LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
5493 replies to this topic

#1981 Broseph

Broseph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Pulled the trigger on the Bug Obliterator - it was $60 and some change last night.

Got a new job - so I figured I could treat myself.

#1982 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

Target is still selling some $20 sets for $18 this week. My local one was out of the Spidercycle set, which is probably what prevented me from getting it.

Then I wandered over to Walmart and found some oddball price changes.
Gungan Sub - $56
Jabba's Palace - $96
Malevolence - $100
Mandalorian Fighter - $40
Republic Strike-class Starfighter - $36
Sith Fury-class Interceptor - $73

Sadly the X-Wing and Falcon were still price. I'm really tempted to buy the Republic Fighter, Sith Interceptor, and Mandalorian Fighter at those prices as they're all sets I want.

#1983 strangelove

strangelove

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

saw your post, i have the police man, dinosaur suit guy, evil robot
Not only am I a cheapass gamer, I am a cheap ass all-star.

#1984 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

I would jump on the Mandalorian Fighter, it's a Wal-Mart exclusive, you eventually might find it on clearance, the only problem is when and if your able to snag it. Amazon had Jabbas Palace for $87.xx, I would have jumped on that if I didn't get charged tax.

#1985 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

I would jump on the Mandalorian Fighter, it's a Wal-Mart exclusive, you eventually might find it on clearance, the only problem is when and if your able to snag it. Amazon had Jabbas Palace for $87.xx, I would have jumped on that if I didn't get charged tax.

Yeah, I'm thinking of snagging it while I can. I know there are resellers in my area that scavenge the stores for clearance stuff, so there's no guarantee I'd get one when they hit clearance. I'll keep an eye on the Republic Fighter and Sith Interceptor, although I really hope I can grab those at a decent price since they're from The Old Republic.

I also found the Galaxy Squad, Z-95 Headhunter, and Gandalf polybag at Walmart. Will probably grab the Gandalf one.

#1986 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

AWD has a Rancor set for $40ish...

http://www.amazon.co...2&keywords=lego

saw your post, i have the police man, dinosaur suit guy, evil robot

Sadly I don't need any of those.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#1987 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

Does anybody know if the minecraft lego set will ever be sold in the lego store? Or will it just be online at lego.com or amazon?
Smile

#1988 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

Does anybody know if the minecraft lego set will ever be sold in the lego store? Or will it just be online at lego.com or amazon?

It would be in store, I think it just sells out quickly.

#1989 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'm reading and old Lego article and I found this funny...

• What happens to all the bad pieces? Is there a Lego heaven? Do they recycle them?

Due to the precision of the brick molding machines, there are very few "bad" pieces—only 18 elements in every million produced fail to meet the company's high standards. Extra pieces or pieces from boxes that are caught on the line and identified as missing pieces or have boxes that are slightly damaged are used for donation boxes that are distributed to underprivileged children's organizations around the world.

So they give poor children Lego sets missing pieces? :lol:

Then they make fun of blondes!

Why there are no blonde minifigs in the regular Lego sets?

Because they will look bad with the yellow heads. There are blondes, however, in the licensed lines, like Star Wars or Harry Potter.

http://gizmodo.com/5...know-about-lego

#1990 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

Picked up the Ninjago DS and Lego bundle at Best Buy today for 9.99. It comes with 140 pieces and two minifigs. Not sure I'll play the game much but the pieces seemed like a nice mix.

http://www.bestbuy.c...njago&lp=2&cp=1
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#1991 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Nice, yeah that is a good deal without the game even. I grabbed some as well.

Picked up the Ninjago DS and Lego bundle at Best Buy today for 9.99. It comes with 140 pieces and two minifigs. Not sure I'll play the game much but the pieces seemed like a nice mix.

http://www.bestbuy.c...njago&lp=2&cp=1

#1992 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

I might grab one. The book used to be $30, so that's a great fine. Lots of swords and bones. Plus NinjaGo crap has some good revalue.

Plus you can sell the game on Amazon, the cheapest is $8, or you can sell it to Amazon for $2.25. That's two minifigures, 140 pieces pieces for $7.50.

Edited by bigdaddy, 17 March 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#1993 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

Grabbed the A-wing at Target for $20 this week. Noticed that all the GS sets were about 20% off instead of the usual Target sale of 5%.

Posted Image

#1994 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

Grabbed the A-wing at Target for $20 this week. Noticed that all the GS sets were about 20% off instead of the usual Target sale of 5%.

I'm half tempted to pick up another A-Wing at $20, and then sell off the Ackbar and Han Solo mini-figures. I really like the set.

Definite resellers around here, the Anakin's Jedi Interceptor and Umbarran Mobile Heavy Cannon were cleared out at my Target even though each was only like $4 off. That, or they're super popular sets. Either way my Target had 3 Interceptors and at least 10 MHC's when I stopped in on Friday.

#1995 iflabs

iflabs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

The bustads at Lego thought it was a good idea to only include one 212th clone trooper in one set: Umbaran Cannon, and it's a Target exclusive to boot. People are buying them up to troop build.

#1996 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

I haven't bought a SW set in 10 years but even I like that kick ass tank.

#1997 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

I haven't bought a SW set in 10 years but even I like that kick ass tank.

Agreed! I almost bought it, and I hate SW. I love how that tank looks!

#1998 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

TRU online has a Technic "sale", 20% off their prices.

http://www.toysrus.c...686917&view=all

Also some storage crap is on sale too, nothing special.

#1999 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

That's a good price on the 4x4 Crawler...I paid that in store with a 20% off coupon last year. It's not fast but it climbs like crazy.

I wish they would take the motorized crane off their site too since I regret not buying it when I had the chance.

Posted Image

#2000 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

The Walmart on the other side of town didn't have the same price drops as my local one does. Something interesting I did notice over there was one Shelob Attack set that was still $20 but had the red tag on it.

#2001 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

The Walmart on the other side of town didn't have the same price drops as my local one does. Something interesting I did notice over there was one Shelob Attack set that was still $20 but had the red tag on it.

That just means your WM or that one, won't be ordering any more.

that may not not be a clearance mark downs though

#2002 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

Courtesy of Toysnbricks, the Hobbit Barrel Escape is on sale for $31.49 with this coupon. I bought it today.

It's not a wonderful sale, but it put the set in the range that I was willing to pay. Coupon lasts through the 23rd.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#2003 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

That just means your WM or that one, won't be ordering any more.

that may not not be a clearance mark downs though

Yeah, which is why I was pointing it out. I guess the set didn't sell well. It's a relatively newer set though, so I was surprised to see the red tag on it.

As for that Toys 'R Us sale, the Palpatine's Arrest looks interesting at that price, but it's still a little too high for my liking.

#2004 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

Lego doesn't stay on shelves for years anymore. If you want a set you better buy it when you see it. Walmart already have Hobbit sets on clearance only two months after they came out.

Edited by bigdaddy, 19 March 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#2005 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Lego doesn't stay on shelves for years anymore. If you want a set you better buy it when you see it. Walmart already have Hobbit sets on clearance only two months after they came out.

Well actually it depends on what you are looking for and where you are looking. TRU still have sets that are years old because they are at TRU retail prices and they never clearance anything.
The Walmart thing is an abberation. In that instance it was because the Hobbit sets came out right about holiday shopping season and after that the stores did all their after christmas resets. Walmart clearance is so YMMV no matter what time of year though. One store may have a couple sets on clearance (at some random price that specific store came up with) and you drive a few miles down the road to the next Walmart and the shelves may be packed with those same sets for regular retail price.
Licensed sets (non exclusive) will linger for a while. But if its a store exclusive set and you don't have a Lego store in your area I would suggest picking it up sooner rather than later.

#2006 Notlwonk

Notlwonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

Went to a few of the Wal-Marts around East TN today and didn't find much interesting until the last store I hit. Absolutely nothing on clearance at most, however the last had a few big drops.

6x 79010: The Goblin King Battle all marked down to $69.97 from $99.97.
1x 9468: Vampyre Castle also marked down to $69.97 from $99.97.

Along with the big one a Tower Bridge, which I had never seen at Wal-Mart before let alone expected to find on clearance, it was 169.99 down from 239.99. It had a few dings on the box, but I couldn't resist getting it. Also of note was the Quinjet from the Avengers movie along with the Batcave all with red tags but they had not been marked down yet.

#2007 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:39 AM

I went to a Wal-Mart today, I found a lot of the same pricing mweave found for the Star Wars sets.

#2008 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

Most stores i have seen don't have a ton of Hobbit sets, they have some, but not most of them. I think some just ignored it because LEGO was releasing so many of them, and no one seems to be buying them.

#2009 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

Bigdaddy is right about not counting on sets being available for years. Many are, but others have really short life, especially sets released in the summer it seems. The last Kingdom wave was awesome IMO but vanished relatively quickly. The last wave of Space Police, too. They were available at clearance, but the point is true about getting something sooner (hopefully when there's a deal). That zombie monsters set that was a Target and Lego exclusive disappeared overnight, it seemed.

Hopefully the Hobbit sets do OK for Lego. I like most of them. Of course I also loved the Prince of Persia sets and they tanked. Which I didn't mind because I got a bunch really cheap.

So after resisting the Transformers Kre-O so well, my nostalgia got the best of me when I saw there's GI Joe Kre-O. I like the classic theme, but every time I'm drawn to cheat on Lego I'm reminded why I love the minifigure so much. Kre-O aren't bad, but they just don't feel as good as my first love.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#2010 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

Bigdaddy is right about not counting on sets being available for years. Many are, but others have really short life, especially sets released in the summer it seems. The last Kingdom wave was awesome IMO but vanished relatively quickly. The last wave of Space Police, too. They were available at clearance, but the point is true about getting something sooner (hopefully when there's a deal). That zombie monsters set that was a Target and Lego exclusive disappeared overnight, it seemed.

Hopefully the Hobbit sets do OK for Lego. I like most of them. Of course I also loved the Prince of Persia sets and they tanked. Which I didn't mind because I got a bunch really cheap.

So after resisting the Transformers Kre-O so well, my nostalgia got the best of me when I saw there's GI Joe Kre-O. I like the classic theme, but every time I'm drawn to cheat on Lego I'm reminded why I love the minifigure so much. Kre-O aren't bad, but they just don't feel as good as my first love.

ROFL, unless of course your TRU. >_< I still see Prince of Persia sets.