Fire Pro Wrestling (XBLA) - 9/21 release

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

nothing's keeping you guys from playing the old Fire Pro... you guys are crying for no reason. You don't like it, you don't buy. End of story.

#32 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

I actually like the game. It's nothing like any Fire Pro game (and FPD on Dreamcast is my favorite wrestling game ever) but I found it to be an enjoyable arcade experience. If it wasn't bearing the Fire Pro name, the game probably wouldn't receive as much criticism.

#33 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

nothing's keeping you guys from playing the old Fire Pro... you guys are crying for no reason.

:roll:

Guys, stop saying anything bad about this game right now! In a thread about the game on a forum about games no less! How dare you criticize this masterful experience, clearly crafted with love and care, exceeding all expectations set by the previous installments, gingerly placed from the fingers of Christ himself onto the glorious 360. Let us pray.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#34 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

Guys, stop saying anything bad about this game right now! In a thread about the game on a forum about games no less! How dare you criticize this masterful experience, clearly crafted with love and care, exceeding all expectations set by the previous installments, gingerly placed from the fingers of Christ himself onto the glorious 360. Let us pray.

geez. another cry baby. if you don't like it, don't buy it.

#35 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

If you don't like something don't say anything about it. I agree.

#36 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

actually, that's not what I'm advocating. it's that people go to such superlatives that their argument is distorted. there's a wide range between worst in the world and best in the world. It's time for people to broaden their vocabulary (not talking about you, talking about people generally).

like I like Kane's post. he went into detail why he didn't like it.

#37 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

So, by that logic, you shouldn't be saying anything about what I say because you don't like what I am saying.

Er... Maybe you should have thought that through more bud.

#38 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:48 PM

dirtyvu gettin' all philomosophical about video game opinions.

#39 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

dirtyvu gettin' all philomosophical about video game opinions.

well, some of us are grownups. I guess it can't be helped that you're not...

#40 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

I actually like the game. It's nothing like any Fire Pro game (and FPD on Dreamcast is my favorite wrestling game ever) but I found it to be an enjoyable arcade experience. If it wasn't bearing the Fire Pro name, the game probably wouldn't receive as much criticism.

Agreed 100%. Maybe that's why I'm enjoying the game. I don't have the bias of going in having played other games in the fire pro series. So with that said, in a sense, I have nothing to compare this too as far as the name is concerned.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#41 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

nothing's keeping you guys from playing the old Fire Pro... you guys are crying for no reason. You don't like it, you don't buy. End of story.

I guess we aren't allowed to voice our opinions because you don't like it.

Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#42 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

If it wasn't bearing the Fire Pro name, the game probably wouldn't receive as much criticism.

Ding ding ding.

Without the Fire Pro title, it would just be seen as a harmless Fire Pro Lite. With the Fire Pro title, it suddenly becomes shit on a stick. I like it enough to consider dropping the 800 MSP, but I still would more support campaigning to get a new true FP for the current gen. The PS2 iteration is great, and adding of online capabilities a current gen creation would have would be spectacular.

#43 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:18 AM

Ding ding ding.

Without the Fire Pro title, it would just be seen as a harmless Fire Pro Lite. With the Fire Pro title, it suddenly becomes shit on a stick. I like it enough to consider dropping the 800 MSP, but I still would more support campaigning to get a new true FP for the current gen. The PS2 iteration is great, and adding of online capabilities a current gen creation would have would be spectacular.

I disagree. Without the Fire Pro name then it wouldn't be linked to Fire Pro at all since it doesn't share much mechanically with that series whatsoever. I played the game knowing it wouldn't be like the 2D titles and was fine with the idea of an avatar arcade wrestling game, but from the trial there's issues all over the place with the animations, collision detection, slowdown, and more. It seems like there might be a fun decent wrestling game in there, but it has problems that would be criticized regardless of the name.

#44 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:25 AM

well, some of us are grownups. I guess it can't be helped that you're not...

That's funny, because I'm certain that most of us here have taken part in or observed a "If you don't like it, don't play it" philosophical debate on video game forums and communities when we were in our early to mid teens. :lol:

Mighty black and white.

#45 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

I thought there was a regular Fire Pro Wrestling game coming to XBLA instead of this avatar crap... :-#

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#46 RallyV

RallyV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

Anyone still on the fence about Fire Pro Wrestling might want to check out my review here.

I'm going to run a contest next week and give out a free copy if you don't fee like buying it.