LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
5983 replies to this topic

#1921 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Thanks to whoever posted about 5 below. I picked up the Hogwarts Express for $5. They also had the HP trolley poly and the Urukhai poly for $4 each.

went nail polish shopping last friday after work (heck yeah, I live a thrilling life!) and dropped in to a Five Below. I noticed the lego baggies after checking out and was too tired to get back in line. is it worth going back?

ahem. trolley poly trolley poly trolley poly trolley poly. ( ^-^)
gwensigol8.png

#1922 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

went nail polish shopping last friday after work (heck yeah, I live a thrilling life!) and dropped in to a Five Below. I noticed the lego baggies after checking out and was too tired to get back in line. is it worth going back?

ahem. trolley poly trolley poly trolley poly trolley poly. ( ^-^)

they are OOP so it might be worth it to pick up at least one each if you don't have them.

The HP train is cute.

The army builder is nice if you like LOTR, but I think everyone agreed that getting the Wall set is a better price.

#1923 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

they are OOP so it might be worth it to pick up at least one each if you don't have them.

The HP train is cute.

The army builder is nice if you like LOTR, but I think everyone agreed that getting the Wall set is a better price.

Especially when (some/YMMV) Targets had them on clearance for 70% off MSRP. $8.98 (plus Target redcard 5% additional discount)...

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1924 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Did you ever get your redcard issue resolved?

#1925 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

The HP train is cute.

charity is a wonderful thing. but I am kicking myself for giving away our complete train set. it was beautiful! when the brother person and I were building the lighthouse and I had that idea about the kitchen remodel, I was about to cry because it would have been adorable to have the train running through it. ( >_<)

oh my gosh, it could be like the trolley running through the neighborhood of make believe! now I'm -really- to cry...
gwensigol8.png

#1926 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

Mr. Rogers gave me nightmares don't cry. =O

I probably wouldn't have given that set away though, I would have just gone out and bought something else. I remember paying around $30-$35 for the HP train, should have picked up the other one as well.

#1927 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

Did you ever get your redcard issue resolved?

Yeah. Apparently it wasn't cancelled by them at all. The bill was just returned to sender as undeliverable for some reason. I just paid it off and they waived any late fee or interest charge and it was reactivated within 24 hours.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1928 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

I went to the best Walmart on Earth (No lines) and they had some stuff on clearance! But only 30% off. They had SpongeBob's house for $35, the mad scientist MF for $30, the Avengers ship for $49, XWings $40, Goblin King (Two months old and clearance) for $70 and some LotR set that is $70-$80 for $54. Somehow has nearly 800 pieces and it doesn't look like it. I didn't buy any of it because I have spent too much recently, 50% off I would have bit.

I did find one random NinjaGo spinner, white ninja, for $2! Sold! :)

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#1929 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

Went to the mini build today and picked up the easter bunny with basket and springtime scene

#1930 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

My Lego Minecraft set finally shipped yesterday.

#1931 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

Big Ebay score - series 2 mime, karate master, vampire, series 4 crazy scientist, kimono girl, street skater, ice skater, soccer player, series 6 surgeon and flamenco dancer. Thats puts me at 119/144 minifigs!

#1932 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

Got my Galaxy Squad Mini Mech polybags!

I went into Walmart at about 11pm armed with some numbers I gathered over at the TnB forums and not one - but three - employees helped me out. They even fetched them from the back for me!

So this was my problem.

I went to Target.

:censored:

#1933 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

TRU next week. B1G1 50% All regular priced sets. Excludes Technic & Chima.

#1934 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

Thanks Prim. I'll keep a eye out for minifigures.

Why have it be only reg price? No one even bothered to buy clearance last time.

#1935 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

TRU next week. B1G1 50% All regular priced sets. Excludes Technic & Chima.

Really I see no reason to exclude Technic and Chima.

I probably would have grabbed two of the smaller Technic sets if they qualified, as I've been wanting to build one for a while.

#1936 donniedroc

donniedroc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

My Wal-Mart FINALLY dropped a couple of the big kits sitting in the clearance section, but the discount isn't legendary.

The Hobbit 79010 Goblin King Battle - $69.99 down from $99.99
The Avengers 6869 Quinjet Aerial Battle - $49.99 down from $69.99

The discount sticker says 3/4/2013, so they have been sitting on the shelf a few days. 3 of the Goblin King and 5 of the Quinjet.

Should I pull the trigger or risk it and see if they drop lower?

#1937 mattyp33

mattyp33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

What's your sales tax like? Because you can get each of those sets on Amazon right now for $75 and $55 respectively.

-Mattyp

#1938 Angriwooki

Angriwooki

Nacho Libre

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

I probably would have grabbed two of the smaller Technic sets if they qualified, as I've been wanting to build one for a while.

I woud have gone for one of the big $199 sets, which is probably the reason why they excluded those :)

#1939 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Thanks Prim. I'll keep a eye out for minifigures.

Why have it be only reg price? No one even bothered to buy clearance last time.

Indeed. I wanted to get the big Cars 2 Tokyo International Circuit set (was priced 40% off at $52.99) and a Star Wars Advent Calendar (was priced 50% off at $24.99), unfortunately neither the $20 off $75 Lego purchase promo nor the 20% off an item coupons would qualify due to the regular price clause on each. Only promo that would have worked would have been a single Alien Squad poly for free.

I woud have gone for one of the big $199 sets, which is probably the reason why they excluded those :)

What I couldn't believe was the markup (or is it MSRP?) on some of the sets...markups on top of markups. The Technic dirtbike looks like a really cool set, 350 ish pieces, but TRU had it marked at $53.99. Come on now.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1940 EnronLackey

EnronLackey

Fake-Rage Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

I know this a LEGO forum but wanted to share this Mega Bloks deal I seen and decided to pull the trigger

Mega Bloks Buildable Halo Covenant Phantom

http://www.groupon.c...&utm_source=rvs

This build have 906-pieces .. massive set on the cheap

#1941 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

Yeah my Walmart marked them down on the 27th of February. But Amazon prices aren't much more, so I passed. However if they lower them every week (I doubt) I'll go back and pay some. I wonder what the Walmart in the middle of nowhere has on "clearance" or if everything is still 0% off!

I've been buying the Heroica board games. Yes I know I'm late, but I'm also cheap. I enjoy them, but they really need to have more depth. There is no point to the weapons or anything on the board besides extra health, it's pretty much a race t the end. Does anyone have some of their own made up instructions?

#1942 demonchylde

demonchylde

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

My kids (boy 4 1/2, girl 7) love playing the "Epic" Heroica where you put all the sets together to make one giant game board. And yes, it does become a bit of a race at the end, especially when everyone is waiting around for the dork with all the keys.

As far as custom rules go, we allow item and weapon trades between players whenever, we go somewhat lax on the health regen mechanic (my boy gets pissy when a bat knocks his guy out) and we have the concept of a first, second, and third winner. First winner is the one who kills the final boss. Second winner is the one with the most gold and items, and Third winner has the most kills. This gives the kids something to shoot for beyond getting to the end first.

#1943 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

I know this a LEGO forum but wanted to share this Mega Bloks deal I seen and decided to pull the trigger

Mega Bloks Buildable Halo Covenant Phantom

http://www.groupon.c...&utm_source=rvs

This build have 906-pieces .. massive set on the cheap

I snagged that as well. I still feel dirty every time I buy Mega Bloks, though.

#1944 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

I really want that new Grand Prix Racer that's out, but I don't really have anywhere to put it.

Stopped by my local Target. They were selling the Creator Mini Fire Truck for $4.99.

These sets were $18, down from $20:
AT-RT (If it looked like the movie version I'd probably buy it.)
Tanker Truck
Garbage Truck
Prisoner Transport
Flatbed Truck
Arctic Batman vs. Mr. Freeze
Spider-cycle Chase

I'm tempted to grab the Spider-cycle Chase and Flatbed Truck. I just really like those two sets for some reason.

#1945 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Does Target have the dirt bike transport on sale for $18? Its one of the last city car/truck sets I need and it seems to be harder to find nowadays.

#1946 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Does Target have the dirt bike transport on sale for $18? Its one of the last city car/truck sets I need and it seems to be harder to find nowadays.

Seems to be hit or miss. Somebody mentioned that their Target has the Superman vs. Lex Luthor and Wolverine Chopper for $18, while mine doesn't.

Best thing you can do is check.

My Minecraft set showed up today. Smaller than I thought it would be, but still looks pretty cool. Hopefully I get a chance to build it this weekend.

#1947 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

Seems to be hit or miss. Somebody mentioned that their Target has the Superman vs. Lex Luthor and Wolverine Chopper for $18, while mine doesn't.

Best thing you can do is check.

Best thing to do is to scan the item at the price checker. I don't think the Superman vs. Lex Luthor set had a sale sign at my store, but when I scanned it, it came up as $18.

#1948 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Every $20 non Star Wars set at a Target I was at was $18. But the sale is 10% plus tax. You do better on a random sale o Amazon.

#1949 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

Every $20 non Star Wars set at a Target I was at was $18. But the sale is 10% plus tax. You do better on a random sale o Amazon.

If you've got a RedCard, that saves 5%, so it practically wipes out tax. Plus, the great thing about buying from Target is the return policy. 120 days when you've got a RedCard. I usually buy when something is on sale, then hold on to it and the receipt to see if I can't get a better deal later, then return if I do.

#1950 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

My Walmart had a bunch of the Monster Fighters and superhero stuff on clearance of varying degrees today. I think the Ghost Train was $54. The Werewolf set was 13, Mummy 8, Vampire Hearse 24, Quinjet was 50, Deadpool/Wolverine Magneto helicopter set was 13.

I ended up resisting since I used a 10% off coupon at the Lego store yesterday to grab a Pet Shop finally.