free tickets to wreck it ralph or frankenweenie with dvd or bluray purchase

bill esquivel

CAGiversary!
I was in the disney movie club website today and it has a window to get a free movie ticket to Frankenweenie or Wreck It Ralph. They had a few titles that would qualify. I could not find anything on the disney movie rewards site. So it might not be activated yet or its not actually a disney promotion.

I hope its like the finding nemo 3d deal. I was able to get 4 free tickets from movies I had already bought..

the eligible titles might be
dvd or blu-ray titles
nightmare before christmas
bolt
alice in wonderland (depp version)
james and the giant peach
dinosaur
gnomeo & juliet

dvd
tarzan
Oliver And Company 20th Anniversary
Phineas and Ferb: The Perry Files

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bill esquivel']
I hope its like the finding nemo 3d deal. I was able to get 4 free tickets from movies I had already bought..
[/QUOTE]

How did that work out? I was planning on buying two of those movies to take my kid to see it, but I already own most of the eligible movies. Appreciate whatever info you can give!

I have learned not to enter the disney magic codes until I have to. Here is the current program for nemo.

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/nemo3dmovieticket

Just log in, get to this page and enter a code from one of these movies. Does not matter when you bought or how. as long as the code has no been entered, you will get a free ticket.

I am hoping the same program will be for Frankenweenie or Wreck It Ralph as I have 4 codes that will work.

[quote name='sethrhf']This promo doesn't start till 9-28. So do not enter your codes till the promo shows up on the disney rewards site.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for putting a date on it. My hobby is fixing and collecting arcade games from that era, so its a must see for me.

This is a real promo. I had gotten the same email and mentioned it in the Disney Movie Rewards thread. I used my codes from Dinosaur (br) and James and the Giant Peach (br) to get 2 movie tickets. I wanna see Wreck-it Ralph but my girl wants to see Frankenweenie so I may try to scoop up Nightmare cheap this month (gotta be a sale for halloween) and another title (think I redeemed a bolt code before though)

Edit. I think the dvd versions give you an $8 ticket, Blus give you a $12 ticket

yes. You get a ticket for every different code you enter off the list. here is the disney link. it will prompt you to print a ticket after you enter a code. I entered and got 4 tickets.

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/1235t6g

bvh5380fwtixofferdetailsh1rjw1348766574783.jpg

I hate that you aren't eligible if you've already redeemed an eligible code. Not making these offers retroactive just makes customers angry.

[quote name='Vegan']I hate that you aren't eligible if you've already redeemed an eligible code. Not making these offers retroactive just makes customers angry.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

It makes you sound entitled. Its ridiculous to think you'd get angry over something like this.

I redeemed an eligible code several weeks ago, and now people are getting free movie tickets for redeeming them later. You don't see what's to be upset about?

It's just like the "For new customers only" offers that cable and internet providers do. New customers pay less than loyal customers? New customers are more valuable? I've canceled and then reinstated service to get lower rates; how does that make any sense as a way of doing business?

I'm not in a rage about this, but I think it's a crappy thing to do to loyal customers. They could EASILY offer this to people who have already redeemed codes. It's already in the system.

[quote name='sethrhf']Bill you should have waited till tomorrow when all blu-ray codes are worth 150 points.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I did not read about the point increase until after. Plus, I was really only after the tickets. The points don't mean that much to me, as the only reward that has interested me was the sideshow tron bust. I got that for a topper for my tron pin.

[quote name='Vegan']I redeemed an eligible code several weeks ago, and now people are getting free movie tickets for redeeming them later. You don't see what's to be upset about?

It's just like the "For new customers only" offers that cable and internet providers do. New customers pay less than loyal customers? New customers are more valuable? I've canceled and then reinstated service to get lower rates; how does that make any sense as a way of doing business?

I'm not in a rage about this, but I think it's a crappy thing to do to loyal customers. They could EASILY offer this to people who have already redeemed codes. It's already in the system.[/QUOTE]

But why would they? What's the incentive for them to help you out? They already have your money, and will likely still get more money from you in the future. You deserve nothing for being a loyal customer. The phrase "loyal customer" literally has no value anymore.

[quote name='Vegan']I redeemed an eligible code several weeks ago, and now people are getting free movie tickets for redeeming them later. You don't see what's to be upset about?

I'm not in a rage about this, but I think it's a crappy thing to do to loyal customers. They could EASILY offer this to people who have already redeemed codes. It's already in the system.[/QUOTE]

And give away 10000s of tickets? Not likely.

Well, look at it this way. If I had gotten the free ticket, I'd go see Wreck It Ralph and take my wife with me; we'd have to buy that ticket. Now, I'll just wait for Netflix. See? They lost money.

So you are going to wait till Wrack It Ralph hits netflix? You are going to be waiting a long long time for that. And netflix will have to pay disney money. So they haven't lost any.

And why did you enter your codes anyway? What was your rush? I never enter them unless I'm getting double points, free blu-rays or free tickets.

So now you have learned not to enter them unless you are getting something. They have been doing promos like these since 2006. Should I make them go all the way back to codes I entered then?

[quote name='devilmaycry218']Entered some of my Blu-ray codes and got 1 ticket for Wreck/Frankenweenie, and 3 for Nemo in 3D that I used yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Were they Blurays listed in the ad?

Hmm... so it's a good thing I kept all my codes unentered. I used the Nightmare one and got a ticket for Wreck it ...when I tried setting up for Alice it kept on saying the Enjoy your gift (the movie ticket for Wreck it...hmmm..logging out didn't help either.

[quote name='v0yce']I assume the 3D version of Nightmare will work also?

I've been wanting to pick that up for a while.[/QUOTE]

I would not bet on that. If Its not pictured, it probably will not work. I think I tried a best buy exclusive alice and did not qualify for a previous promotion.

Is it one code use only for Wreck it Ralph/FW? The web site won't let me enter another code and keeps on saying Enjoy your gift and wants to reprint the same ticket I got from redeeming TNBC. I want to use Alice but it won't let me enter it. hmmm...

[quote name='bill esquivel']I would not bet on that. If Its not pictured, it probably will not work. I think I tried a best buy exclusive alice and did not qualify for a previous promotion.[/QUOTE]

Not true, I just entered my code for it yesterday andprinted out the movie voucher. Though I am not sure for the 3d version of Alice.

[quote name='jazzman']Not true, I just entered my code for it yesterday andprinted out the movie voucher. Though I am not sure for the 3d version of Alice.[/QUOTE]

I remember the best buy exclusive one not working. It had just came out and it did not qualify. Maybe things have changed after that.

So has anyone tried to enter more than one code? The web site still gives me problems saying that the first ticket is ready to print and won't let me enter a new code for WIR. :(

[quote name='ITDEFX']So has anyone tried to enter more than one code? The web site still gives me problems saying that the first ticket is ready to print and won't let me enter a new code for WIR. :([/QUOTE]

Enter 1, then print it. then enter the next one. For this promotion, I have 4 tickets. The nemo promotion I also had 4. Unless it says 1 time use, you can get more than 1.

I am pretty sure they stack as if you click on my dmr and unlocked offers the tickets are there. I have never tried to enter 2 before printing, but why risk it. I always print immediately and save a copy of the pdf just in case. You will also be mailed a link to print the ticket.

If your having printing problems, you need to look into that first.

Really old movies might not have the magic code inside. if you bought it recently, you might be able to submit for one. you will need a copy of the receipt.

No matter what I do, log out, log back in , close browser, reboot, use another browser it still does this. I already printed it.

[IMG-L=6968]28613[/IMG-L]

[quote name='ITDEFX']No matter what I do, log out, log back in , close browser, reboot, use another browser it still does this. I already printed it.

[IMG-L=6968]28613[/IMG-L][/QUOTE]

I hope its this simple for you. You have to click on the red box and it will take you to the next screen. I think you then need to select a theater in your area(Which as far as I know does not matter as I have used them at amc, regal and century), and then you get to the print pdf screen.

Maybe if you still have a problem you need to install adobe acrobat.

If you still have a problem, maybe email/call the Hollywood movie money people.

[quote name='bill esquivel']I hope its this simple for you. You have to click on the red box and it will take you to the next screen. I think you then need to select a theater in your area(Which as far as I know does not matter as I have used them at amc, regal and century), and then you get to the print pdf screen.

Maybe if you still have a problem you need to install adobe acrobat.

If you still have a problem, maybe email/call the Hollywood movie money people.[/QUOTE]

Dude, now you sound like robot tech support lol.

When you get to the screen I posted the theater has ALREADY been selected. Hitting the red button opens up Adobe Reader and it's ready to print......... I have already been thru this process. It's like it's stuck in a loop generating the same ticket number. Printing it does not fix it. I'm going call tech support and LOL when they say the same thing. It's most likely a bug in their web site... If I have to I can always make a new account and put it there.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Dude, now you sound like robot tech support lol.

When you get to the screen I posted the theater has ALREADY been selected. Hitting the red button opens up Adobe Reader and it's ready to print......... I have already been thru this process. It's like it's stuck in a loop generating the same ticket number. Printing it does not fix it. I'm going call tech support and LOL when they say the same thing. It's most likely a bug in their web site... If I have to I can always make a new account and put it there.[/QUOTE]

The bot in me says log into disney and click on my dmr and then click on unlocked offers. the tickets you have earned are there. Maybe the link only takes you to the last ticket printed. If you select a different ticket under the unlocked offers maybe it will work for you.

[quote name='v0yce']I assume the 3D version of Nightmare will work also?

I've been wanting to pick that up for a while.[/QUOTE]

The 3d version of NBC will, most decidedly, get you a movie ticket, but it's the only 3d Blu that will work... all of the eligible titles are listed at the bottom in fine print on the DMR website

I'm somewhat disappointed because both my Bolt 3d and Alice 3d codes don't qualify... and I was even willing to buy Gnomeo & Juliet 3d for the promo... but nevermind that, I guess. Stupid idea on their part...

Nightmare Before Xmas 3D worked, just redeemed my coupon for wreck it Ralph. If you havent seen frankenweenie you should. Really enjoyable. I'm excited for wreck it ralph.

[quote name='ITDEFX']So has anyone tried to enter more than one code? The web site still gives me problems saying that the first ticket is ready to print and won't let me enter a new code for WIR. :([/QUOTE]

I just redeemed two codes for two tickets. I already had an used Dinosaur Blu-ray code and ended up buying a code for Alice In Wonderland DVD from eBay

Thanks op! I had an unused code for Dinosaurs, which I got from a promo from DMR from entering two codes earlier this year, and had an unused code for gnomeo and juliet. Get to see Wreck it ralph this weekend

[quote name='Rirse']Why is Tarzan on this list anyway. Isn't that DVD five or six years old?[/QUOTE]

Except, I believe, the James and the Giant Peach Blu-ray, all of the eligible titles are many years old. More than likely a top crew member on Tarzan also worked on either Frankenweenie or Wreck it Ralph.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Thanks op! I had an unused code for Dinosaurs, which I got from a promo from DMR from entering two codes earlier this year, and had an unused code for gnomeo and juliet. Get to see Wreck it ralph this weekend[/QUOTE]

I sent an e-mail to DMR regarding the Blu-ray only release of Dinosaur and I was told that it was ineligible for the movie ticket... the combo pack is supposed to be the only code that works for a movie ticket.

Did you already enter the code and get a movie ticket for it?

EDIT: Sure enough, I entered the code and it gave me a movie ticket offer! I did NOT expect that! Thanks, now I don't have to buy a Disney movie on DVD before it comes out on Blu-ray!!!

bread's done
Back