Best Buy Ad 9/23-9/29

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#31 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

They have a midnight release for that and not RE6? okay...

It's a midnight launch for FIFA 13, WoW, and Avengers Blu-ray.

With or without mgr override?

The coupons officially work with the CE versions of Prototype 2 and Mass Effect 3.

#32 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

is batman worth $20 but not GOTV version?

#33 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

Another week left (9/30-10/6). I'll probably pickup Prototype 2 if a sale doesn't show up. The difficulty rating is a 2.31 & only takes 20hrs & 2 playthroughs to 100% the game.
6962.png
Currently playing
:3ds: Bravely default

#34 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

Dang...was hoping Mass Effect 3 was on sale for 29.99 so I can use my @Gamers coupon for $20 dollars off before it expires. :P

Oh well, nothing for me next week. I have to save my pennies for RE6, ACIII and CoD: BlopsII. I already have DOA5 reserved at Gamestop, unfortunately.

#35 odd mr t

odd mr t

Dangahh Zone!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME, BEST BUY!!
Not really. One more week for the prototype/lollipop coupon. I'll live either way.
Posted Image

#36 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

I'd probably get Lollipop... Then again, Reckoning and Witcher 2 sit downstairs unopened from the last mag and rz coupons.

#37 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:22 AM

While I will respect your opinion, I don't believe it is a terrible game. The demo is quite fun.

I'm with you. Loved the RE6 demo. Can't wait until 10/6. Although I ordered through Microsoft.com and my post has nothing to do with Best Buy.

...until now...

Midnight opening for Disney Princess: My Fairy Tale Adventure... ERMAHGERD!

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#38 bullseye

bullseye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:59 AM

They have a midnight release for that and not RE6? okay...

mostly for the avengers movie

#39 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:48 AM

Thirty more days to get a PM on transformers, no midnight planned here, so I'll get Avengers the next morning, already got my case.

#40 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:49 AM

If I buy a 3DS XL today and bring them the receipt on Sunday will they give me the gift card?

#41 unluckynumber11

unluckynumber11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:56 AM

This may sound weird at first, but I do hope it's only the PS3 version of Batman Arkham City, because I want to trade my Xbox version of it next week, and if it goes on sale the trade in value will tank.

#42 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:58 AM

Avengers and Pandas at midnight yay!

#43 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:36 AM

mostly for the avengers movie

Nope. Mostly WoW.

New sig coming soon.

#44 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:12 AM

Nope. Mostly WoW.

Yup, never heard of a place doing a midnight opening for a movie's retail release, not even for Harry Potter or Twilight.

Not that I pay much attention to that sort of thing anyway.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#45 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:42 AM

I know Wal-marts did midnight releases for the Twilight movies and Hunger Games

#46 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:55 AM

Yup, never heard of a place doing a midnight opening for a movie's retail release, not even for Harry Potter or Twilight.

Well I am sure it is because of the other releases that night but it does overlap well with the crowd. Also Avengers was the 3rd biggest movie ever (in $) both here and overseas. Plenty of fans want it I am sure.

#47 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

Yup,very true. The only time I got a HP movie at midnight is because it released the same day as Skyrim and Lego Potter 5-7.

It seems strange not to have a midnight release for RE6 since nba2k13 comes out the same day.

#48 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

I know Wal-marts did midnight releases for the Twilight movies and Hunger Games

Walmart does midnight releases for like everything, since many(most?) Walmarts are 24/7 anyways.

#49 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

Forgive the dumb question that I'm sure has been answered a thousand times in these forums, but with the 100% trade-in, that means if I trade-in a game with a current value of $7.00, I'll get $14.00? Thanks in advance.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#50 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

Forgive the dumb question that I'm sure has been answered a thousand times in these forums, but with the 100% trade-in, that means if I trade-in a game with a current value of $7.00, I'll get $14.00? Thanks in advance.

yes, correct.

double the base TIV that is given on BB website.

#51 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

The starter kit doesn't have a controller...?
Would have considered it if it did.

This is the bundle you're looking for. Sony That's the main reason I passed on that bundle last time.

#52 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

A few people already answered, but yes the Prototype 2 CE works with the coupon, no override needed. Here's a post on their forums of all games/versions that work with the coupons: http://forums.bestbu...ers/td-p/568694

yeah......most seasoned cags don't look at RZ certs. like they're coupons dude.

Yea, I know they aren't free coupons and require purchases/trade-ins, but I hardly make large purchases there. It all adds up from my usual $20 or lower purchases. Plus I trade-in games somewhat often which gives me even more points.

If I saw these crazy deals on Amazon, Gamestop, Newegg, etc. I'd be spending the money anyway, so that's why I look at it like that. Free money for deals I'd bite on anyway if they showed up anywhere else.

#53 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

I think i'll take Batman Arkham City, hoping that is good game Posted Image

is batman worth $20 but not GOTV version?

It's an amazing game, I'd even go so far as to say it's one of the greatest games ever made right alongside the Bioshocks and Metroid Prime Trilogy. That said, $20 for this title is a little pricey in the sense that it's gone for less before. The GOTY edition has gone for $30 a few times now.
Personally, I was let down by the GOTY content. I haven't gotten around to watching the movie yet, but otherwise the extra content wasn't as great as I expected. Switching characters didn't change the challenge rooms around as much as you might think (except for Catwoman who has very few gadgets, making the predator challenges a lot less fun, but then again you get her free in the vanilla copy anyways). Harley Quinn's revenge was fun for what it was, but was ultimately dissapointing considering how awesome the rest of the game was. It was incredibly short and raised more questions than answers (
Spoiler
.)

So yeah, other than a couple kinda cool boss battles in HQR, I wouldn't say you are missing much if you get the vanilla version new.

Walmart does midnight releases for like everything, since many(most?) Walmarts are 24/7 anyways.

lol I don't think they have their staff stocking the shelves at midnight though.

Edited by rcerboss, 20 September 2012 - 03:42 PM.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#54 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

Target has done midnight release events for Twilight.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#55 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

Another week left (9/30-10/6). I'll probably pickup Prototype 2 if a sale doesn't show up. The difficulty rating is a 2.31 & only takes 20hrs & 2 playthroughs to 100% the game.

It took me six days to get the platinum. Extremely easy to do.

#56 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

yes, correct.

double the base TIV that is given on BB website.

Cool, thanks.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#57 xixlilzodiacxix

xixlilzodiacxix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

so theres another 100% trade in credit?

#58 marioman

marioman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

I really want a 3DS XL and I have BBY credit, I wonder if a $10 GC is worth getting it now.

I feel better deals may be round the corner.

If you are willing to wait until black Friday I see a $50ish gift card or the equivalent as fairly likely.

#59 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

so theres another 100% trade in credit?

Just the same promotion that's been going on for the past 3 weeks. I was told October 6th will be the last day but maybe that will get pushed back again.

#60 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

anyone know how long it takes to get the preorder reward zone credit from borderlands 2? I wanna use it on fifa

all I care about is money, all I care about is hundreds, all I care about is fiftys, all I care about is twentys

all I care about my whereabouts, r.i.p. my niggas they in heaven now

that's all I care about now I keep them weapons round, he say he pullin up we gon wet him down

300*