains.

#1712 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

I already have one and trying to not spend as much on LEGO because I really REALLY don't have the space.

Yet I'll still buy some. :lol:

If I bought that one Werewolf set it would have ended with me buying the mother ship another AC set, the big Police helicopter (which was going to be an AC set) and spend $95 in 5 minutes. :)

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#1713 EnronLackey

EnronLackey

Fake-Rage Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

Fellas I have a question, what other retail locations beside Target & Walmart do you tend to find LEGOs for sale?

I have heard that Kohls carries them at times, as well Ross clothing store. But I even heard some off the wall location like Krogers and CVS?

Care to share what retail stores you hit up for Lego?

#1714 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

Kmart & Yoyo.com

Other stores not in my regions, Fred Myer and Meijer

#1715 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

Yeah it's for your "nephew". ;)

In a big "What the Fuck?!" at LEGO Shop at Home the series 9 minifigures (that I still haven't seen) are "retiring soon". It's been 1.5 months, the new ones won't be out until the end of April.

Honestly, if LEGO has started to make less of the minifigures this series I'm just completely going to ignore them then. I'm not going out of my way to find a toy.

http://shop.lego.com...ngSoon_Feb13_NA

Take a deep breath. :) The first 8 items are labeled as *NEW* and the bottom 11 are labeled as "retiring soon."

#1716 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

Fred Meyer is good if you are in the NW. Pretty much always has 10% off, often can be combined with other sales

#1717 sydra

sydra

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

Fellas I have a question, what other retail locations beside Target & Walmart do you tend to find LEGOs for sale?

I have heard that Kohls carries them at times, as well Ross clothing store. But I even heard some off the wall location like Krogers and CVS?

Care to share what retail stores you hit up for Lego?

Kohls hasn't really had LEGO for years now. Was a good place in early Harry Potter days. CVS will only carry very small sets like Ninjago spinners and Star Wars planets. TJ Maxx/Marshalls you can rarely find a random item there, often older and/or unpopular :) Kroger Marketplace though, can be very good. Once or twice a year they'll put a lot of sets at 30-40% off(some Ninjago/LOTR/City at the moment). Only the Marketplace locations though.
Posted Image

#1718 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

Take a deep breath. :) The first 8 items are labeled as *NEW* and the bottom 11 are labeled as "retiring soon."

Yeah but if you click on them they say "New" and "retiring soon." Wish I could retire that soon ...
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#1719 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

Yes, LEGO on Facebook even said they are retiring soon, and that's it's not a mistake. They made X sets (and no girl on girl X sets) and are no longer making those sets.

Target never got any of the sets on the page, and Target two weeks ago was still restocking after Christmas.

#1720 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

Anyone grab the Palace Cinema today? Free express shipping ... and a little helicopter ... hey, it's something right?

#1721 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

lol Fuck that. I'd rather get 10% off than that helicopter.

#1722 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

lol Fuck that. I'd rather get 10% off than that helicopter.

Yeah, helicopter you can get at Target for $4 or double points, free shipping, 10% off, or free holiday set.

#1723 iflabs

iflabs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Posted Image

OMG! Want!

#1724 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

I want a blue box with a ? too! :lol:

#1725 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Just got my state refund yesterday. Palace theater is at the top of my want list for the year and my wife is encouraging me to pick it up but I think I will wait for double VIP points.

#1726 EnronLackey

EnronLackey

Fake-Rage Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

Not sure if this is a deal but at Amazon:

LEGO Green Building Plate (10" x 10") is half off right now at $4.99 ea & part of the Free Super Saver Shipping offer

http://amzn.com/B00000JIVS

I was just about to buy some this Monday at $7.99 each

#1727 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Not sure if this is a deal but at Amazon:

LEGO Green Building Plate (10" x 10") is half off right now at $4.99 ea & part of the Free Super Saver Shipping offer

http://amzn.com/B00000JIVS

I was just about to buy some this Monday at $7.99 each

$4.99 is what LEGO sells them for. Amazon has their list price wrong. Still nice to see Amazon have it at the right price. The price of base plates are outrageous.

#1728 EnronLackey

EnronLackey

Fake-Rage Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

$4.99 is what LEGO sells them for. Amazon has their list price wrong. Still nice to see Amazon have it at the right price. The price of base plates are outrageous.

Really? Maybe I should start price comparing Amazon and Lego sites. Thanks for the info!

#1729 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

Almost as outrageous as a $200 X-Wing. :lol:

https://www.facebook...count=16&ref=nf

#1730 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

That looks nice! I hope the reissue the rest of the UCS, knowing Disney they are going to milk Star Wars to the next millennium!

#1731 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

What does Disney have to do with that set? It was ling planned before Disney's announcement. Disney doesn't even officially own Star Wars I don't think.

Lego makes what makes money. X-Wings make money.

#1732 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

What does Disney have to do with that set? It was ling planned before Disney's announcement. Disney doesn't even officially own Star Wars I don't think.

Lego makes what makes money. X-Wings make money.

I don't know if your aware of this but Disney bought out Lucas, if there is one thing Disney knows how to do is make money and they will achieve this which ever way possible.

You don't think they don't notice how much these older UCS sets sell for, they would have to be stupid not to want to cash in. I'm sure Disney will have some influence as in what they want to get released.

#1733 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

Disney is buying it but it doesn't happen overnight. It's not like in the last two months Disney called up Lego and went "hey now. We don't own you, and you already paid us for the Star Wars license, but it be great if you make more Star Wars sets that don't have minifigures!"

Disney is going through the process of buying Lucus Arts, they didn't buy Lego.

And even if Lego did get a phone call like that, LEGO cant design and produce a set in just a few months.

#1734 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

I hit up the Lego store in Elizabeth, NJ today. They had the Cinema but I didn't buy one. I might have been tempted but the Winter Village marked down to $70 (Down from $100) caught my eye instead. So I grabbed that, a few road plates and some pick a brick stuff.

#1735 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

Was able to pick up a couple more Chima polybags at Target in the Valentine's Day section for $2 (50% off). The one store I went to had a different Friends polybag also for $2. It has a picnic theme with a croussaint. I'm hoping to find more of the ice cream cone one.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#1736 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

I found a lone Chima bag, they had a ton of the Friends Ice Cream bags, I picked up two of them. I also picked up an Innotab 2 for $40, I don't know if I'm going to keep this though, my daughter already has an earlier version.

#1737 smergb

smergb

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

I found a lone Chima bag, they had a ton of the Friends Ice Cream bags, I picked up two of them. I also picked up an Innotab 2 for $40, I don't know if I'm going to keep this though, my daughter already has an earlier version.

Do you (or anyone else) happen to know the item code for the Chima bag on the mobile site?

Would they even show up?

#1738 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

Disney is buying it but it doesn't happen overnight. It's not like in the last two months Disney called up Lego and went "hey now. We don't own you, and you already paid us for the Star Wars license, but it be great if you make more Star Wars sets that don't have minifigures!"

Disney is going through the process of buying Lucus Arts, they didn't buy Lego.

And even if Lego did get a phone call like that, LEGO cant design and produce a set in just a few months.

I'm also fairly certain that LEGO chooses what they want to make. It's not impossible for Disney to have some say in it, but I doubt they have much. The decision begins and ends with LEGO, not Disney. And bigdaddy is quite correct: X-Wings are popular. LEGO would want to make more X-Wings. It's pretty simple really.
Fight for the Lost

#1739 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

I just hope they update some of their former UCS sets they have made such as the Blockade Runner & the Super Star Destroyer.

@smergb 204-00-0725

#1740 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

I'm also fairly certain that LEGO chooses what they want to make. It's not impossible for Disney to have some say in it, but I doubt they have much. The decision begins and ends with LEGO, not Disney. And bigdaddy is quite correct: X-Wings are popular. LEGO would want to make more X-Wings. It's pretty simple really.

I seriously doubt it. Lucas (and now Disney) didn't just hand over the license for a company to do whatever the hell they wanted with it. These are billion dollar companies I'm sure there are meetings to discuss how the line progresses and someone at Lucas/Disney gets final approval.

All that being said, $200 seems high for 1500 pieces. I'll probably pass. I have the original TIE Interceptor and wish I had kept up with the series though. I already told my wife that if they reissue the falcon that's a $400 purchase that will be made. :)