6426 replies to this topic

#151 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

Not quite LEGO (but compatible) check these out:

http://generalsjoes....o-press-images/

As a huge fan of the 80's Joe cartoon, I'm pretty excited.

I must have that Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow set.
Posted Image

#152 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Free Shipping (along with Double VIP points) is already live at LEGO Shop@Home. It wasn't supposed to start until October 15, or so I heard. Got me a Winter Cottage and other misc things.

#153 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

I must have that Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow set.

You know they make this line called Ninjago ... ;-p jk

#154 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

You know they make this line called Ninjago ... ;-p jk

My son's into Ninjago. I just want a Snake Eyes minifig/kreon, though.;) Would probably put Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow fighting on my Optimus Prime or Megatron Kreo sets, so it looks like the old school Transformers/GI Joe crossover comics.
Posted Image

#155 JohnnyDeLicious

JohnnyDeLicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

Anyone at NYCC or the Rockefeller Center Lego store? If anyone lands either of the promo figures or the pizza thing, I'd be interested to buy them. (Anyone have any thoughts on what a fair price is? I'm interested in the figures much more than the pizza thing.) The Lego booth is doing ticket drawings for one figure, the Rockefeller Lego store is giving the other away starting at 10am Saturday, supposedly only to people in TMNT costumes.

#156 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

Anyone who wins one would probably want to keep it for themselves

#157 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

Was able to get the coffin car polybag at TRU today.
Those Batman/Bane and Spidey sets are just meh overall. Defintely want the minifigs though

#158 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

Was able to get the coffin car polybag at TRU today.
Those Batman/Bane and Spidey sets are just meh overall. Defintely want the minifigs though

Do you have an item number for the polybag, thanks!

#159 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

The polybags will cost an insane amount. Only like 300 made of each or something. Fair market price is eBay.

#160 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

Amazon has marked down:

Kingdoms Joust
to 92.33 ($27.66 or 23% off)
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#161 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

Well, went to Lego Kidsfest in MI today. Very cool, we had lots of fun. My kids enjoyed the giant pile of grubby lego's the best. As for merch, nothing too crazy or anything you really couldn't find at a lego store except for a Kidsfest exclusive t shirt (a bit yellow one with the lego face on the front) and a nifty 10" plush lego guy that I've never seen before. Still, it was a fun day with my two oldest kids (almost 7 and 4 1/2).
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#162 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:18 AM

http://www.amazon.co...lego launch pad

The space center is $49. I'm debating buying it because it is the last one we will ever get.

#163 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

http://www.amazon.co...lego launch pad

The space center is $49. I'm debating buying it because it is the last one we will ever get.

Got one from AWD earlier this week for $40ish. Haven't put it together yet, but seemed well worth it.

#164 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

The zombie chauffeur poly is has been showing up in stores this week.

I picked a couple up yesterday. Not really that impressed with it though. Same zombie as the other sets, the car doesn't have much to it, and the way the flames connect to the car seems silly to me. The free zombie car that LEGO gave out with a purchase looks much better and has nearly twice as many pieces. I did use the 10% off coupon that is out to lessen the sting of the $5 price.

Also, my store only had about 15-20 sets on the side of an endcap.

#165 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

Got one from AWD earlier this week for $40ish. Haven't put it together yet, but seemed well worth it.

I always forget about the AWD. I should look there more.

#166 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:15 AM

Found some worthwhile clearance at an out of the way Walmart. Picked up the Lighthouse and Cars Oil Rig Escape for $20 each. Had some other stuff 30% off, but I am hoping to find some of the dinosaur stuff at a bigger discout someday.

#167 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

Not quite LEGO (but compatible) check these out:

http://generalsjoes....o-press-images/

As a huge fan of the 80's Joe cartoon, I'm pretty excited.

I didn't know that :) It looks pretty cool, not to mention the Transformers. There's one mini-figure with fuzzy hair?!? That's pretty rad...

#168 ItzTitoYo

ItzTitoYo

dabingbadaboom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

I usually have terrible luck with raffle giveaways, but I surely was blessed by the LEGO gods this weekend. I won the Black Leonardo figure! I have the Krang figure as well as the Tin Landspeeder.

Posted Image

#169 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Congrads on winning a $200 mini figure! (I checked ebay) He's neat, I like him more than the other rare one.

I hope he isn't glued. Thanks for sharing the picture. Does he look as cool in 3D as 2D? I'm impressed with the job LEGO did.

#170 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

Grabbed the orange motorcycle Creator set at Target for $12.50. It's on clearance for 50% off.

Posted Image

#171 SailorDaravon

SailorDaravon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

Target clearance stuff is YMMV. I can confirm that set is not on clearance at mine.

#172 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

Congrats Tito! That's pretty cool.

#173 ItzTitoYo

ItzTitoYo

dabingbadaboom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Congrads on winning a $200 mini figure! (I checked ebay) He's neat, I like him more than the other rare one.

I hope he isn't glued. Thanks for sharing the picture. Does he look as cool in 3D as 2D? I'm impressed with the job LEGO did.

Yeah I also noticed what they were going for on eBay. That's crazy. I surely won't be selling mine. He isn't glued which is pretty cool. The only gripe I have is the CC sticker on the skateboard. The new turtle head mold is spot on!

@encendido Thanks bro! Hopefully I have the same luck with the Mega Millions.

#174 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Target clearance stuff is YMMV. I can confirm that set is not on clearance at mine.

Most clearance at the big retailers is YMMV. My Kmart didn't clearance one damn thing while others here were getting this summer's sets for half off.

The point of our posts isn't to brag, it's to let each other know so we can check out our own stores and see what's up.

Good hunting.

Posted Image

#175 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

The point of our posts isn't to brag, it's to let each other know so we can check out our own stores and see what's up.

I'm sure part of it is bragging too :lol:. I for one liked seeing your wall of Lego!

#176 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

Not a huge deal, but got another 10% off coupon for the Lego store, expires at the end of the month. Will probably use it with the double VIP points.

#177 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

I also got the coupon/catalog in the mail yesterday, not sure if there is anything I want/need at the moment. Have until the end of the month to decide

#178 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

I only post to brag, which is why I rarely ever post ... jk :-P

I wonder what Target's big BF sets will be this year ... normally it's a SW set and then another big theme set ... kind of hope Avengers sets get a BF discount, as I've avoided them thus far but just watched the movie and kind of want that Hulk mini fig.

#179 Max Power

Max Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Wish you could use the lego coupon online. Closest lego store to me is a drive.

#180 iamFLIP

iamFLIP

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

Wish you could use the lego coupon online.

I wish that, too. Here in Hawaii, Lego store marks up everything by 10%, so the coupon just brings it back to MSRP.