• Please log in to reply
6429 replies to this topic

#2161 cutiepatootie

cutiepatootie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

Hi guys,
Does the Target online inventory show stock for your stores? I checked the zipcodes for where I have family/friends: West coast, Texas, etc, and every store shows up as out of stock. Really want this set, before it's gone forever. Kicking myself for not buying it on Amazon earlier this week.

Thanks for posting this. I didn't know Target would do this or it was that cheap on their site. I was able to pricematch a set today. Just an FYI that they were following a protocol that they needed a printout of the site listing or me to show them on my phone before they would look themselves. Weird but since I have a smartphone it wasn't an issue.

I'm really happy to find a deal on this after all the stupidity earlier this week. Now everyone can hoard all they want cause I have my Salacious Crumb.

#2162 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

One of the Targets by my house had it in stock but a few weeks ago, it's currently OOS, I haven't stepped back in. I can check for you asap and answer your question more thourougly.

#2163 cutiepatootie

cutiepatootie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

Thanks Skiizim. The only good thing about being in France is that I'm up at different times.....Amazon is showing back in stock, but at full msrp now. Sigh. Tried to get a pricematch via chat, but that didn't work, gonna try email now, and call when the phone center opens.

#2164 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

Hi guys,
Does the Target online inventory show stock for your stores? I checked the zipcodes for where I have family/friends: West coast, Texas, etc, and every store shows up as out of stock. Really want this set, before it's gone forever. Kicking myself for not buying it on Amazon earlier this week.

I have a few around me that say LIMITED INVENTORY, so it must be working. Do I buy this for $88 to hold on as an investment? If it was on clearance like the one guy said for $50, that would be a no-brainer.

#2165 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

The inventory checker was accurate for me and updated during the day. Limited stock is always a crapshoot with Target. I went to a store that said in stock and there were three or four.

#2166 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

How often does Target have Legos on clearance? Isn't the Urik-Hai Army set supposed to be marked down?

#2167 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

How often does Target have Legos on clearance? Isn't the Urik-Hai Army set supposed to be marked down?

Twice a year normally, after Christmas and January plus summer.

Why is it supposed to be marked down? I didn't see anything marked down when I was buy so much junk candy. :)

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#2168 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

Why is it supposed to be marked down? I didn't see anything marked down when I was buy so much junk candy. :)

It was in some stores, but that was a couple months ago.

elessar123.png

#2169 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

From my experience the coupons do not come on every catalog

I've never gotten a coupon with the catalog. Of course the closest LEGO store is 2 hours away so that may play a part.

#2170 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

I have a few around me that say LIMITED INVENTORY, so it must be working. Do I buy this for $88 to hold on as an investment? If it was on clearance like the one guy said for $50, that would be a no-brainer.

Ugh...now only 2 have it around me, Limited Inventory. Oh well, I can look at it as $88 saved....

#2171 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

You guys are crazy with the Jabba's Palace. A week ago it was on AWD for $70, now everyone is running around trying to get one because LEGO said it would retire as scheduled, about a year from now. As a guess, this set is not going to have much resale value since all the resellers bought up so many.

#2172 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

You guys are crazy with the Jabba's Palace. A week ago it was on AWD for $70, now everyone is running around trying to get one because LEGO said it would retire as scheduled, about a year from now. As a guess, this set is not going to have much resale value since all the resellers bought up so many.

Exactly. I posted here of one for $78 a week ago at AWD. Now Amazon can't keep it in stock.

Well played LEGO. Release a two press releases in two days. Now they sold out and will just make more.

#2173 dschroll

dschroll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

What is AWD?

#2174 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

Amazon Warehouse Deals.

elessar123.png

#2175 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

I don't care about resale value and if I had a time machine I'll travel back a week and buy the $70 set. Otherwise I'll continue to be satisfied with the $88 version I bought. I've wanted the set ever since the first pictures were released but didn't want to pay $120. I held off figuring I had plenty of time but that stupid "report" changed things.

I know plenty of people swear by AWD but I've yet to take the plunge with Lego. I didn't have a stellar experience on the video game side.

Call me crazy but frankly the whole second-hand Lego market is crazy. I just wanted the set at a decent discount and figured might as well grab it than risk extended lunacy.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#2176 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

I bought an advent calendar that was smashed on one side and taped up but looks fine from the front. The other was a mining set. Was brand new. I have no clue what was wrong with it.

I wouldn't buy electronics, but LEGOs are tough and can be replaced for free.

I'd wait until the craziness dies down is all. Like mindcraft the set will sell out but come back in a couple months.

Good thing I got the Yoyo 30% coupon to work. They replaced it with a new 20% off coupon.

Damn... I was looking into what sets to buy on Yoyo, and now the Hulk set is no longer listed! And Hulk himself is $20+ on Bricklink!

Edited by bigdaddy, 06 April 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#2177 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

I've bought at least a half dozen Lego sets on AWD. The absolute worst had some damage to the box and replacement tape. I have yet to assemble one that is missing a single piece. Unless you care about box condition, I don't see a downside to AWD for Lego.

Damn... I was looking into what sets to buy on Yoyo, and now the Hulk set is no longer listed! And Hulk himself is $20+ on Bricklink!

I think I might go that route, or wait a bit. It's not like Hulk isn't going to be in the next film. Maybe next time he'll be in a set I can use.

Call me crazy but frankly the whole second-hand Lego market is crazy. I just wanted the set at a decent discount and figured might as well grab it than risk extended lunacy.

I don't blame you. I kept waiting to get a good deal on the HP Castle, and then all of a sudden it was out of stock everywhere. Suddenly MSRP was a bargain and I had no good options.

I think Jabba will continue to be in stock for this year, but $70 was lucky. There's no guarantee there will be an AWD option when the item is on sale. For a long time, the AWD price hovered at $90-100. I think I paid $88 myself in January, since that was the best non-clearance price at the time. I don't regret this purchase because I really wanted that set and the minifigures.

You can only make the best choice for you at the time. I finally decided to sit the Yoyo sale out, because none of the options were worth the cost to me, and I'm willing to see if I can do better later on.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#2178 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

There is no guarantee there will be Super Hero sets in 2015 with the next Avengers movie. But the set is $41 on AWD, there are 20 new sets added, most 15%-20% off, nothing big. However theer is a fire plane for ~40% off, and the Forest Police Station for $50.

#2179 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

I've bought at least a half dozen Lego sets on AWD. The absolute worst had some damage to the box and replacement tape. I have yet to assemble one that is missing a single piece. Unless you care about box condition, I don't see a downside to AWD for Lego.

That's good to know. Thanks.

I want a bear but don't really want the Forest Police Station. The hillbilly hideout set with a bear got one of those quick retirements that bigdaddy was talking about earlier in this thread.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#2180 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:37 AM

Thanks for posting this. I didn't know Target would do this or it was that cheap on their site. I was able to pricematch a set today. Just an FYI that they were following a protocol that they needed a printout of the site listing or me to show them on my phone before they would look themselves. Weird but since I have a smartphone it wasn't an issue.

I'm really happy to find a deal on this after all the stupidity earlier this week. Now everyone can hoard all they want cause I have my Salacious Crumb.

My Target had like 6 or 7 of the set about a week ago, but today they were gone. Oh well, saves me $88. If I want it that bad, my Walmart MIGHT still have it at $96 (although it's a mile away from Target, so chances are the same ***hole cleaned out both stores).

My dad's girlfriend's birthday was today. She said she wanted a new house for her birthday. So I bought her the Creator Log Cabin set. Even better was it was $23.44 on Amazon and my Target price matched it no questions asked. I probably would have picked up one for myself if they had had more than one in stock.

Debating if I want to build the Sith Infiltrator, Mandalorian Fighter, or Republic Striker-class Fighter tomorrow.

#2181 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

That sucks, it was really a good price, I didn't find it today at the Target near my house. After I found brickpicker.com that site really opened my eyes how cutthroat Lego has become. I just think it's funny some of the return some of these guys expect, just because we've had a few flukes resellers think all Lego sets are going to bring in bank.

#2182 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:13 AM

My Target had like 6 or 7 of the set about a week ago, but today they were gone. Oh well, saves me $88. If I want it that bad, my Walmart MIGHT still have it at $96 (although it's a mile away from Target, so chances are the same ***hole cleaned out both stores).

We live in the same area and have the same nemesis. The Walmarts were cleared out within a day of that April 1 story. It's just insane how fast Lego disappears once discounts hit or fever spreads. Ten years ago clearance sets sat for months.

#2183 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

Just stumbled across this thread, wanted to know if anyone else has Lego mini figures addiction like I do. I'm looking to swap duplicates or find an active site that swaps.

#2184 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:23 AM

Just stumbled across this thread, wanted to know if anyone else has Lego mini figures addiction like I do. I'm looking to swap duplicates or find an active site that swaps.

Are you talking about series sets or ones from real sets?

elessar123.png

#2185 Max Power

Max Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

This site isn't really very good for setting up trades. Try miniaturetrading or toysnbricks forums. If you are looking for anything particular let me know. I am a member of both and actively trade.

#2186 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

We live in the same area and have the same nemesis. The Walmarts were cleared out within a day of that April 1 story. It's just insane how fast Lego disappears once discounts hit or fever spreads. Ten years ago clearance sets sat for months.

I met a douche bag flipper at Target once, the fucker was bragging about how he cleared out Wal-Marts when Target misprinted the Pod Racer set in their ad.

#2187 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

This site isn't really very good for setting up trades. Try miniaturetrading or toysnbricks forums. If you are looking for anything particular let me know. I am a member of both and actively trade.

What do you mean? I just traded last week, and will be trading again once I stop finding series 9 minifigures.

#2188 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:02 AM

Are you talking about series sets or ones from real sets?

The series sets, the individual minifigures that are $3 a piece. We should setup a trade thread then for these, just not sure where to start it. Has anyone found series 10 for sale yet?

#2189 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:08 AM

bigdaddy has a lego group, you can find it in his profile, I'm not sure if it's active or not. I stopped collecting minifigures after series 5. They were cool but it seemed Lego really tried to milk it really quick.

#2190 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

The series sets, the individual minifigures that are $3 a piece. We should setup a trade thread then for these, just not sure where to start it. Has anyone found series 10 for sale yet?

Hasn't been released yet, LEGO calendar says May 6th I believe in the USA. However series 7 came out mid April, right when I moved to a tiny island with very few LEGO sets.

I don't really have a LEGO group, I just see if I can find what people are looking for. encendido5 and I traded last week. I need to get more organized, but the issue is I mainly only need series 1 and 2, which are rarer than 3+, and some series 3.