Best Buy Ad 9/23-9/29

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#61 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

If we get reeeeeeeeeeally lucky maybe Lollipop Chainsaw and Prototype 2 will go on sale at Wal-Mart and we can use the BB coupons (since they accept competitor coupons)!

Oh god, who am I kidding.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#62 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:13 AM

If we get reeeeeeeeeeally lucky maybe Lollipop Chainsaw and Prototype 2 will go on sale at Wal-Mart and we can use the BB coupons (since they accept competitor coupons)!

Oh god, who am I kidding.

wait this was a joke right? does wal mart really accept gamer coupons? haha

#63 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

anyone know how long it takes to get the preorder reward zone credit from borderlands 2? I wanna use it on fifa

You should get it within 30 days after picking up the game; it's possible that you might receive the credit early (like I've seen in some reports), but you also might not get it until next month. :\

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#64 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

wait this was a joke right? does wal mart really accept gamer coupons? haha

As far as I know you can. They have signs by their registers here saying "We accept all competitor coupons!"

The only downside is that Wal-Mart rarely seems to have good deals/sales on games (at least to me).

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#65 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:01 AM

As far as I know you can. They have signs by their registers here saying "We accept all competitor coupons!"

The only downside is that Wal-Mart rarely seems to have good deals/sales on games (at least to me).

If you can find the Prototype 2 with the free Prototype 1 that wouldnt be bad unless u want the P2 Blackwatch CE from Best Buy i guess.

#66 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

anyone know how long it takes to get the preorder reward zone credit from borderlands 2? I wanna use it on fifa

30 days after purchase.

#67 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

If you can find the Prototype 2 with the free Prototype 1 that wouldnt be bad unless u want the P2 Blackwatch CE from Best Buy i guess.

I guess $19.99 for Prototype 2 (disc) and Prototype (DLC code) is a decent deal. I'd love to see it drop down to $9.99 though lol.

#68 cthorpe

cthorpe

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

I went ahead and picked up Prototype 2 for $21ish (with tax) and paid with store credit. Completed it 100% within a week and traded it back to BB for $18.90 ($9.00 + 100% + 10% of base).

Game was definitely worth it for less than $3, and if it drops I can still price match on it.

C

#69 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

I went ahead and picked up Prototype 2 for $21ish (with tax) and paid with store credit. Completed it 100% within a week and traded it back to BB for $18.90 ($9.00 + 100% + 10% of base).

Game was definitely worth it for less than $3, and if it drops I can still price match on it.

C

You can't PM coupon purchases, u can only return/rebuy and use another coupon.

#70 Nick45

Nick45

Waiting for Persona 5!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

...at Wal-Mart and we can use the BB coupons (since they accept competitor coupons)!...

Unfortunately, the fine print says no. http://corporate.wal...m/coupon-policy
Scroll down to "We do not accept the following coupons" and you will see "Dollars/cents off at a specific retailer".
They use fancy wording so that it sounds good, but it's actually quite limited.

#71 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

Scroll down to "We do not accept the following coupons" and you will see "Dollars/cents off at a specific retailer".

Damn! Thanks for realizing that. Oh well, like I said Wal-Mart rarely has good deals/sales on games that often anyways :P

#72 notung

notung

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

Which version of Prototype 2 contains the DLC for the original game?

#73 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

I'm pretty sure thar appliea to coupons that are "Save $10 at Best Buy (or others)". Not necessarily ones that are for specific items.

#74 Nick45

Nick45

Waiting for Persona 5!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:46 AM

I'm pretty sure thar appliea to coupons that are "Save $10 at Best Buy (or others)". Not necessarily ones that are for specific items.

This is what is says under "Coupons we accept"

Competitors' coupons
A specific item for a specified price, for example, $2.99
Buy one, get one free (BOGO) coupons for items with a specified price
Have a valid expiration date
Are acceptable in black and white

So I don't believe it would work.

#75 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:16 AM

FYI: Saints Row 3 silently dropped to $40 from $50 at bestbuy. 16th it was $50 and as of the 21st $40.

wasn't sure where to post this, so all apologies if my "noob" is showing :(

Edited by Dr0p119, 23 September 2012 - 02:18 AM.
Typo

#76 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:55 AM

sleeping dogs for $39.99, i guess it is an advertise sale. also $15 gift card with purchase of XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

#77 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

I want that sniper v2 game to go on sale so I can use the coupon

#78 Grammaton-Cleric

Grammaton-Cleric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

It's worth noting that the print ad is offering a free strategy guide with a purchase of DOA5 on either console.

It's a 20 dollar value and frankly the ONLY deal I've seen for this game.

#79 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

dang, nothing for me

#80 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

30 days after purchase.

Is it supposed to show up in points and purchases because I don't see it there.

I got racks up in my pocket racks up in my pocket

I got thots all in my phone callin me bitch stop it

1400 for this belt this aint no damn versace

and I smokin on this dope while I been gettin money

50s 100s 20s oh my goodness

I need my money machine to count this shit for me

#81 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

For people who know sales more than myself, is it likely that DoA5 goes on sale at BB within 30 days? The lack of advertising for the game and time its being released kind of makes me feel like it will, but I also rarely see fighting games get discounted around release.

I'm mostly wondering if it's worth the extra gas and time driving about 40 minutes to BB and paying cash rather than going to the Gamestop about 20 minutes away and burning through my store credit.

#82 Grammaton-Cleric

Grammaton-Cleric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

For people who know sales more than myself, is it likely that DoA5 goes on sale at BB within 30 days? The lack of advertising for the game and time its being released kind of makes me feel like it will, but I also rarely see fighting games get discounted around release.

I'm mostly wondering if it's worth the extra gas and time driving about 40 minutes to BB and paying cash rather than going to the Gamestop about 20 minutes away and burning through my store credit.

Well, you get the strat guide free if you go to BB so it really depends on what you want.

#83 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

True, I was thinking of stopping at the TRU on the way to BB as well to get KH:DDD and something else since I just got my 3DS.

The guide would be pretty cool though, I reckon. I probably need to make a commitment pretty soon.

#84 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

Has anyone been able to PM AZ for their madden 13 copy. The guy said they only pm AZ in Canada. (I know my local store pms AZ).

#85 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

Not sure about a sale, looking at past DOA releases, they have not gone on sale immediately, and I am including dimensions for 3ds. I can say though that if your a fan of the series, like myself, its definitely worth the purchase. I got the collectors edition for ps3 at midnight from my local gamestop (sadly because they were the only ones doing a collectors edition :(), which was midnighting WOW PANDAS....
At this point, going to best buy and getting the free guide sounds like the way to go, since you can try to sell the guide to a friend or on amazon/ebay and that can be your discount......
Anyway, point is, its worth paying full $$$ if your a fan of the series and have played multiple entries before....
Posted Image

#86 SyxxHallNash

SyxxHallNash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

Heard from an employee today that Lollipop Chainsaw will be on sale for $29.99 next week. Hope it's true.

#87 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

Heard from an employee today that Lollipop Chainsaw will be on sale for $29.99 next week. Hope it's true.

Damnit, now you got my hopes up...and I had just resigned into thinking I wouldn't be using the rest of my coupons.

#88 bar2112

bar2112

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

sleeping dogs for $39.99, i guess it is an advertise sale. also $15 gift card with purchase of XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

I bought sleeping dogs last week for 49.99. I guess have to go to the store and get my $10 adjustment. Thanks

#89 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

These rumors seem to pan out 90% of the time so get ready for a big angry thread

#90 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:29 AM

So if it does go on sale, and I already got it with the coupon, they will to a price adjustment for me?