Photo
- - - - -

New Xbox 360 Holiday Bundles 2012 arriving in-stores?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 Viper187

Viper187

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:13 AM

So are there any special edition consoles coming up besides the Halo 4 one? I'll probably be looking to get a backup box, but I don't want that Forza shit or anything Kinect.
Mentally Irregular - Just an awesome book. Nothing else like it.

#32 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

Nope only Halo.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#33 Viper187

Viper187

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

Nope only Halo.

It's bullshit the option to get the console by itself disappears at xmas time. I'll already have a copy of Halo, but I might go ahead and get the console too. Depends on how well my Gears 3 slim stands up to grinding out Gears 3 next month while I'm awaiting the H4 release.

#34 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

It's bullshit the option to get the console by itself disappears at xmas time. I'll already have a copy of Halo, but I might go ahead and get the console too. Depends on how well my Gears 3 slim stands up to grinding out Gears 3 next month while I'm awaiting the H4 release.

The special edition consoles were available at various retailers after the holidays, including the Gears 3 console, the MW3 console and previous ones as well. Usually at some reduced prices as well.

The non-holiday consoles (Splinter Cell, FF XIII, RE5, Halo 3, etc) also hung around for a while after release, decreasing in price as they stayed out in the retail channel.

#35 mikey1123

mikey1123

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

I don't care what game they throw in no Xbox 360 should be over $300. It's 6 years old!

#36 Viper187

Viper187

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

The special edition consoles were available at various retailers after the holidays, including the Gears 3 console, the MW3 console and previous ones as well. Usually at some reduced prices as well.

The non-holiday consoles (Splinter Cell, FF XIII, RE5, Halo 3, etc) also hung around for a while after release, decreasing in price as they stayed out in the retail channel.

I know. I got the Gears one for $350 in March. I'm hoping Amazon or someone will offer a $50-75 gift card with the consoles or something at xmas like other years.

#37 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

I saw the kenict with Xbox holiday bundle for 250 at walmart
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#38 KD19982

KD19982

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

Saw the bundle today in Houston

http://imageshack.us...9/wp000205x.jpg

#39 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:29 AM

Not much better than what you can get now. Let's wait and see what the Black Friday deals will be.

#40 GalvatronType_R

GalvatronType_R

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

Warning to cheapies: the Forza 4 in the upcoming holiday bundle will include the first disk but not the second. Why should you care? There are a bunch of extra tracks and cars that they couldn't fit on one disk which they were forced to burn onto another. Not having this content may exclude you from certain online games or lobbies.

You've been warned...

#41 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

Yeah I bought one of these bundles with a digital skyrim and physical copy of forza at best buy like 2 weeks ago at my best buy for $250 (they let me price match Walmart otherwise it was $299). Traded in my copy of forza for $26 ($13 base) so basically got it for $224

#42 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

I have them in the BB I work at. 250 GB console (No Kinect) with a physical copy of Forza 4, a download voucher for Skyrim, and a month of Xbox Live for $299.99. Plus if you buy a console you get a year of @Gamer for free.

What the heck when did they start offering a free year of @gamer for buying this? I bought mine a couple weeks ago and there was no mention of a free @gamer membership

#43 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:41 AM

Pretty meh.

#44 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

Should we assume bestbuy will also have this 250 bundle for $199 on black friday? Surprised the price of the console held out since last year. At least this means forza 4 and skyrim prices will probably drop to the $10 range new soon.

#45 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

Should we assume bestbuy will also have this 250 bundle for $199 on black friday? Surprised the price of the console held out since last year. At least this means forza 4 and skyrim prices will probably drop to the $10 range new soon.

Skyrim comes as a digital download code. I doubt many people will be able to make use of it with slow or capped internet connections. The game is over 7GB and probably even more due to the numerous gigantic patches. You might be able to find the download code cheap but I think physical copies will hold there value.

#46 Demonkadar

Demonkadar

Customer Service Slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

Makes since for Wal-Mart at least. We dropped the older systems $50 each (with the exception of the 4GB standard model.)

My store has them in stock already so that is a yes :)

#47 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

Skyrim comes as a digital download code. I doubt many people will be able to make use of it with slow or capped internet connections. The game is over 7GB and probably even more due to the numerous gigantic patches. You might be able to find the download code cheap but I think physical copies will hold there value.

The patches aren't that big, and you only ever have to download one (which encompasses everything). I think Microsoft limits how big patches can be.

#48 boostlag

boostlag

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

xbox seriously needs a 100dollar price cut.

#49 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

xbox seriously needs a 100dollar price cut.

Agreed, I hear they're hardly selling any :roll:

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#50 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Agreed, I hear they're hardly selling any :roll:

He did say seriously.
Posted Image

#51 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

FYI when MS does the holiday bundles, they ship GS stores games/codes to put in their older system stock and stickers to show the holiday bundle goodies so you might want to try there also.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#52 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

I got the Holiday bundle last year for around that price. Included Halo REACH and Fable 2....it was a good upgrade for myself.