10/19 - 10/21 Extra 50% trade bonus @ Gamestop(no pre-orders needed)(limited stores)

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Looks like the pattern that will continue thru to yrs end will be b2g1, b2g1, 50% trade in, b2g1, 50% trade in, 50% trade in, b2g1 & so on. These are at stores near BestBuys but the way GS has their districts it doesn't always make sense a store that's closer to a BB may not get it & one 1-3 miles further will. Only way to know is call but once you know the store(s) these promo should be consistant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard the same thing from my Gamestop rep on Sunday. He said they'd be doing it every weekend the rest of the year. However, I want to stress that he isn't the manager, so I don't know if that can be considered confirmation or not.

[quote name='Vap']Do you know if it's on Friday as well,or just saturday and Sunday like last time?[/QUOTE]9/21 is Friday that was date given to me from the same store that was doing the b2g1 lat week. I don't think he'd BS me considering the number of games he saw on my receipts which need to be return/rebought & he's the one working next time I'm coming in.

[quote name='Vap']Do you know if it's on Friday as well,or just saturday and Sunday like last time?[/QUOTE]
It started on Friday last week as well.
[quote name='sninh']so we can always just return and rebuy at the store to get it to work right?[/QUOTE]
Yes. YMMV (shouldn't, but...) The games can be long gone. All they need is the receipt(s). Again YMMV depending on the store/manager/employee.

[quote name='Enuf']9/21 is Friday that was date given to me from the same store that was doing the b2g1 lat week. I don't think he'd BS me considering the number of games he saw on my receipts which need to be return/rebought & he's the one working next time I'm coming in.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Oh god I feel like an idiot. I didn't even notice the date in the title >_

[quote name='AFC']I heard the same thing from my Gamestop rep on Sunday. He said they'd be doing it every weekend the rest of the year. However, I want to stress that he isn't the manager, so I don't know if that can be considered confirmation or not.[/QUOTE]

I was told the exact same thing this past weekend. I found the part she said about it being "every weekend till the end of the year" questionable, but I guess not.

Last edited by a moderator:
well that sucks. my gamestop is right across the street from bestbuy but no b2g1f. damn, you could potentially make 30+ each b2g1 flip. lame

did any of the socal cag see if there was a b2g1 at the south coast, westminster, or the block one? (or any other gamestops near best buys in that area i'm not aware of)

Why must these always be on a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday?! I work 12 hour shifts on those days.

Does Gamestop have something against Monday through Thursday?

[quote name='sninh']did any of the socal cag see if there was a b2g1 at the south coast, westminster, or the block one? (or any other gamestops near best buys in that area i'm not aware of)[/QUOTE]

I got the e-mail for the Westminster one but didn't go.

GREEN WOOD INDIANA is doing it
Bloomington Indiana is not

so i know its going on
give it a call to ur local gamestop

[quote name='kk012']The GS in Union City, CA is running this promo this weekend.[/QUOTE]

That the only one in the Bay Area doing it?

Forget the email call store th GS DM said this is a 400 store test using stores near competition like BB TRU &target

same rep who leaked this to me let me know that b2g1 will be coming again in 2 weeks looks like same stores but in between they will have 50% TIV to compete with BB. He said this pattern of sales will continue for weeks maybe?

Looks like the 100% has had an affect on them to many people with BB credit & they're using it on games that get $20 credits vs GS DLC.

BB must be making a decent impact on GS. It'll be nice if they'll start doing this at every store so I wouldn't have to drive 20-30 minutes across town,especially since I have one 5 minutes away from me.

[quote name='Vap']BB must be making a decent impact on GS. It'll be nice if they'll start doing this at every store so I wouldn't have to drive 20-30 minutes across town,especially since I have one 5 minutes away from me.[/QUOTE]They are affecting GS business this is a "test" to see if it has a positive result for GS. Basically, people are getting so much BB credit that there's no need to purchase @ GS with credit. Add in that BB gives far more than the 30% trade in deals, they offer redit vs DLC, the $15 GCU comes with a mag full of coupons & 30-60 price protection and GS becomes very limited. If BB could get their system together & the DLC they do have they'd take over completely.

Overall, this is a great thing for shoppers since competition is what's needed that's why it doesn't make sense for people to want more stores to go under.

[quote name='Enuf']same rep who leaked this to me let me know that b2g1 will be coming again in 2 weeks looks like same stores but in between they will have 50% TIV to compete with BB. He said this pattern of sales will continue for weeks maybe?

Looks like the 100% has had an affect on them to many people with BB credit & they're using it on games that get $20 credits vs GS DLC.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? A B2G1 and a 50% TiB? Awesome! It's pretty far off, but I'm patient and excited for this, especially since I missed out on the one this past weekend.:bouncy:

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Why must these always be on a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday?! I work 12 hour shifts on those days.

Does Gamestop have something against Monday through Thursday?[/QUOTE]

get a new job?

Hmm.. I wonder if GS will be able to keep up with Best Buy. They'd better be EXTRA prepared if BB does like last fall! GS has had some decent sales, to me, this year.

[quote name='Fukurou']Seriously? A B2G1 and a 50% TiB? Awesome! It's pretty far off, but I'm patient and excited for this, especially since I missed out on the one this past weekend.:bouncy:[/QUOTE]remember both deals won't happen in the same weekend 50% starts this Fri 9/28 & again on 10/12.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Hmm.. I wonder if GS will be able to keep up with Best Buy. They'd better be EXTRA prepared if BB does like last fall! GS has had some decent sales, to me, this year.[/QUOTE]The only thing is they're stuck in their ways & refuse to understand that GS exclusive DLC that may show up in a GOTY/complete edition isn't good enuf to compete with $20 credit. If BB can get the instant RZ point system up & running they'll have the gaming world in the palm of their hands.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ints-posts-w-nno-risk-to-BestBuy/idi-p/547674

[quote name='Enuf']remember both deals won't happen in the same weekend 50% starts this Fri 9/28 & again on 10/12.

The only thing is they're stuck in their ways & refuse to understand that GS exclusive DLC that may show up in a GOTY/complete edition isn't good enuf to compete with $20 credit. If BB can get the instant RZ point system up & running they'll have the gaming world in the palm of their hands.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ints-posts-w-nno-risk-to-BestBuy/idi-p/547674[/QUOTE]

The Newegg $10, $12, and $15 off pre-orders kick both GS and BBY in the flap. But the GS $10 off coke code is pretty damn good.

[quote name='Drclaw411']The Newegg $10, $12, and $15 off pre-orders kick both GS and BBY in the flap. But the GS $10 off coke code is pretty damn good.[/QUOTE]

Really it only does for the non-AAA games and/or if you are only planning on one game (even then, you can still use the RZ Cert. on other stuff). Otherwise not really considering you might not get the game on release day (and definitely not without paying more) which is a big thing for a lot of people.

Best Buy gets all of my pre-orders now (this coming from someone who has never really pre-ordered anything until they started these deals). The only time I have bought a new game at GS in the past 3 was for the pre-order bonus for NHL 13. Otherwise all new game purchases have belonged to KMart that past three years and now Best Buy.

[quote name='Enuf']They are affecting GS business this is a "test" to see if it has a positive result for GS. Basically, people are getting so much BB credit that there's no need to purchase @ GS with credit. Add in that BB gives far more than the 30% trade in deals, they offer redit vs DLC, the $15 GCU comes with a mag full of coupons & 30-60 price protection and GS becomes very limited. If BB could get their system together & the DLC they do have they'd take over completely.

Overall, this is a great thing for shoppers since competition is what's needed that's why it doesn't make sense for people to want more stores to go under.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. The only other thing I'll add is BB needs to get a better variety and stock on used games. I love all the B2G1 sales they have on used games,but my BB has a sad supply of used games that makes the sales useless to me. If they could fix that they'll murder GS.

they do this near BB's, I noticed this a long time ago. This one gamestop and best buy are about 100 feet away from each other in the same plaza. This gamestop to my surprise has a banner of the side of the store running a 100% trade in promotion just about the same time BB usually is. And this past B2G1 free sale was also the same store.

[quote name='Enuf']remember both deals won't happen in the same weekend 50% starts this Fri 9/28 & again on 10/12.

The only thing is they're stuck in their ways & refuse to understand that GS exclusive DLC that may show up in a GOTY/complete edition isn't good enuf to compete with $20 credit. If BB can get the instant RZ point system up & running they'll have the gaming world in the palm of their hands.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ints-posts-w-nno-risk-to-BestBuy/idi-p/547674[/QUOTE]

while true im no convinced best buy is hurting gamestop all that much. for starters BBY employees are universally dumber than anything gamestop churns out. their TIV system at BBY is probably hurting BBY more than helping them(though it helps us) and of course their used game selection is just terrible. but then again the game section is only one portion of the entire store....gamestop is well only games. i doubt the king of retail game stores will so easily be beaten.

the 20 dollar credit is only on select games anyway so.

i also place a lot more faith in my wii u preorder at gamestop over best buy which has 0 control on their inventory.

a B2G1 at gamestop yields potentially far better games.

i do agree gamestop needs to get with the program a little better by pricematching and offering better rewards and whatnot. i hope this is something they fix in the coming year.

not saying BBY is bad...their deals of the day were truly legendary and my wallet truly hates them. but im not sure they overall outrank gamestop.

but then again newegg truly killed it with preorders this fall. nobody beat their 15,12, and 10 dollar off anything promos.

though gamestop has one thing over BBY....mommy taking their kids to unload their old games to gamestop because you can find quite literally any current gen game there. this will forever fuel them

Lets just say that people better god damn pray that GS never goes out. Because the day they do, that's the day BB will stop the 'deals'. The moment Circuit City went out around here, BB started to suck BIG TIME. Hell, they still suck on most things compared to when CC was around. Its only been better recently because BB is trying to stay alive.

Ah, I see. Well, it's still great that they will have the 50%. Doesn't matter when it is. I hated the 30% because not only was it less than 50%, but you had to preorder something, then cancel later.

The preordering doesn't even matter to some people like me. Even if Gamestop has DLC, and Best Buy gives a $20 credit, it's still not worth it for me to pay $60 for a game I can get for $10-20 in a about 6 months to a year.

Title's been updated, but no post from Enuf. I hope this is right, since the 100% bonus of Best Buy is almost over, there's a lot I want to flip from Gamestop to Best Buy.

[quote name='Faulkjr22']Any confirmation of this sale?[/QUOTE]the stores I know about did 50% last weekend. I just called them & they stated they will know there promos by 7pm tonight I'll uodate again then.

[quote name='Fukurou']Title's been updated, but no post from Enuf. I hope this is right, since the 100% bonus of Best Buy is almost over, there's a lot I want to flip from Gamestop to Best Buy.[/QUOTE]From what I heard the 100% will be extended till Dec. no exact date as of yet though.

Awesome. Can't wait.

And Enuf, there's conflicting information about the end of the 100%. The ad says it's over on Sunday, but numerous Best Buy reps say it will end in December. Not sure which is true. Here's hoping it goes until December.

Is there any way to find out what stores are doing this other than calling around? Or does anyone know if any DFW stores are doing it?

[quote name='kamakazi5']Is there any way to find out what stores are doing this other than calling around? Or does anyone know if any DFW stores are doing it?[/QUOTE]

try calling the ones close to best buy

bread's done
Back