LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
5462 replies to this topic

#1891 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Found latest series of minifigures at Five Below (that same chain not in CA). It's the first non-TRU store around me to have them as far as I know. Didn't think to look for polybags. Wouldn't mind finding the Uruk Hai but I wish I could find the elf one somewhere.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#1892 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

^---Happy B-Day old man!

Haha, thanks bud!

#1893 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

So I just got shipping notification on that Ninjago Kai Fire Mech + Splitta Play Set $10 Wal-Mart deal I posted. They split it up as $2 for the Kai Fire Mech and $7.97 for the Splitta Play Set. I really wasn't considering returning the Splitta Play Set before, but I may now.

#1894 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

OK, that's awesome. If I knew that, I'd buy 5 and return the stupid spinner.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#1895 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

I went to Target and received a price match (to K-Mart online) on the Friends City Park Cafe. Got 2 for $13 each! Make sure you take them directly up to the guest service desk (where they keep the "price match I-Pad"). YMMV

#1896 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Found the Uruk Hai polybags at Five Below. Initially excited but then realized I'd rather have Uruk Hai Army at MSRP than 7 polybags +$2. Still got one though.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#1897 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Pulled from SD:

LEGO Friends Event!
Saturday 3/23 12-2pm
Bring your friends & build a LEGO Friends Wishing Well!

#1898 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

I went to Target and received a price match (to K-Mart online) on the Friends City Park Cafe. Got 2 for $13 each! Make sure you take them directly up to the guest service desk (where they keep the "price match I-Pad"). YMMV

They price matched it even though it is OOS online?

#1899 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

^Yeah. Why? Is that one of their criteria? It was a young guy who helped me and perhaps he didn't know.

#1900 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

^Yeah. Why? Is that one of their criteria? It was a young guy who helped me and perhaps he didn't know.

I don't know for certain, but generally, yeah, most places won't price match if the competing store is out of stock on the item.

#1901 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

Did some checking around today, and nothing really worth anything.

I hit up TRU, and they had Series 9 for $3.19, which was a nuisance but I found the girl with the bow and arrow and shield and also bought the Cyclops while I was there.

Went across the street to a local mall. Found the clownfish polybag from the other year at $3.99 at a small toy store within the mall, so I grabbed it. Ran to the Five Below, and they had the Hogwarts Express polybags... Hoping to go back next Friday on payday and grab one along with the Uruk-Hai.

For Series 9, I think I mainly want the Jekyll/Hyde guy, mermaid, and plumber. If I stumble across the waiter and knight I wouldn't mind. For some reason, I actually really like this series.

#1902 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

Stopped by K-Mart. They had the Sith Infiltrator! The Ghost Train! Helm's Deep! All....at full price. Oh well. I got Kre-O Cliffjumper.

They did have Series 9, which brings me to...

It seems my "feeling up" skills (ahem) were not quite as good as I thought in Series 7 and 8. I missed one each. I meant to go back, but my timing's been off lately.

I need Series 7 Evil Knight and Series 8 Alien Villainess.

I can trade: Series 9 Chicken Guy, Forest Maiden, Roller Derby Girl, Plumber, Series 8 Diver, Series 7 Viking Woman, Series 5 Small Clown, or Series 3 Sumo, Baseball Player, or Pilot. Please PM me if we can trade.

Edited by blandstalker, 03 March 2013 - 03:09 AM.

Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#1903 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

I'll be heading to Boston in a couple weeks and plan on stopping at a Lego store. I'll be going past the Natick stores and be nearby the Braintree store. I know bigdaddy is from MA and I think some others are too. Any opinions on which store is better? I'm mostly looking to grab the Springtime Scene, maybe fill up a PAB cup or 2, and maybe an exclusive if I have the money.

#1904 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

They're both about the same. I personally like the Braintree one more because I got to know one of the associates there. I haven't been down that way in a while though since the Burlington and Peabody stores are closer to me.
Posted Image

#1905 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

Yeah I like the Natick one because the people were from the now closed Worchester store. But I haven't been in years and only Braintree once. I'd try Braintree. You might get grab bags of used pieces for cheap. Natick never had those. But I haven't been to either in years. Natick mall looks like an airport, which is cool. But both stores look the same.

#1906 JAYMATIK

JAYMATIK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:02 AM

I'd try Braintree. You might get grab bags of used pieces for cheap. Natick never had those. But I haven't been to either in years.

TLG discontinued grab bags back in Sept 2012. Apparently, the rumor is that parents were complaining about getting 'dirty' LEGO in the bags. Goes to show what happens when people bitch about a good thing. I used to always get great pieces from the grab bags and the price was a steal considering the pieces counts you would get.

#1907 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

Is that what happened to them, no wonder I stopped seeing them all of a sudden.

#1908 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

Heading to Atlanta GA in a few weeks and then St Petersburg FL in mid April.
Any good LEGO stores around?
I know they have a LEGOland in St Petersburg, but i'm not going to be able to take a whole day and site see.

If you know of anything, let me know!

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3

#1909 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

You would be about 60 miles from Lego Land in FL, they have a Lego Land Discovery center in Atlanta.

#1910 Broseph

Broseph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

Got my Galaxy Squad Mini Mech polybags!

I went into Walmart at about 11pm armed with some numbers I gathered over at the TnB forums and not one - but three - employees helped me out. They even fetched them from the back for me!

#1911 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

I just saw a video of that polybag, looks pretty cool, I was at TRU earlier but didn't buy the little green one they have their.

#1912 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Stupid parents. The grab bags sold so well I haven't seen one since 2007-08.

#1913 jcmeadows

jcmeadows

Even I'm embarrassed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

I stopped in to a kmart yesterday and they had the Lego Tie Fighter for 50% off. Got it for $24.50. Thought it was a great deal. Will hit them up again in a few days to see if anything else is added for sure.

Check out our site! The Gamers Lounge

#1914 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

Noticed that Lego's shop is offering the Republic Frigate polybag. I might order the Palace Cinema, or get a hold of Lego tomorrow and get them to add a Droid Escape or something to my Minecraft order since that hasn't shipped yet.

#1915 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

Noticed that Lego's shop is offering the Republic Frigate polybag. I might order the Palace Cinema, or get a hold of Lego tomorrow and get them to add a Droid Escape or something to my Minecraft order since that hasn't shipped yet.

You have to purchase $50 worth of Star Wars sets to qualify.

#1916 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

You have to purchase $50 worth of Star Wars sets to qualify.

Well... that puts a damper on things. Maybe I'll finally order the Falcon, since it's free shipping on orders of $75 or more.

#1917 brock Samson

brock Samson

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Heading to Atlanta GA in a few weeks and then St Petersburg FL in mid April.
Any good LEGO stores around?
I know they have a LEGOland in St Petersburg, but i'm not going to be able to take a whole day and site see.

If you know of anything, let me know!

The discovery center at Phipps Mall gets terrible reviews. The only good thing is the gift shop has some discontinued sets at original retail. There are two Lego stores in the Atlanta area at Alpharetta and Lawrenceville. The Lawrenceville location used to be an "outlet" and still has an abundance of scratch and dent deals. Downtown Disney has a good Lego store with a big outdoor build/play area. The store is quite large and they used to have pallet sized areas with sale/clearance items. The Legoland isn't in St.Pete but in Cypress Gardens which is in the Orlando area.

#1918 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

Target has various $20 sets marked down to $18. Not great, but not horrible either, especially if you've got a RedCard with the extra 5% savings. What I saw:

Superman vs. Lex Luthor
Wolverine Chopper
Batman vs. Mr. Freeze
Spider-man & Venom

Star Wars Droid Escape
Star Wars Genossian Cannon

Various $20 City sets

#1919 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:24 AM

My local news is having a report on how well LEGO is doing, because I live 30 minutes from Enfield. They are talking about how they are the second biggest toy company and how they are expecting to hire more people from their correct 600. What they didn't bring up is the fact I think at it's height they had 3,000 people working there.

#1920 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

Target has various $20 sets marked down to $18. Not great, but not horrible either, especially if you've got a RedCard with the extra 5% savings. What I saw:

Superman vs. Lex Luthor
Wolverine Chopper
Batman vs. Mr. Freeze
Spider-man & Venom

Star Wars Droid Escape
Star Wars Genossian Cannon

Various $20 City sets

cool. I'll probably pick up the Venom and Droid Escape sets this week since they are both big wants