LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
6419 replies to this topic

#181 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

Wish you could use the lego coupon online. Closest lego store to me is a drive.

How long is a drive because I'm pist that we have a store in Milwaukee and I have yet to get any of these coupons.

sure it's maybe a 4 hour drive but I'm willing to do it at least once, I'd love to save 10% while I'm there.

(Honestly I'd probably drop 2-3 hundred if I went.)

#182 Max Power

Max Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

How long is a drive because I'm pist that we have a store in Milwaukee and I have yet to get any of these coupons.

sure it's maybe a 4 hour drive but I'm willing to do it at least once, I'd love to save 10% while I'm there.

(Honestly I'd probably drop 2-3 hundred if I went.)

It is a couple of hours away. Defeats the purpose of using the coupon because of the money spent on gas.

#183 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

I take the family on a day trip once every fall to a city that has a LEGO store. Went to Cinci(2 hr drive) last year and Nashville(3 hr drive) last weekend. Easily dropped $150.

It's probably good I don't have one closer.

#184 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

I built the Helm's Deep set last night and man was I impressed. It took me about 3-4 hours to build it and I enjoyed every second of it. I was amazed with the level of detail for this type of set since it's usually reserved for the "adult" type sets. Not only that, but the footprint is huge! I have no idea where I'm going to put it. My only complaint, which I think somebody mentioned here, is that the throne room sits too low and it's not connected. For the price, it looks 10 times better than the last HP Hogwarts set and is one that I would say is well worth the MSRP.

#185 HELLRAZR_28

HELLRAZR_28

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

I built the Helm's Deep set last night and man was I impressed. It took me about 3-4 hours to build it and I enjoyed every second of it. I was amazed with the level of detail for this type of set since it's usually reserved for the "adult" type sets. Not only that, but the footprint is huge! I have no idea where I'm going to put it. My only complaint, which I think somebody mentioned here, is that the throne room sits too low and it's not connected. For the price, it looks 10 times better than the last HP Hogwarts set and is one that I would say is well worth the MSRP.

Yeah that set was really well done; it's my favorite scene from the movies and LEGO did a great job recreating it. Hopefully there will be some battle packs so we can fill it out with more troops.

#186 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

I just got the new Walmart flyer in the paper today. There are two mistakes: gandolf set for 29.97:roll: but better they have the city mine set listed for39.97. :hot::hot::hot:Gonna go try my luck before they post correction notices on the doors. The ad states the starting date is Sunday but I know somebody will catch it before then.

Edit: My local Walmart doesn't carry that set...looks like I'll be trying a pricematch at Target Sunday morning.

Edited by 180husher, 17 October 2012 - 05:09 PM.

Posted Image

#187 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Figured this is where I could post this, but I have about 5 or 6 different set of star wars legos. They were only used as displays and put back in the box. I can get pics and descriptions once I dig them out of the closet. I think they are the Slave 1, Imperial shuttle, AT-ST with about 2 speeder bikes and a land cruiser. Darth Mauls transport(i can't think of the name ) I think I also have an x-wing and tie fighter?
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#188 ItzTitoYo

ItzTitoYo

dabingbadaboom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

I got to build the Helm's Deep display at my store and also loved the build. The whole experience was definitely fun! This is one of those sets that'll learn you some cool building techniques and design.

Another fun set to build is the Haunted House. Now that was awesome!

#189 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

I just got the new Walmart flyer in the paper today. There are two mistakes: gandolf set for 29.97:roll: but better they have the city mine set listed for39.97. :hot::hot::hot:Gonna go try my luck before they post correction notices on the doors. The ad states the starting date is Sunday but I know somebody will catch it before then.

Edit: My local Walmart doesn't carry that set...looks like I'll be trying a pricematch at Target Sunday morning.

Reminder, TRU launched is price match policy nationwide. Perfect for situations like this where there is an error in an ad.

#190 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Congrats on the minifig! I was at NYCC, working the Artists Choice booth most of the weekend though I broke off both Friday and Saturday to try to get the exclusive Landspeeder. Both times the tickets were all gone before the show technically opened.

#191 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

TRU Big Book

Spoiler

#192 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

Woo hoo! Finally a deal on the display cases. I'll be picking up a few of those for sure. Still don't know why the Lego store is charging $30 for them. If TRU caught wind of this they would probably mark them up to $37.99

Hey prim- I am assuming that the zombie chaffeur polybag is the coffin car?

180husher - Whats on the front of the Walmart ad you are referring to? The one that came in the paper today was Halloween/candy/grovery themed

#193 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:37 AM

Posted a couple of these deals, still not sure if anyone actually cares but...
Currently a seller on eBay has a few more of these left, it is the big Tardis set from Doctor Who. Currently on Amazon for $120 + shipping, often goes for ~$100 on eBay, picked one up for $65 shipped here. These aren't LEGOs, but are from Character Building, which has decent bricks, though a bit of a sticker problem. For fans of the show this is a great deal.
http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1439.l2649

#194 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

Brickset has Chima pictures along with Star wars and a few more Super Heroes.

SH is clearly the best thing we have seen so far for 2013.

#195 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

^^ Agreed. Love the SH sets, figs look great, vehicles in the Spidey set are meh but digging the Batboat

#196 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

Yoyo.com has a code for 30% off your first order with code YOYO30. Someone should test it out on legos.

#197 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

Yoyo.com has a code for 30% off your first order with code YOYO30. Someone should test it out on legos.

works but tax kills it for me and it only discounted $20 not the full 30% (tried it on Helm's Deep) did some finagling and it only applies to one item and only goes up to $20 discount at the most. Good for sets at 59.99 and under maybe and if your in an Amazon collects tax place as well, may not matter anymore as tax is an inevitability now.

#198 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

It will work on LEGOs, I'm pretty sure the t rex in the picture for the sale is from Dino.

It's good for the rest of the year, but really it's a waste because the max is $20, and with 30% off of $60 you would need to pay $5 for shipping.

Nice thought anyways!

#199 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

the sale sets don't qualify which means the T-rex sets wouldn't even apply which is kind of funny that they used the t-rex to promo the coupon code

#200 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

^ You can get $20 off.

#201 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

It's difficult, but there are some sets that aren't on sale but do have free shipping. Some highlights:

4644 City Harbour Marina 49.99 -> 34.99
7346 Creator Seaside House 49.99 -> 34.99
6869 Avengers Quinjet 69.99 -> 49.99
9509 Star Wars Advent Calendar 49.99 -> 34.99
9499 Star Wars Gungan Sub 69.99 -> 49.99
8088 Star Wars Arc-170 Starfighter 59.99 -> 41.99
9472 LotR Attack on Weathertop 59.99 -> 41.99
9473 LotR Mines of Moria 79.99 -> 59.99
3818 SpongeBob Bikini Bottom Undersea Party 49.99-> 34.99
4193 Pirates London Escape 49.99 -> 34.99

Those pages will say Free shipping for $49+, but all of those items qualify for free 2 Day shipping all by themselves. That will show up in the cart.

If you're in CA, KS, KY, NJ, NY, PA, TX, WA you get taxed.

Amazon has the SW Advent Calendar for 38.35

Edited by blandstalker, 19 October 2012 - 06:31 AM.
Wrong price

Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#202 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

blah thats a great price for the quinjet, even after tax. I got mine when target had them for 54.99 and ended up paying like $60 something after tax.

#203 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:30 AM

blah thats a great price for the quinjet, even after tax. I got mine when target had them for 54.99 and ended up paying like $60 something after tax.

Aaaand it looks good, 'cause I got it wrong. Should be 49.99, which is still good, but not as good.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#204 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

Somebody asked about the Walmart ad:

Spoiler

Posted Image

#205 HELLRAZR_28

HELLRAZR_28

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

Has it been corrected yet? Only two days to go...

I guess you could technically try to price match it...but most managers probably wouldn't authorize a 60% discount on a relatively new product. Do you think it's worth a shot?

#206 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

Lego S@H added some LEHO Batman video games for sale, I didn't really check the prices.

However the $5 AC set is listed at 98 cents, but sold out. I own at least 6 of those sets, I would 20 of them if they come back in stock randomly. Might be worth keeping an eye on. Seems it was added / in stock on the 13th. I was on vacation, whichI saw it. 75% off after tax and shipping is nice. And I would have had an army. :)

http://shop.lego.com...en-Striker-7049

#207 HELLRAZR_28

HELLRAZR_28

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

Yeah I've been eyeing that page for a week and nothing has changed. It seems kind of soon to put the LEGO Batman 2 games on sale, but I imagine it'll drop in price quickly (especially the Vita version).

#208 Zeldafanatic15

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

I'm gonna have to find a Wal Mart ad. If I can price match the mine that would be awesome, I wanted the set but not bad enough to fork out $100.

#209 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Somebody asked about the Walmart ad:

Spoiler

HOLY Fuck. Now THAT is a discount. Glad I didn't pick it up from Target a week or so ago when it was 20% off or whatever; it was $72.xx at local Targets IIRC since it was $89.99 regular. If I don't get a copy of the ad in today, tomorrow, or Sunday's LA Times, I will hit the ghetto Walmart up Sunday and see if I can score any, or at least get a copy of the ad if not available, and PM at Target.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#210 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

Yoyo.com sale.... Use code yoyo for 20% off...

Batcave 6860 - $47.52 with discount code - 32% off

http://www.yoyo.com/...-690-pcs-339999

Batwing Battle Over Gotham City 6863 - $23.79 with discount code - 32% off

http://www.yoyo.com/...ity-6863-272641

LEGO Super Heroes Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout 6868 - $35.99 with discount code - 28% off

http://www.yoyo.com/...-389-pcs-339654