[DEAD] Nintendo 3DS XL - Blue/Black - $199.96 ships from & sold by Amazon.com

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

I don't know... If it was a widespread faulty issue with the 3DS, wouldn't NewEgg be hurting more than amazon to not carry the device either? Amazon video game deals have been pretty lackluster starting last year. They might have pissed off more than Nintendo from getting a deeper wholesaler discount, while other items(not video games) I purchase from amazon are pretty competitive priced. You know something is brewing when a smaller retailer like NewEgg is owning Amazon on pre-order credit promos.

I hear it's a bitch to return something to newegg, and their customer service pales in comparison to Amazon's. not to mention I imagine that Amazon probably got 100x the traffic for 3ds hardware sales than newegg, and is likely by far the #1 online video game retailer. So the fact that Amazon is having issues with the minor flaws in the 3DS whereas other companies are not is not surprising to me.
Posted Image

#32 UltimateIdiot911

UltimateIdiot911

Have a nice tragedy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

Is there some known problem with 3DS hinges? Mine is still ok, and it seems miles less likely to crack than the original DS lite white's hinge.

My 3DS hinge is loose. It's the Zelda one. I use a tight case to hold it in place so it's not so flimsy.

#33 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Actually.. I don't really like the blue or red XLs. I hope they release a new color soon or a holiday bundle. :\ I was thinking maybe for Kirby's anniversary they might unveil a pink system but I wouldn't want pink either.

#34 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

Why the Fuck doesn't Amazon have the Red XL? I have expiring GCs dammit!!

#35 CookieMonster156

CookieMonster156

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

Why are they charging for CA recycling fees on this? No other place in CA collects this for the 3DS. WHY?

#36 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:21 PM

Actually.. I don't really like the blue or red XLs. I hope they release a new color soon or a holiday bundle. :\ I was thinking maybe for Kirby's anniversary they might unveil a pink system but I wouldn't want pink either.

Honestly, both the blue and red look a LOT better in person than they do in photos. If you're on the fence because you don't like the color, go to a GameStop and look at their display and ask if they have the other color behind the counter. The color is bold, but it's not too bright (actually, it's kind of dark/deep) and it doesn't look cheap. I've always been a neutral color guy with my hardware, but these look nice.

#37 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

Nintendo giving companies like Wal-Mart preference over Amazon is stupid in my book. Condemning Amazon because they have no brick and mortar shops is just ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that Wal-Mart is the true evil when it comes to business relations. They already run every single store out of business, and now they're doing it online? Fuck that.

What I've heard from people who deal with Walmart buyers is they come in with what they are willing to pay, and it's non-negotiable if you want your product in their store.

I would guess that not having your product sold in Walmart is much worse for a business than not being sold on Amazon's American website, when you consider the sheer amount of physical locations and cash transactions and other forms of payment all that can happen in store a lot easier than online (think of kids saving up for the new 3DS).

I don't like Walmart either though.

#38 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

$100 to upgrade, not bad.
Posted Image

#39 Megafrog

Megafrog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:06 AM

Awesome deal! I am in for 10. I can save a whole 30 cents!

#40 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:47 AM

Honestly, both the blue and red look a LOT better in person than they do in photos. If you're on the fence because you don't like the color, go to a GameStop and look at their display and ask if they have the other color behind the counter. The color is bold, but it's not too bright (actually, it's kind of dark/deep) and it doesn't look cheap. I've always been a neutral color guy with my hardware, but these look nice.

I agree, the colors look really childish in most of the photos you see (probably because the light reflects off of them a lot) but it's actually a LOT darker and more subtle in person. It's not navy blue or anything even close, but it's not the bright "toy" blue it appears either. Same for the red...

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#41 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:34 AM

Deal is dead. Wow that was fast!

#42 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

Crap. This was an awesome deal for me since Amazon doesn't charge me tax, but newegg, etc, does. Saving around $20 is a huge deal for me.

Thanks for the post, OP!

#43 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

Wow, they sold out? That was quick.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#44 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

watch the people that bought still return it :/

thats why you use screen protectors , they ruined it for us :P

#45 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

I hear it's a bitch to return something to newegg, and their customer service pales in comparison to Amazon's. not to mention I imagine that Amazon probably got 100x the traffic for 3ds hardware sales than newegg, and is likely by far the #1 online video game retailer. So the fact that Amazon is having issues with the minor flaws in the 3DS whereas other companies are not is not surprising to me.

I got a ''used'' copy of Ghost Recon 2 for 360 years ago that was labeled new. Newegg refunded me the entire amount of $9.99 and let me keep the game.

I've heard others with issues on newegg and got them resolved.

Amazon still has the best customer service and they take care of all issues. I'm not sure what their system return policy is but It's 15 days even at Wal-Mart and if your having problems after that time your basically stuck with the system. Also why Nintendo gives preference to Amazon over Wal-Mart is beyond me. At Wal-Mart if we get a defective system within 15 days for any reason and send it thru claims we get 100% credit towards their products. Why shouldn't Amazon get the same treatment?

#46 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

Nice to see they are selling it.

Your Signature GIF is amazing. I was cracking up when Conan did that last week.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#47 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

Eh, I've held out this long. I think I can wait for a holiday bundle or Black Friday deal.

16Z462z.jpg

#48 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

The red and black is not sold by them however. They most likely bought a small amount of stock from a smaller distributor. I hope It's the end of the feud but it's unlikely.

http://www.manbitesn...dware-products/

that's the popular rumor going around a lot of sites for why things are the way they are.

Guess that explains why WiiU preorders are non-existent on Amazon. I was hoping for that last avenue to avoid that holiday rush & limited preorder garbage but nope.

#49 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

How did this come and go so quick and why?!?

I've been waiting for this for a long time so I could use promos.... Guess I'll just keep waiting for a black Friday deal....
:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: MGS: Ground Zeroes, Watch Dogs
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Pokemon Y
:psp: Dragons Crown, LBP Vita, Smart As, Sound Shapes

#50 LonelyController

LonelyController

lonelycontroller.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

Lol at Amazon pushing the Vita with three separate boxes on the 3DS page.

Also Consider the PlayStation Vita
The PlayStation Vita is a revolutionary gaming experience with dual analog sticks, front and rear cameras, front multi-touch display, multi-touch rear pad, GPS and new unit specific media flash-based storage. The console also has network connectivity via improved Wi-Fi capabilities and comes in two versions, Wifi and 3G/Wifi. Learn more.