LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
6287 replies to this topic

#211 strangelove

strangelove

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

i got the minifigure collection 2 today that I would like to trade for a different minfigure collection (1,3,4, all girls). let me know, or send me to the correct forum.
Not only am I a cheapass gamer, I am a cheap ass all-star.

#212 sydra

sydra

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

The Mine did ring up this morning at Wal-Mart for $39.97, much to my amazement. No shelf tag reflecting that, but it is in the system.
Posted Image

#213 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

The Mine did ring up this morning at Wal-Mart for $39.97, much to my amazement. No shelf tag reflecting that, but it is in the system.

Wow. It's still $90 on the website, so it looks like I'll be price matching this morning. Even the online copy of the ad still has it at $39.97.

Posted Image

#214 the-daryl

the-daryl

I wanna be a lion.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

Nice!

I also grabbed The Mine, but I had to have them manually adjust the price (showing them a print out of the price from walmart.com's "view local ad" tab) a few minutes after midnight, but maybe their system doesn't update immediately.
O/\/3 L0\/3

#215 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

Ugh... now I'll have to find on of the Walmarts I don't hate and.... enter... a Walmart....

I'll need to shower afterwards. :lol:

#216 scp89

scp89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

walmart wouldn't do the mine for me this morning....TRU knew about price error - no go...I had no problem matching at Target and got the additional 5% with red card :)

#217 scp89

scp89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

I have a favor to ask of a fellow CAG'r....I used my monthly 10% off lego coupon from the magazine at store the other day...then wife tells me to buy the Monster Castle before halloween...who am I to tell her no...anyone have a 10% coupon they are not going to use - I will compensate for the postage etc to get it to me :)

much appreciated

#218 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

I have a favor to ask of a fellow CAG'r....I used my monthly 10% off lego coupon from the magazine at store the other day...then wife tells me to buy the Monster Castle before halloween...who am I to tell her no...anyone have a 10% coupon they are not going to use - I will compensate for the postage etc to get it to me :)

much appreciated

Target has all Monster Fighters on sale this week. The Castle is $80.25 and Amazon has matched that too.

#219 scp89

scp89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

thanks...didn't realize target was less than the price at the lego store even without being on sale...since when is the Lego store more than MSRP? or is Target normal price less than MSRP???

thanks all

#220 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

thanks...didn't realize target was less than the price at the lego store even without being on sale...since when is the Lego store more than MSRP? or is Target normal price less than MSRP???

thanks all

It's not? He said Target is having a sale.

#221 scp89

scp89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

normal price at target is still less than the 99 at lego store

#222 180husher

180husher

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Got Target to pricematch the Mine set early this morning...probably didn't hurt that I was dressed for church and may have actually looked respectable. Too bad my son was with me...this will not be a set from Santa now.

Posted Image

#223 brotterr

brotterr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

I picked up 2 of these at Walmart .. They scanned that price so no need to talk to a manager .. That set should have never been $90 to start with ..

#224 HELLRAZR_28

HELLRAZR_28

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

Yeah, the CAG in me sees the outrageous sale amount and wants to get it.....but I'm not going to because that set looks pretty boring to me. Still, if you like the set, that deal is f-ing killer.

#225 180husher

180husher

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

My daughter wants to make a MOC of the cave scene from the Hunger Games, so a lot of the pieces from this mine set will be useful. Might just sell the extra vehicles to get some money back.

Posted Image

#226 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Yeah I only want the set for the mini figures and the truck. Everything else I'd stick in my "way too big to be buying more LEGOs" tubs.

#227 jdrasin

jdrasin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

I've already seen the mine set in my local Craigslist ($70).

Joe

#228 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

I ended up picking the MINE set up for my son. He is two and honestly it will probably sit in the box for two years. I'm not a HUGE LEGO collector or anything, but on great deals, it's always good to stock up on gifts for the kids. I now have this and the Toys R Us Semi Truck I got for like $20 last year.

I got it at TARGET also, and got 5% back for RED CARD. Excellent deal...thanks WalMart.

#229 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

I got 2. Ordered one for pickup in the early AM and grabbed another while at the store.

Yeah, the CAG in me sees the outrageous sale amount and wants to get it.....but I'm not going to because that set looks pretty boring to me. Still, if you like the set, that deal is f-ing killer.

Agreed. It's a pretty lame looking set but I picked up a couple just for the pieces. $40 for 750 pieces is pretty solid. Plus gray is one color I'm lacking.

#230 180husher

180husher

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:59 AM

I got 2. Ordered one for pickup in the early AM and grabbed another while at the store.

Agreed. It's a pretty lame looking set but I picked up a couple just for the pieces. $40 for 750 pieces is pretty solid. Plus gray is one color I'm lacking.

You don't collect Star Wars Legos then :lol:.

Posted Image

#231 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:10 AM

Clone Wars has lots of colors. =P

I slipped by the Lego isle when I went to the store earlier, I don't know if anybody bought up the whole stock or if it was pulled. The did have an empty spot for it, I was there around 10ish in the morning so who knows. I'm not in a hurry for that set or really want it to begin with.

#232 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:40 AM

One WM had the Hulk carrier for 25.00 even. Wasn't a red tag either. had 2 left, but way YMMV.

I don't know why it's that price but it rang up that much.

#233 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

One WM had the Hulk carrier for 25.00 even. Wasn't a red tag either. had 2 left, but way YMMV.

I don't know why it's that price but it rang up that much.

Because it's a shittier set than the mine. :lol:

#234 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

:lol: Nope. I have the Falcon and a couple of the sub $20 sets but I have 2 girls so I'm mostly into the Creator and [now] Friends series.

I also have the first SW Collector Series TIE Interceptor. Bought that when it came out and had no idea the series would be so cool. Didn't buy another set until I had kids. Looking back I wish I kept up with it, I would have bought the CS Falcon in a heartbeat.

#235 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

I live around a bunch of shitty asshole resellers apparently, who hit (I presume every) Wal-Mart in the area at midnight and bought up all the Mine sets they could get their grubby hands on. I discovered this after going to one store and calling about 7 other stores and talking to the toy departments. Everyone was like "Yeah some guy came in early in the morning and bought them all". After hearing the same story at each store I called, I gave up on Wal-Mart and focused on Target. Well they had also hit several local Targets with the Wal-Mart ad and price matched. The first Target I went to had a big fat empty space on the shelf. Rather than drive around all over town, I started calling Targets. Finally I found a Target not too far away with 1 Mine left and had it put on hold. Took some work, but I got in on this great deal too. Seriously though why do these scalper people have to buy every damn thing?
I also hit one Toys R' Us on the way to Target. They had tons of Mines, but weren't price matching due to an "email" from "Wal-Mart". Toys R Us is just outright lying in my opinion. They claimed Wal-Mart emailed every Toys R Us and told them not to price match their misprinted ad. Okay so why didn't they email Target too? Sorry TRU, but I don't buy it. Why would Wal-Mart give a shit about you losing out on $70 per set of your own inventory? I think the TRU corporate people knew they would be screwed with the new price match policy and this Wal-Mart ad, so TRU corporate was the one that actually sent that email, not Wal-Mart. They are quick, I'll give them that. They have a very specific and strict ad requirement and this Wal-Mart ad fit all the right criteria for them to do a price match and they had to stop it somehow. This fake "email" story is the perfect disclaimer. I guarantee you that any awesome deal in a valid ad in the future will get the same price match denial and story (lie!) from TRU. "It was a misprint so we can't match it, sorry" BULLSHIT!!!
Okay rant over. LOL :bouncy:

#236 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Went to the lone Walmart in LA, the ghetto Crenshaw mall location, and they not only had none of the mine sets anywhere on the floor, no shelf tag either, but they had last weeks ads out only, piles of them.

No one could find a copy OC this weeks as so I assumed they had pulled them because of the price Fuck ups, but nope this store is just so shitty they had the ads still in their boxes in a back room. Got a few copies to do price match at target for the bonus 5% off plus an additional 5% off bonus offer I got in the mail.

Note the Walmart ad also has the gandalf arrival set advertised for a ridiculous $29.97.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#237 jscme

jscme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

Can anyone tell me if the Toys R Us 20% $100 or more coupon that came in emails yesterday is valid on regular-priced Lego purchases? I was thinking about getting a couple of the Halloween sets. Wasn't sure if the Bricktober free figures would disqualify the coupon based on 'excludes sale items and promotional offers'.

#238 180husher

180husher

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

TRU coupons have never stopped me from getting promo freebies.

Posted Image

#239 Zeldafanatic15

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

Happened to be at Target on Sunday for Skylanders, they were out of the Mine, didn't have a WM ad yet. Went to WM today while I was out and picked up and ad but they were out of the Mine, didn't even see a shelf label. However, I did notice they had 7572 Prince of Persia set, Quest Against Time, which I know is older, scanned for $25 so I pickeed it up. I think MSRP is $50. I'll try to find the mine at another Target so I can get the extra 5% on my red card. I actually think the Mine looks kind of cool.

#240 cassidyarch

cassidyarch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

Mines cleaned out at my WM. There was a tag saying ROLLBACK $89 in the empty spot. No mine for me.