#1 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

:3ds: Nintendo 3DS XL - Blue/Black - $199.96

Over 999 copies available

:EDIT: DEAD

Edited by iNCREDiPiNOY, 19 September 2012 - 02:35 AM.

#2 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

Nice to see they are selling it.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#3 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

Sweet, $0.04 off of MSRP!

Edit: Sorry, $0.03 off. Got carried away there.
Posted Image

#4 armandxp

armandxp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

Maybe Wii U will be forthcoming????? :)

#5 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

You Save: $0.03

Awesome deal!

#6 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

I think the "deal" is that Amazon is actually selling the damn thing finally.
76561197996844513.png

#7 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

I think the "deal" is that Amazon is actually selling the damn thing finally.

This isn't the first time Amazon has sold the 3DS XL. The black/blue one was listed on 8/21 and shipping in 2 to 3 weeks. I think someone mentioned in another thread making and order then and and recently receiving a shipping notice.

#8 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

So we're making threads when things go back in stock at certain retailers now?

#9 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

So we're making threads when things go back in stock at certain retailers now?

It's actually a big deal because Amazon refused to sell Nintendo consoles after the 3DS that cost them a hefty chunk of change.

#10 Xiemos

Xiemos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

Wii U Pre-orders incoming?!

#11 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

Hope for Wii U!!!
Posted Image

#12 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

Amazon? Selling Nintendo consoles?? What sorcery is this?!
Posted Image

#13 Trez123

Trez123

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

The red and black is not sold by them however. They most likely bought a small amount of stock from a smaller distributor. I hope It's the end of the feud but it's unlikely.

http://www.manbitesn...dware-products/

that's the popular rumor going around a lot of sites for why things are the way they are.

#14 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

The red and black is not sold by them however. They most likely bought a small amount of stock from a smaller distributor. I hope It's the end of the feud but it's unlikely.

that's the popular rumor going around a lot of sites for why things are the way they are.

Pretty interesting read.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Kaiser499.png

#15 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

haha, Nintendo is pathetic. Glad I got all that stuff of theirs used.

#16 fantomgamer

fantomgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

Why is this posted in deals? Its practically MSRP!

#17 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

haha, Nintendo is pathetic. Glad I got all that stuff of theirs used.

Did you even read that article? Because it definitely made it out like Amazon was the ones being pathetic...not Nintendo.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#18 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

That link is a little biased based on the site is a nintendo news site. All sites I've read about point it to being the fact that Nintendo got pissy cause Amazon had requested faulty equipment returns due to the 3DS having shitty hinges and causing scratched screens. Nintendo fired back with "oh thats the way its designed, tough cookies", and sticking amazon with a lot of mad customers wanting returns. But believe what you will...

#19 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

No other retailer, online or off, seems to have a problem with selling the 3DS or 3DS XL. Only Amazon.

Crunchewy.png

#20 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

Just pointing out that no one really brings up the point of amazon trying to bully nintendo into cheaper prices, but a lot points to the screen scratching crappy hinges.

#21 htz

htz

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

That link is a little biased based on the site is a nintendo news site. All sites I've read about point it to being the fact that Nintendo got pissy cause Amazon had requested faulty equipment returns due to the 3DS having shitty hinges and causing scratched screens. Nintendo fired back with "oh thats the way its designed, tough cookies", and sticking amazon with a lot of mad customers wanting returns. But believe what you will...

I don't know... If it was a widespread faulty issue with the 3DS, wouldn't NewEgg be hurting more than amazon to not carry the device either? Amazon video game deals have been pretty lackluster starting last year. They might have pissed off more than Nintendo from getting a deeper wholesaler discount, while other items(not video games) I purchase from amazon are pretty competitive priced. You know something is brewing when a smaller retailer like NewEgg is owning Amazon on pre-order credit promos.

#22 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

Did you even read that article? Because it definitely made it out like Amazon was the ones being pathetic...not Nintendo.

Nintendo giving companies like Wal-Mart preference over Amazon is stupid in my book. Condemning Amazon because they have no brick and mortar shops is just ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that Wal-Mart is the true evil when it comes to business relations. They already run every single store out of business, and now they're doing it online? Fuck that.

#23 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

No other retailer, online or off, seems to have a problem with selling the 3DS or 3DS XL. Only Amazon.

no its no other company will BELIVE people systems got damaged ..

AMAZON o you system got damaged here we will take 25 to 50 off ( = opening self to scammers

99.9% of all the other places: your system got damage.. send it back to us.. what is that you want to keep your damage system but want a 50 buck credit... Go Fuck yourself send the system back or keep your so called damaged unit
WOOOO I STINK

#24 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

I think it's more that Amazon lets their customers take advantage of them with their lax return policies. They're trying to be customer friendly, but many posts on CAG over the years border on people abusing the system. And with hardware margins so low, it's not worth the hassle anyway. But if it was a widespread quality problem, there would be others joining them.

#25 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

The reality is that we still don't really know what the reason is. All we have is speculation. The only thing we know for sure is that other resellers continue to sell Nintendo products, and Amazon in other countries sell Nintendo products, including pre-orders for the WiiU

I don't recall seeing any scratches on our 3DS, but I will check tonight.

Crunchewy.png

#26 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

This is great news. I don't have the money for it, but when i do i can use some saved up amazon credit on this sucker. Thanks for posting!
Posted Image

#27 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

You know CAG should really implement the Thumb up or down for the posts... There are so good discussions here. I'm glad that Amazon is selling Nintendo consoles again. From what I read so far, I tend to side with Nintendo on this one.

1. It seems that Amazon is the only retailer with high percentage of faulty 3DS complaints.

2. Amazon do not have physical stores, they already have operation advantages over B&M stores. To ask for more discounts is really putting every other retailers in tighter spots. If Nintendo give the discount to Amazon, what makes you think the other retailers won't? Especially those have real store fronts where people can come in and touch the product?

3. If this thing drags out, only will Amazon look really stupid... The holidays coming and no Nintendo consoles? You will have a lot of pissed and confused customers.

#28 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

Is there some known problem with 3DS hinges? Mine is still ok, and it seems miles less likely to crack than the original DS lite white's hinge.

#29 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

My nephew has the original 3DS and I thought it looked pretty flimsy when you open and close it.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Kaiser499.png

#30 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

Finally. Now all they need to do is throw in a $25 or more GC and I'm on it.