LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
6420 replies to this topic

#2101 postureking

postureking

Cabeza Shrinker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

Considering going to the lego store in discover mills soon to look at their creator (the um.. pet store and theater type) sets. Or am i better off waiting for a TRU sale?

TRU has been excluding the exclusives from almost all of their sales recently. I wouldn't count of them.

#2102 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

If any one is looking for the Jabba Palace it will cease production in 2014 due the racist claims.

http://www.independe...go-8555610.html

Funny thing is it would have been retired near then anyways. Lego is just saying that to get them off their back.
----------------

CMF Series 10 review is up on eurobrick. http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=80676.

Good news: Roman Commander and Baseball Player have 6 in a box which is great for army/team building. Bad news: 6 figs come only 2 to a box. I hated this in S9 but got very lucky somehow.

Edited by PenguinoMF, 01 April 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#2103 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

^ that better be an April Fools day joke. What fucking bullshit. Lego would have stopped making them anyways around the time.

Lego keeps it up with these stupid numbers and Ill be saving lots of time.

Edited by bigdaddy, 01 April 2013 - 04:45 PM.

#2104 Broseph

Broseph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Well, I'm Turkish and I found it very offensive.

*Sidenote: I am not Turkish

#2105 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Didn't get a chance to get over to my Barnes and Noble. I probably should have, last time I was there they still had a Jedi Shuttle I could have tried to get for cheap.

I thought that mini Republic Frigate only came with Star Wars purchases that totaled $75 or more?

#2106 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Considering going to the lego store in discover mills soon to look at their creator (the um.. pet store and theater type) sets. Or am i better off waiting for a TRU sale?

Your Toys R Us carries those sets?

If you haven't started buying them yet, I suggest buying them in release order since they do retire those sets. The oldest one out there is the Fire Brigade followed by the Grand Emporium, Pet Shop, Town Hall, and Palace Cinema, in that order.

Even not on sale the sets are amazing. I just converted $150 in BB gift cards and RZ certs to Amazon Kindle cards over the wekend so I can finally order the Grand Emporium. I'm hesitant though, cause I know as soon as I pull the trigger it'll drop $25 on sale.

#2107 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

If you haven't started buying them yet, I suggest buying them in release order since they do retire those sets. The oldest one out there is the Fire Brigade followed by the Grand Emporium, Pet Shop, Town Hall, and Palace Cinema, in that order.

Even not on sale the sets are amazing. I just converted $150 in BB gift cards and RZ certs to Amazon Kindle cards over the wekend so I can finally order the Grand Emporium. I'm hesitant though, cause I know as soon as I pull the trigger it'll drop $25 on sale.

I myself am having trouble holding back the urge to blow my income tax return on the modular buildings. I probably won't, if only because that money could be put towards my student loans I should really start paying off.

#2108 puff1983

puff1983

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

I myself am having trouble holding back the urge to blow my income tax return on the modular buildings. I probably won't, if only because that money could be put towards my student loans I should really start paying off.

I've been waiting around for the last two months for the Grand Emporium to go down but I don't think it's gonna happen until Christmas. I'm pulling the trigger on it tonight.
Posted Image

#2109 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

The wife won't let me buy anything with are income check. >_<

#2110 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

That's why I'm in favor of banning marriages. ;)

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#2111 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:23 AM

lol.... I think you might be the only gay person in the country that doesn't want to get married.

#2112 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

A friend of mine last I knew didn't want to get married either.

It's not that I don't want to, I just don't think I will and see no big deal with it. I can love someone without marriage.

I think it should be banned because listening to the Supreme Court cases last week the whole issue was based on the word "marriage" itself. So why not just ban marriage for everyone and come out with a new legal document called "majukio" and let straight and gays marry. lol

Does anyone have the big Avengers ship? I can get it from yoyo.com for $44 (with new credit card info and the new customer code), but I have never seen it on display and don't know how big it is. Plus at some point I feel it will get a rerelease, and maybe with more of the characters. I really dislike also having to spend $20 for Hawkeye and $50 for a bad Hulk.

#2113 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:02 AM

I have the Quinjet and its pretty big IMO. I was expecting it to be smaller but was quite happy with it once it was built. At $44 I think it is a steal, especially with 4 major character minifigs. If it were to get a rerelease it wouldn't be until Avengers 2 come out and if it doesn't play a part in the movie it probably won't get remade.

#2114 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

Not that I'm aware of. I meant an online TRU sale.

Even not on sale the sets are amazing. I just converted $150 in BB gift cards and RZ certs to Amazon Kindle cards over the weekend so I can finally order the Grand Emporium. I'm hesitant though, cause I know as soon as I pull the trigger it'll drop $25 on sale.

I can't say how many times i've kicked myself for not buying the cafe or green grocer when i saw them in the lego store in the schaumburg/chicago mall (name of mall eludes me). Not once, but twice. TWICE I visited up there, saw them and debated and twice I went all practical and told myself no.

Was thinking of heading to lawrenceville all day until i got in the car and heard the traffic reports. basketball and baseball pretty much blew up atlanta traffic, so it'll have to wait till later this week.
gwensigol8.png

#2115 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

Availability online is always iffy when there is a sale on those particular sets, they are usually first to go oos or not available for shipping online. As much as I like the modular buildings I didn't want to get into them. I felt so relieved when I sold me Green Grocer earlier this year. The one I do want is this one, I can have the satisfaction of the first five for almost half the price of one.

#2116 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:03 AM

I really like the Fire Brigade and Palace Cinema sets, but I also really want the Sith Interceptor from The Old Republic. I intend to get only one with my return and put the rest towards my student loans.

I'm a little afraid to get into the modulars myself. They look like a lot of fun to build, and really the retail prices aren't that bad for what you get.

#2117 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:13 AM

Not to oversell it but the modulars have sections or some "set piece" that you'll build with backwards pieces, upside down, and just used in the most obscure way and sit back and think, damn, this designer is a mad genius.

I only have the Fire Brigade(the station address is a work of art), but I've read reviews on the others that mention a similar thing.

#2118 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

Yeah it's tough getting the modular ones on TRU sale. They usually are not included or mysteriously go out of stock right before the sale happens. I have only successfully done it once when I was able to grab 2 Fire Brigades during a b1g1 50% off and that was a while ago.

They really are beautiful sets though. As horribly expensive as they are they look amazing when finished and the amount of detail put into them is crazy.

#2119 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

I don't think they're too too expensive. Compared to the licensed sets, they're a pretty good price.

I really like that Haunted House too, which they're apparently still making.

#2120 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

And an Eiffel Tower for $1,080!
http://www.amazon.co...588741&sr=1-107

I think I'm gonna stick with my tiny one I built Sunday. :D
Spoiler

New signups, now only spend $2, get $2 free at greenmangaming.com.

#2121 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Voting opened up for Toys n Bricks contest. I submitted the Little Mermaid entry. If any wants to vote for it that would be great. I doubt I will win because some of the entries have a lot of votes already. Thanks if you do vote.

#2122 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

^I'll give you all my three points. :lol:

Some of those came out really nice, it's kind of shocking. In past contests the entries were crap. :)

I thought I could trick Yoyo into giving me another 30% off new customer by using my Amazon credit card and my grandparents shipping address. No luck. No Avengers ship for me.

#2123 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

LEGO has come out and says they are not retiring Jabba's Palace based on the racial issues but rather because they were planning on stopping it then. Good for them to continue to stick up for it.

http://aboutus.lego....r-wars-product/

#2124 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

It's not a LEGO designed set! If you have an issue with it call George Lucas or Disney, or better yet don't buy the fucking thing.

Fools... they will be the downfall of humanity.

(I've put up with a lot of stupidity today, and I still have to do my taxes.)

Edited by bigdaddy, 02 April 2013 - 11:14 PM.

#2125 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:20 AM

Well I dragged my feet for too long picking up Jabba's Palace at Walmart for $96. Sunday night there were at least five sets at my nearest store. Then that stupid fucking "report" and poof. All gone. I'm now resigned to having to pay MSRP. I got no one to blame but myself since they were that price for awhile.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#2126 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:26 AM

lol Lego played their cards right. Cause now they can keep producing them for the rest of the year, since it's not retiring til 2014. And everyone will snatch it up cause they think it'll be rare.

Well played, Lego. Well played.

elessar123.png

#2127 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:33 AM

lmao... I forgot about that, I gave it a quick read and turned my head, no wonder it's OOS on Amazon. If people really fell into that mankind really is doomed!

#2128 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:39 AM

Well ... you guys shamed me into not buying one ... I was ready to drop $120 tonight ... but now ... I'm just going to sulk in the corner and see if I can grab Jabba's Palace on sale before 2014 gets here.

#2129 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

Oh stop it, I'm just glad I picked up a set for $85 beforehand.

#2130 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

It's been $88 or so on Amazon for awhile.

Except now it seems.

AWD has some new Chima sets and a Rancor pit for $48.

Edited by bigdaddy, 03 April 2013 - 03:01 PM.