LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
6284 replies to this topic

#2761 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

The nickname was from several years ago because I was thin and hated children.  So I was called Big Daddy as a joke in college.

Then my best friend has called me "Green Giant" because I'm 6 inches taller than him and a gardener, so I went with that.

I was going to go with "Gay LEGO fan who doesn't like girl on girl jet skiing" but I thought that would be too long.   :)

I bet you wish it was boy on boy jet skiing don't you? =P

#2762 tiggerkiddo

tiggerkiddo

wants your blood...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:31 AM

So out of the 20+ figures I've pulled from Series 10, I've gotten quite a few Centurions and Clowns...UGH. All I want is a Catcher...and maybe Mr. Gold. Otherwise I'm kinda flush with figures...if anyone wants to trade me a Catcher, let me know what you're after!

Wondering if I'll keep Jor El or sell him. I really don't keep those special minifigs I get when they have offers like that...always more fun to sell them and buy MOAR LEGO.

#2763 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

I bet you wish it was boy on boy jet skiing don't you? =P

I rather just have guy on guy, the jet skiing is not needed.

I built the 9449 NinjaGo Sonic Raider set.  It's shit.  :lol:  The tank part is a cool start, but the flying thing that come off is really poorly done.  $26 great for parts and minifigures, but otherwise it's rather "ehh" and should have been a lot better for $80.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#2764 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

I'm hoping Series 10 sticks around my area for another month or so. I'm getting a big paycheck on Friday, but that's pretty much going towards shelving, Animal Crossing, and Father's Day. I want to go searching for a complete set of Series 10 with my next check in a couple of weeks.

I have the MF Castle, and the Ghost Train, I just haven't built them yet.

#2765 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

I'm hoping Series 10 sticks around my area for another month or so. I'm getting a big paycheck on Friday, but that's pretty much going towards shelving, Animal Crossing, and Father's Day. I want to go searching for a complete set of Series 10 with my next check in a couple of weeks.

Series 11 shouldn't be out until August at the easiest, officially probably around Labour Day.

#2766 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:03 AM

Please kill me.  I'd be happier dead than read any more of this "news".

Instead of having actual news like how GMOs kill pigs in study, or the fact that Obama is just as evil, if not more so than Bush and Nixon and the Bill of Rights gets thrown in the toilet, or that 100 of the world's richest are in a hotel having meetings NBC News wants to report on LEGO minifigures are grumpy!

http://usnews.nbcnew...study-says?lite

#2767 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

^^ I can't believe that's news... I do want that Hulk minifig though.  His angry face makes me happy.

fs_overall.pngiZSbQwp.gif

#2768 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Series 11 shouldn't be out until August at the easiest, officially probably around Labour Day.

According to toysnbricks, Series 11 will be available in September of this year. Sounds about right. That should give anyone time to collect the remaining Series 10 as well.

Source: http://toysnbricks.c...11-minifigures/

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3

#2769 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

Yeah the series have been coming out January, May, September. officially, but some places get them 2-4 weeks early.

#2770 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

Anyone spot any new clearance on toys at Target yet? The summer clearance should be starting this week.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#2771 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

Ordered my dad's Father's Day Gift this morning, got him the Technic Pick-up Tow Truck. Threw a couple Series 10 figures on it to hit the $75 threshold.

I got a 10% off coupon from the Lego catalog the other day, along with a $5 reward for VIP points... Would make the X-Wing about $175 if I could stack them, and it's tempting, or the Haunted House would be about $156. I'm also only 13 points away from another $5 reward I think.

#2772 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

Yeah the series have been coming out January, May, September. officially, but some places get them 2-4 weeks early.

You're right. I think we can expect to see them mid-August at TRU.

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3

#2773 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

Anyone spot any new clearance on toys at Target yet? The summer clearance should be starting this week.

No.  I have been in Target a lot lately, and I haven't seen anything except for the blue roadster cars, and those were weeks ago.

I have been checking for clearance and it's just not there yet.  They have put the following things on clearance:  wine (yay!), hard liquor (double yay!) salsa, cookies, chocolate (the chocolate with wasabi is disgusting), peanut brittle (really good!), duct tape (patterned), and decor.

AWD had a crapload of stuff today.  The Lone Ranger train was $75, but it's gone now.  There's still a Rancor Pit for $41, a Hobbit Unexpected Gathering for $48 and the Fire Brigade and Town Hall for unspectacular, but discounted prices.

Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#2774 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:36 AM

Came here to post about some great deals on Amazon Warehouse Deals but I see blandstalker beat me to it. I managed to pick up the Lego City Museum Break-In for $44, but there's also an Avengers Quinjet for $48, Police Forest Station for $50, The Mine for $67, and Town Hall for $172.

#2775 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:54 AM

The forest station has been around $50 a few times.  If it had a garage door I'd buy it.

The quinjet is an awesome price, that set is so much fun.

So tempted by The Hobbit Gathering set but I need to save money for my trip, and to hopefully move to Lexington MA in a month where the rent is so fucking high and I won't have a job.  :lol:

#2776 puff1983

puff1983

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:18 AM

TRU has Lego City Fire Plane on sale for $20 which is about 66% off normal regular price.  There were none in stock in my area but was showing available online so I took my chances at Target.

I had no interest in the set but the price was too good to pass up.  Just like when Wal-Mart had the mine set for $40 bucks some months back.  I was able to score one.

On a side note:  It's been 6 months since Target made it official policy to price match online items.  Why do I have to train their own employees on their company's policy?  This was the third time I tried to price match something and was looked at like I was a crazy person. I now have Target's terms and conditions bookmarked on my phone for just these occasions.

Posted Image

#2777 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

Target cares more about getting their grocery stores added to the stores than training people in basic info.  At Lowes no one ever told me anything, I wouldn't even know what's on sale because we wouldn't get in the "weekly" (They are actually only good for 5 days, and not Tuesday and Wednesday) ads in and the costumers thought I was stupid, a few times we asked to photocopy the ad.

Target wants you in the door, they don't care about their ads or anything else.

Opera House....

http://www.flickr.co...ith/9042209863/

3,000ish pieces!

And Cussoo took 9 fucking months to tell us a Maybe for a Portal set and a yes to the Mars rover set.

Cuusoo is really working out well!   :lol:

#2778 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:36 AM

After my son and I saw Iron Man 3, I had no interest in getting the sets. 

Took the kids to see Man of Steel last night, and now I have no desire to get these sets.

So before The Lone Ranger movie sucks, I got the train set today.

Posted Image

#2779 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:45 AM

Took the kids to see Man of Steel last night, and now I have no desire to get these sets.

The Lone Ranger theme is too good of a western theme to be ruined by the likely terrible movie. Or at least that is how I feel. Personally I hope it is a terrible movie and totally bombs so they go on clearance sooner rather than later

#2780 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

The Opera House is simply gorgeous. Can't wait to get my hands on that set.

#2781 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

What was the figure that Wombat was talking about (not sure if it was CAGCast or UnOp) that his child wanted badly until they saw Iron Man 3 and then suddenly had no interest in wanting it due to something that happens with that character in the movie?  Who was he referring to and what happens?  I asked someone who saw the movie, and they couldn't figure it out based on the vague spoiler-free description.  Spoilers welcome.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#2782 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

Spoiler

#2783 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

TRU has Lego City Fire Plane on sale for $20 which is about 66% off normal regular price.  There were none in stock in my area but was showing available online so I took my chances at Target.

I had no interest in the set but the price was too good to pass up.  Just like when Wal-Mart had the mine set for $40 bucks some months back.  I was able to score one.

How long is this sale going to last? I have been semi interested at the set, and almost pulled the trigger at 40. At 20, I can't pass the dang thing up!

This made me laugh so hard I cried. Literally.

#2784 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

I was able to get the fire plane for $20. Pretty nice set for the price. Love the burning trees.

#2785 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Damn it, looks like TRU took the link down for the fire plane set. Anyone happen to have a screen grab or saved the page?

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#2786 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

Lego still hasn't shipped my order from Friday at 9:30 AM yet. -__-

I saw Man of Steel and thought it was awesome.

My Target has a few Superhero sets on sale this week... Mostly for a couple dollars off. I'll probably bite on the Spidercycle set for $17.

#2787 Winky65

Winky65

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

Not really a deal, unless you have a 10% off coupon from the new catalog. But you would get a Jor El.Came in an email today.

Just for LEGO® VIPs! Early access to the new LEGO® The Lord of the Rings
Tower of Orthanc™ + FREE Poster!
From June 17th through June 30th, you have the exclusive opportunity to purchase the new 10237 Tower of Orthanc™ before anyone else, at LEGO® Stores and shop.LEGO.com. Plus, as part of early access, you will receive a free, limited edition LEGO The Lord of the Rings™ poster with your purchase.*

#2788 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

Over the weekend I went to the TRU Fathers Day mini build with my boys. Also picked up the Lone Ranger poly and since they were BOGO 50% off picked up a pod racer poly. Last night I put together the new Creator Family House, awesome build and design!

#2789 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

^ The awesome new modernish one?  Love that set, real creativity on LEGO's part with that set.

#2790 tilcfast

tilcfast

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

Picked up a couple of sets on clearance at Wal-Mart.

Quinjet - $25
Cars 2 Flo's V8 Cafe - $30

Anyone else ever pick up any of the Cars 2 sets? I like the look and love the cars as kind of minifigs. Wondering if I should look for the other Cars 2 sets. I know at this point they'll be tough to find.

As for the Quinjet, it's my first marvel set, and now I have to at least collect all the Avengers. Damn you Lego. Actually damn my collecting habit...