LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
6302 replies to this topic

#2581 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

Score! I just picked up the Avengers Hulk Helicarrier Breakout set on clearance for $20. It was unfortunately missing a handful of misc. non-essential pieces, but also had about a half-dozen random extras.

Does anyone have any experience with ordering/requesting missing pieces straight from LEGO? Their website seems almost TOO easy to submit a request from (like what's stopping unscrupulous folk from saying they didn't get the mini-figs?), so I'm just curious of what to expect.

Thanks in advance.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Hearthstone, Sam & Max S1E04; Spec Ops The Line

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#2582 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

A-wing is $18 this week at Target...knew I should have waited.

Posted Image

#2583 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Sweet. Hopefully my RedCard comes in the mail this week.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#2584 Believeland

Believeland

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Score! I just picked up the Avengers Hulk Helicarrier Breakout set on clearance for $20. It was unfortunately missing a handful of misc. non-essential pieces, but also had about a half-dozen random extras.

Does anyone have any experience with ordering/requesting missing pieces straight from LEGO? Their website seems almost TOO easy to submit a request from (like what's stopping unscrupulous folk from saying they didn't get the mini-figs?), so I'm just curious of what to expect.

Thanks in advance.

Where did you get the set on clearance? Would really like that set for the minifigs.

#2585 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Must get Hulk.

LEGO will give anyone pieces without question that you request. I had to request a whole bag of parts once, there were around 70 i think. Gave me them within 2 weeks no questions asked. I just explained I bought the set fro mTRU and that a bag was missing and I couldn't return it because it was too late and they no longer made that set.

I still need to request a Cars piece, mine is deformed.

#2586 Max Power

Max Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

The Luthor Poly is going to be a tough find as it was a preorder bonus. $15-20 on eBay. The electro suit Batman should be easy as picking up the batman dictionary. There are often really good deals on these dictionaries but to buy the figure alone on eBay will cost you as little as $5.

Looking to trade for these.

#2587 brock Samson

brock Samson

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

To quote the kidnapper from Taken, "Good Luck"

#2588 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:35 AM

A-wing is $18 this week at Target...knew I should have waited.

If you and I hadn't waited the thing would have never gone on sale. -__-

I love the set, so I don't mind too much that I grabbed it when I did. I'm assuming the other sets on "sale" are like $1 or $2 off.

#2589 180husher

180husher

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

If you and I hadn't waited the thing would have never gone on sale. -__-

I love the set, so I don't mind too much that I grabbed it when I did. I'm assuming the other sets on "sale" are like $1 or $2 off.

Target always does this it seems. Whatever the $25 SW ship is for the current release will go on sale for sub $20 at least once. I just never wait because I like the smaller ships the best and they are relatively cheap so I buy them on impulse...even though I know I can save $7 if I wait. Hell, most times I just buy it again to have an extra.

And they usually just mark the rest 5% off which amounts to a buck or two like you said. I'll check them out today. My store had a sale sign on the X-wing for $25 last week...but the sign was for a Skylanders Mega set??? It was very difficult to not try to buy an X-wing and try to get them to honor the price especially after I informed a girl working in toys that it was mislabeled and she never took it down.:roll:

I finally got to take my son to see his beloved Iron Man 3 movie. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say that a certain minifig he "had to have" he could care less about now. If you've seen the movie, you probably know what I'm talking about.

Posted Image

#2590 HELLRAZR_28

HELLRAZR_28

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

^Yeah, it seems as if LEGO, too, was fooled about the plot. I found that amusing.....apparently Marvel Studios/Disney doesn't trust LEGO enough to be more forthcoming.

#2591 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

Target always does this it seems. Whatever the $25 SW ship is for the current release will go on sale for sub $20 at least once. I just never wait because I like the smaller ships the best and they are relatively cheap so I buy them on impulse...even though I know I can save $7 if I wait. Hell, most times I just buy it again to have an extra.

And they usually just mark the rest 5% off which amounts to a buck or two like you said. I'll check them out today. My store had a sale sign on the X-wing for $25 last week...but the sign was for a Skylanders Mega set??? It was very difficult to not try to buy an X-wing and try to get them to honor the price especially after I informed a girl working in toys that it was mislabeled and she never took it down.:roll:

I finally got to take my son to see his beloved Iron Man 3 movie. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say that a certain minifig he "had to have" he could care less about now. If you've seen the movie, you probably know what I'm talking about.

I'm half tempted to pick up another one and just sell off the Ackbar and Han Solo mini-figures.

I really love the A-Wing. If Lego released a UCS version of it I'd probably buy it no questions asked. Actually, I wish they would have made a UCS version instead of releasing another X-Wing (although the new X-Wing is really nice).

The Lego Store is currently offering free shipping on orders over $75. I want to order the $69.99 Technic Pick-up Tow Truck for my dad for Father's Day. Can I throw a $4.99 set on there and have the computers pick it up as $75, or does it absolutely have to be $75?

Edited by mweav067, 20 May 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#2592 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Target.com has some other Star Wars sets for about 20% off.

XWing 45.60
http://www.target.co...=lego star wars

AT-RT 16.15
http://www.target.co...=lego star wars

Both ship free.

#2593 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

KMart gave me $5 to spend online and shipping is free since I'm on their MAX program or whatever. Sadly, their Lego sets have a mark-up and there is nothing below $5. I was hoping to get a free series 10 minifig or something.

fs_overall.pngiZSbQwp.gif

#2594 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

I might just cave and get that X-Wing... Not a great deal, but $15 off is still $15 off (approximately).

#2595 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

^Yeah, it seems as if LEGO, too, was fooled about the plot. I found that amusing.....apparently Marvel Studios/Disney doesn't trust LEGO enough to be more forthcoming.

Spoiler

#2596 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

Lego bases the sets off of the movie generally. It's like saying that Hawkeye never drove a blue truck in The Avengers movie. Doesn't make a difference.

#2597 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

Does anyone have any experience with ordering/requesting missing pieces straight from LEGO? Their website seems almost TOO easy to submit a request from (like what's stopping unscrupulous folk from saying they didn't get the mini-figs?)

It really is that easy to request new parts. Had to use it maybe three times in 10 years, myself. And I'm sure there are some people who are able to abuse it to get free minifigs, but TLG must have some system in place to flag suspicious requests like that for further investigation.
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#2598 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:14 AM

I do have an extra couple of the Luthors still in their polybag, as well as 2 of the LOTR preorder minifigs and the hulk poly. I might be willing to trade, or sell, one of the Luthors, although I don't have anything particular in mind that I'm looking for in exchange.
Posted Image

#2599 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

It really is that easy to request new parts. Had to use it maybe three times in 10 years, myself. And I'm sure there are some people who are able to abuse it to get free minifigs, but TLG must have some system in place to flag suspicious requests like that for further investigation.

I recently saw somewhere that someone requested a minifigure and Lego requested more info like a receipt or box info.

#2600 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:08 AM

For certain themes, they ask for the serial number on the manual.

#2601 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:15 AM

I once was pissed off at the fact that a little sand blue wizard guy wasn't sold in the USA. So when I had to order some missing pieces I added the sand blue wizard hat. But a whole minifigure they would call you out on.

And I think they keep track of the addresses used to ship the missing parts. Missing parts are rare (not so rare 10 years ago) so if you are missing them they will ask.

However if you are missing a minifigure because someone opened the box and tried stealing the minifigures fro ma Cars set then... :lol:

#2602 180husher

180husher

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

I might just cave and get that X-Wing... Not a great deal, but $15 off is still $15 off (approximately).

Buy it. Target has a 90 day return policy and you can return online purchases in store so it's painless. Then wait for the summer clearance to see if you can pick one up cheaper. If you don't, then keep this one.

Edited by 180husher, 21 May 2013 - 10:17 PM.

Posted Image

#2603 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

My Walmart had the X-Wing for $40, it's a Star Wars set, the 25% off is a good deal if you want the set.

#2604 Kojubat

Kojubat

Not a Pokémon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

I wasn't even aware Target sold the Architecture sets, but I found a clearance Big Ben (087-09-0249) for $20.98 this morning.

Was not marked as an Online Item/Repackage/AS-IS, just regular clearance.

#2605 Angriwooki

Angriwooki

Nacho Libre

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

For all of you Southern California people. Check out this job posting! Looks like the mall a block away from my job is getting a lego store!!

http://jobs.lego.com...nga&id=51138561

#2606 180husher

180husher

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

Target has the Lego Batman movie on sale...$13.99 for either the DVD or Blu-ray/DVD combo. Comes with Clark Kent changing into Supes minifig.

Posted Image

#2607 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

Amazon is now price match the Target website prices for the XWing, RTTE and Awing.

#2608 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

Target has the Lego Batman movie on sale...$13.99 for either the DVD or Blu-ray/DVD combo. Comes with Clark Kent changing into Supes minifig.

Amazon has matched this price as well.

#2609 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

I picked up the movie from Amazon. I'm bummed I missed out on the Hobbit exclusive one.

#2610 Liquid Havok

Liquid Havok

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:35 AM

Best buy has the DVD of Batman the movie for $9.99. Picked mine up today- the minifig is awesome! Can't wait for the Jor El from the Lego Shop next month....