oh I am all over this!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#62 Erabiont

Erabiont

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

I guess my 3 year old slim couldn't have picked a better time to crap out on me.

t3hchucknoris.png

#63 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

ill wait for black friday to get the redesign. hehe!

#64 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

Just called GS, they said they don't have the SKU for the new ps3 yet but to keep calling back because they'll most likely have a trade in promo for it. So is it possible if/when they do the trade-in promo, to just cancel the preorder and then flip enough games with the credit to get the new PS3 or do they not let you get the credit back that you would get once you cancel?

I do not understand this....

Scenario, they give $120 for your PS3 (with promo) for the new PS3. You put the pre-order in and put $120 down. You then cancel the pre-order, get $120 on a gift card. Trade in $150 worth of games and put that on a gift card. So $270 total. You then use that for the new PS3 Uber-Slim. Why not just leave the $120 on the PS3 and when you trade in the games...add them to the pre-order?

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#65 BoBotheHutt

BoBotheHutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

The new PS3 is up on Newegg.

http://www.newegg.co...&Tpk=68-110-103

They have the 500GB AC3 one too.

#66 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

Not a deal.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#67 ZCG

ZCG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

The new PS3 is up on Newegg.

http://www.newegg.co...&Tpk=68-110-103

They have the 500GB AC3 one too.

I don't see a 500GB AC3 bundle. Only the pre-order for the original Slim "SONY PS3 320GB Assassin's Creed 3 System Bundle" for $299.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16868110098

EDIT: nevermind. Looks like Newegg's info on that item is mislabeled. The banner descriptions says 320GB and the picture shows the original-Slim, but the "Memory/Storage" description states 500 GB

#68 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

Mmm the new PS3 Slim wouldn't go where I have my current gen Slim is located. I have it in a little nook so the sliding top wouldn't work for me.

I might pick it up for the living room though if there is a black friday deal on it though.

#69 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

This new Slim version will also do away with the front-loading disc drive in favor of the old school top-loading disc drive.

I still have my 60GB BC PS3 and the current 160GB Slim model...so no need for this model anytime soon. Maybe when they start selling for $100.

I'm in the exact same boat. Only reason I'm even thinking of the new model is that my original 60 GB PS3 (with flash card readers and 4 USB ports) is kind of loud compared to the slim. It used to be quieter, but when it came back from Sony after a repair on the optical drive it seemed to run hotter than it had before the repair, causing he fans to go into turbo mode under lighter loads.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#70 .Azaria

.Azaria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

Concerned about the slide disc thing, looks like it might break so on the line about it

#71 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

Dust 514 is a free game so nice try Sony...
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#72 lochdoun

lochdoun

Coast to Coast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Dust 514 is a free game so nice try Sony...

You must have missed the part about a $30 voucher that lets you download paid content for the game.
Currently playing: :pc: Tropico 4 | :360: Reckoning

#73 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

PS3 Super Slim Unboxing

Saw their pathetic sound test? All they did was put the game in. Any idiot knows that unless a game or just cd period is being used it makes very little sound. Do a loudness test with Skyrim lol

#74 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

You must have missed the part about a $30 voucher that lets you download paid content for the game.

I didn't miss a thing.

And I don't wanna miss a thing... Every time I close my eyes...

#75 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

PS3 Super Cheap?

Hehe ... dunno, I'm on the fence about this now ... that sliding cover looks like something that's guaranteed to break in 5 years or less

#76 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

Saw their pathetic sound test? All they did was put the game in. Any idiot knows that unless a game or just cd period is being used it makes very little sound. Do a loudness test with Skyrim lol

uhhh.. some consoles sound like a jet engine just running netflix.... not naming names but you know

#77 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

Dookie ass prices + fake value = up

Pretty sure they just farted in my mouth with this bundle, and that's a price hike if I ever tasted one.

This is the funniest comment i've seen in a while:applause::applause::applause::applause:

And I agree. It would've been better to just release a non-bundle for 200.

#78 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

uhhh.. some consoles sound like a jet engine just running netflix.... not naming names but you know

Talking about xbox 360 aren't you?
PS2 was loud. I don't remember what my dreamcast sounded like.

#79 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

My launch 60GB PS3 that still works gets just as loud as a 360 after being on for about 20 minutes, maybe even louder.

#80 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

Concerned about the slide disc thing, looks like it might break so on the line about it

It's a piece of plastic, there are no moving parts, it won't break unless you sit on it.

#81 J7.

J7.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

Did they announce a price drop of the current Slim model?

#82 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

Looks a lot more cheaply made than the previous slim, fortunately I won't need another PS3 (I have a few backups), because this just looks too cheap.

#83 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

Looks a lot more cheaply made than the previous slim, fortunately I won't need another PS3 (I have a few backups), because this just looks too cheap.

You randomly have boxes of consoles laying around just in case? What?

And I agree with most people, this does look smaller and cheaply made yet somehow isn't a reduction in price. Sometimes I just don't understand Sony's logic at all.

#84 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

I'm passing on this thing. I'll take the current one instead and hopefully there will be a nice price drop for the 320 GB slim on Black Friday. I'm thinking $150-200.

#85 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:24 PM

You randomly have boxes of consoles laying around just in case? What?

And I agree with most people, this does look smaller and cheaply made yet somehow isn't a reduction in price. Sometimes I just don't understand Sony's logic at all.

its well known that when the zombies rise up they will accept ps3's instead of human brains.

#86 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

The first thing I noticed was the corrugated top. :-#

#87 airco

airco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:42 AM

No PS2 backwards compat? Thanks for dashing my unrealistic hopes yet again, Sony.

#88 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

I'm passing on this thing. I'll take the current one instead and hopefully there will be a nice price drop for the 320 GB slim on Black Friday. I'm thinking $150-200.

This. I have 2 slims but will need a 3rd since ps4 won't be bc
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#89 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

It's a piece of plastic, there are no moving parts, it won't break unless you sit on it.

Its a spring loaded slider. With my luck the first thing that happens is the little plastic clip breaks and I have to tape it shut anytime I want to play something.

My 60GB is still kicking, but its nice to know that when it YLODs some day this is the junk I will have to replace it with.

#90 Murderstorm

Murderstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

Im assuming that the normal slims will see a price drop? Hopefully the 160 hits 200