LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
6272 replies to this topic

#2371 tilcfast

tilcfast

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

Awesome!! I can't wait for this set!!

http://oyster.ignimg...-of-orthanc.jpg

Edited by tilcfast, 27 April 2013 - 01:34 AM.

#2372 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:04 AM

For the few of you buying, the Friends Series 2 $5 animal sets are out (Dog, bunny & porcupine) Found them at Meijer.

#2373 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:05 AM

That reminds me I need to buy the series 1 turtle and tree rodent.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#2374 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

Awesome!! I can't wait for this set!!

http://oyster.ignimg...-of-orthanc.jpg

God damn you Lego, you just cost me $200...

#2375 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

Let the wife know what your interested in, I'm sure she will say otherwise.

#2376 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:25 AM

More like, another $200.

I really hope they release smaller Ent sets.. I'd buy a few if they were like $20 and came with 2 orcs each.

#2377 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

I'm surprised it's open in the back.

Posted Image

Tough if it wasn't, it would probably cost $3-400.

fs_overall.pngiZSbQwp.gif

#2378 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

My husband bought my son (11 years old) the Lego Minecraft, he ordered it in store and they delivered it for free. They also gave him a $5 coupon off of a purchase for next time, not sure why they gave it to him. We got it in mail yesterday. My son opened it quickly and started to put it together, It is missing one little brown piece, so I ordered it on Lego site. It is really cute and my son likes it. My son used another brown piece until we get it though.
Smile

#2379 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

I'm surprised it's open in the back.

Tough if it wasn't, it would probably cost $3-400.

Just buy two. Easy mod. :D
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#2380 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Just buy two. Easy mod. :D

Do a little more work and have it open like the monster mansion.

#2381 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

I just got the May-June LEGO Club Magazine And in it there is a neat LotR poster of the black gate set. But more interesting There is a new LEGO Master Builder Academy that is finally coming out. Looks like it will be Steampunk. Which is really cool.

#2382 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

Speaking of Lego MBA, how does one get set 7-9, it's not listed on the Lego website and I'm not sure I've seen it at the local Lego store? You don't have to buy the other sets to get the third level do you?

#2383 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

Brickset says it's no longer available.

Availability at LEGO.com

• United States 04 May 12 - 03 Jan 13
    $79.99

Losts of pics of that big LotR set....

Edited by bigdaddy, 28 April 2013 - 01:23 AM.

#2384 neonglow

neonglow

Penguin Shine!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

Speaking of Lego MBA, how does one get set 7-9, it's not listed on the Lego website and I'm not sure I've seen it at the local Lego store? You don't have to buy the other sets to get the third level do you?

They will repackage it as a set like they did with 2-3 and 4-6.

#2385 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

well I searched all stores in my area that carried Minifigures and everywhere had people buy the boxes out :-/

So instead I just hopped on ebay and ordered the two figures I wanted from series 9 and that's it... only paid $1.50 over msrp for them anyway so saved myself time.

#2386 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

Picked up the 40054 summer scene poly from the Lego store, cool little set

#2387 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:25 AM

May or may not bite on the tower this summer. My next big planned Lego purchase is the Haunted House.

I have a pretty big unbuilt backlog right now:

Vampyre Hearse
Crazy Scientist and His Monster
Ghost Train
Vampyre Castle
Republic Striker-class Figther
Mandalorian Fighter

Should get to them once the semester ends.

#2388 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

AWD Lone Ranger mine is $57, I'll wait for cheaper, only 20% off, but it's BRAND NEW so get it if you want it.

http://www.amazon.co...6&keywords=lego

#2389 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

AWD Lone Ranger mine is $57, I'll wait for cheaper, only 20% off, but it's BRAND NEW so get it if you want it.

http://www.amazon.co...6&keywords=lego

I'll definitely get that set, but not at that price. I'm thinking the $50 price point is what I would pay for it, most.

I have the cavalry builder and the the tent one (can't think of the name offhand) and there are some sweet new pieces. I plan to get most of these guys.

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3

#2390 wastedyouth

wastedyouth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

I wish the stores in my area would actually put things on clearance. The only thing I've seen recently is the star wars advent calendar.

#2391 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

My husband bought my son (11 years old) the Lego Minecraft, he ordered it in store and they delivered it for free. They also gave him a $5 coupon off of a purchase for next time, not sure why they gave it to him. We got it in mail yesterday. My son opened it quickly and started to put it together, It is missing one little brown piece, so I ordered it on Lego site. It is really cute and my son likes it. My son used another brown piece until we get it though.

Was it missing a brown 1x2 plate? My order from Amazon a week and a half ago was missing that piece. I subbed in 2 brown 1x1 plates for now. I noticed there were a lot of extra pieces in the Minecraft set. I wonder if it's sloppy production or planned?
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#2392 Angriwooki

Angriwooki

Nacho Libre

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

Fail...

http://www.fbtb.net/...l-super-heroes/

#2393 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

Yes, now you can save $30-$40 and wait three months for the game to cost $20.

#2394 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

AWD Monster Fighters Vampyre Hearse for $23.54

Good price if you can't find it on clearance at Wal-Mart. Plus, you don't have to give money to Wal-Mart.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#2395 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

Yes, now you can save $30-$40 and wait three months for the game to cost $20.

Technically speaking, you can still get it without pre-ordering. You can be a dick and return the game afterwords, or you can resort to begging if they didn't give away the pre-orders like they were supposed too.

#2396 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:19 AM

Fail...

http://www.fbtb.net/...l-super-heroes/

Weak... I was hoping for an Iron Man with a regular minifig head (like the SDCC exclusive from a couple years back) or a character we haven't had in a set.
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#2397 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:26 AM

Was it missing a brown 1x2 plate? My order from Amazon a week and a half ago was missing that piece. I subbed in 2 brown 1x1 plates for now. I noticed there were a lot of extra pieces in the Minecraft set. I wonder if it's sloppy production or planned?

Yes it was that piece! That is strange! My son used the same 2 little ones instead until it comes, he really did not want to use any other piece because he wanted it to be exact! But I told him it was ok until we get it so he could play with it. I ordered the piece and It is being sent to me from Lego. Strange that with all the lego sets we have I could not find this piece except one in a LOTR set and he almost had a heart attack that I would take it off one set for another and refused to use it.
Smile

#2398 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

Any tips for moving with a semi-large collection of Lego? Should I break up the sets in ziploc bags and back in their boxes or put them in big storage bins and take the boxes broken down? What about taking sets partly built so I don't have to rebuild them?

I'm moving in early August but I think I should get started packing stuff up now so I can also take an inventory and sell off stuff I don't really want.

#2399 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

How and where does everyone have there Lego displayed? Do you just build per instructions and display them or do people get crazy and do "master builds" type stuff? I'm just curious because I just started collecting the minifigures but I keep eyeing different sets such as the City, Star Wars and the new LOTR has caught my eye. I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of peoples displays and I hope I'm not the only 30 year old still buying Lego's.

#2400 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

How and where does everyone have there Lego displayed? Do you just build per instructions and display them or do people get crazy and do "master builds" type stuff? I'm just curious because I just started collecting the minifigures but I keep eyeing different sets such as the City, Star Wars and the new LOTR has caught my eye. I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of peoples displays and I hope I'm not the only 30 year old still buying Lego's.

Well I'm 33 and still buying Lego ;)

I would take pics but I'm moving soon and my display room is a mess right now anyway. Most of my stuff is displayed on shelves. I'll try to get pics up once I move and get the new room set up in August.