Kingdom Hearts HD Collection Announced

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#1 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

Square Enix is bringing the first Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days to the PS3 in HD as part of a new KH compilation called Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX.

The version of Kingdom Hearts is the Japanese language "Final Mix" version, and the game, along with Chain of Memories, will have trophy support. This latest ReMIX will be out next year in Japan.

No BBS or 2??? :cry: But still pretty cool.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#2 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:11 AM

I'm happy to hear that it's KH Final Mix... but otherwise, what a load of crap: CoM sucked (I'm guessing it'll be the Re: CoM, which still sucked) and 358/2 was the most tedious 18 hours before becoming worthwhile. I'll probably get it just for KH though.

I'd much rather get KH 1 & 2 and BbS. Actually, I'd rather get KH3 so they can conclude this clusterfuck of a story.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:40 AM

Need moar Kingdom Hearts!

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:52 AM

Wait... no KH2?

...WTF??

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#5 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:53 AM

People were commenting that the reason it's called 1.5 is that there will be another one called 2.5 that will have 2, Recoded, and BBS.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#6 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:00 AM

If that's the case then I will most definitely pass on this and pick up 2.5 when it is released (will probably be some time next year).

I can see SE doing this in preparation for a 2013-2014 KH3 release. The trend nowadays is an HD collection to peak the general population's interest before releasing the current gen sequel.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#7 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:31 AM

People were commenting that the reason it's called 1.5 is that there will be another one called 2.5 that will have 2, Recoded, and BBS.

I think we all assumed as much. But what I'm upset about is that the two games accompanying KH1 suck and aren't worth the HD treatment. But with 2.5, I'd buy it day one just for KHII and BbS.

If that's the case then I will most definitely pass on this and pick up 2.5 when it is released (will probably be some time next year).

I can see SE doing this in preparation for a 2013-2014 KH3 release. The trend nowadays is an HD collection to peak the general population's interest before releasing the current gen sequel.

I still wonder if they started on KH3... and if they did, when did they start (after KH2 or BbS)? It seems really hate to release a KH. But whatever the case, if it is coming, I pray it's not a Wii U exclusive (completely out of the blue, like Bayonetta 2 was).

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#8 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:27 AM

I think we all assumed as much. But what I'm upset about is that the two games accompanying KH1 suck and aren't worth the HD treatment. But with 2.5, I'd buy it day one just for KHII and BbS.

There's been an update and KH 358/2 will NOT be part of this collection. There are cut scenes from 358/2 that will be re-made in HD and be included, but not the actual game itself.

I still wonder if they started on KH3... and if they did, when did they start (after KH2 or BbS)? It seems really hate to release a KH. But whatever the case, if it is coming, I pray it's not a Wii U exclusive (completely out of the blue, like Bayonetta 2 was).

Now to answer this question. No one knows if they've started to work on KH3. My guess is they haven't though. It's known that the team who works on the main KH titles is working on FF Versus XIII. And who the Fuck knows when and if that game will ever see the light of day. Supposedly they're going to announce something about Versus next year. But I wouldn't hold your breath. We probably wont be seeing KH3 till the next console generation.

#9 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:15 AM

There's been an update and KH 358/2 will NOT be part of this collection. There are cut scenes from 358/2 that will be re-made in HD and be included, but not the actual game itself.

Now to answer this question. No one knows if they've started to work on KH3. My guess is they haven't though. It's known that the team who works on the main KH titles is working on FF Versus XIII. And who the Fuck knows when and if that game will ever see the light of day. Supposedly they're going to announce something about Versus next year. But I wouldn't hold your breath. We probably wont be seeing KH3 till the next console generation.

Not sure how I feel about that... is it just going to be the FMVs or the in-game cutscenes as well? The gameplay in 358/2 would benefit greatly from dual analog sticks, but still not sure that would have made the game worth playing. I'll say that even though I didn't like 358/2 very much, the final 2-3 hours of that game were really powerful.

I think Versus XIII is likely going to become the next Duke Nukem Forever.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#10 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

It's never coming out here, since it's the Final Mix Version of 1. But still, that's a HORRIBLE collection to represent Kingdom Hearts.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#11 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

Just FMV of the 358/2 game? I'll add my complaint to the thread now, HD remake collections are for GAMES, not youtube

#12 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

Does Disney not care about Kingdom Hearts, or is Square the only company on earth that can grab Disney by the labia and tell them to sit and wait?

I can't believe Square is so adamantly against KH3. And who knows if this collection will ever even release stateside (seeing as how final mix is include, it's pretty doubtful). I swear, I am so confused as to why Disney lets Square drag their license across pavement by sitting on it and doing nothing except the occasional handheld spinoff.

Kingdom Hearts 3 and a console full fledged Pokemon rpg are the two biggest "I know, millions of dollars, whatever, fan demand, yeah I know...we're working on other things...and making that would be REALLY hard and/or time consuming...can't you just play this handheld?" I've ever seen.

#13 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

Does Disney not care about Kingdom Hearts, or is Square the only company on earth that can grab Disney by the labia and tell them to sit and wait?

I can't believe Square is so adamantly against KH3. And who knows if this collection will ever even release stateside (seeing as how final mix is include, it's pretty doubtful). I swear, I am so confused as to why Disney lets Square drag their license across pavement by sitting on it and doing nothing except the occasional handheld spinoff.

Kingdom Hearts 3 and a console full fledged Pokemon rpg are the two biggest "I know, millions of dollars, whatever, fan demand, yeah I know...we're working on other things...and making that would be REALLY hard and/or time consuming...can't you just play this handheld?" I've ever seen.

Don't forget that Square hasn't said shit about the FF10 HD Re-release in forever

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#14 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

Don't forget that Square hasn't said shit about the FF10 HD Re-release in forever

There's only one possible thing that can respond to this.

Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#15 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

I'm happy to hear that it's KH Final Mix... but otherwise, what a load of crap: CoM sucked (I'm guessing it'll be the Re: CoM, which still sucked) and 358/2 was the most tedious 18 hours before becoming worthwhile. I'll probably get it just for KH though.

I'd much rather get KH 1 & 2 and BbS. Actually, I'd rather get KH3 so they can conclude this clusterfuck of a story.

agreed they have pretty much shit all over this story to the point i have no idea wtf is going on.its been spread out over too many diff consoles/handhelds and for me the story started dropping with kh2.

would have been excited for this hd release maybe 6 or so years ago.

#16 Axersia

Axersia

Hunter of the Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:23 AM

It's never coming out here, since it's the Final Mix Version of 1. But still, that's a HORRIBLE collection to represent Kingdom Hearts.

I don't see why including the Final Mix version would make it less likely for them to localize the game. Keep in mind, the differences between the English and FM release are minimal. The dialogue is in English, and the additional scenes have already been voiced using splicing. Meanwhile, the original Japanese release lacked a lot content from the English release, like multiple difficulties, optional boss fights (yes, no Sephiroth), or even the Night on Bald Mountain track during the fight with Chernabog.

If they wanna release FM in English, all they need to do is translate a few lines of subtitle text really -- everything else has already been done. So don't worry, you'll get the game.

As for them not releasing KH3... Well, they need to finish Versus XIII first, and Disney is apparently OK with that. If they weren't they could've taken the franchise away from Square and have one of their own studios turn it into a middling platformer -- would you have preferred that?

#17 OlDirtyBastard

OlDirtyBastard

Hamburger Train Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

So it looks like 2 is going to get the remake at some point as well. Still no word on an American release.
http://www.ign.com/a...5e45b7d200000e3
Marvel Pinball Avengers DLC- Phantom and resell available- $1.67/ $3.33Posted Image

#18 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:18 AM

Because playing on a console is much more convenient than playing on a PC.

*cough*

Spoiler

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#19 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

This will be playable later this month at Jump Festa in Japan. Expect more information about the game then.

#20 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

while im excited about these remakes, they just need to get kh3 to us already. damn versus taking all their dev time!

Currently Playing
:ps3: Tales of Symphonia

DahkX.png

#21 Cromzz

Cromzz

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

What's that KH game on 3DS? Dream Drop or some crap like that? Anyways, in the end you dive through the letters at the credits or something, and a secret message is revealed, which said "The past will be visited in a completely new number, as well the future" something like that. It was speaking towards KH 1.5 which is already confirmed, and KH3. So just wait for a confirmation on the latter you guys ;)

#22 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

I've been excited about this HD collection since it was announced. I'm more pumped for 2.5 though.

#23 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

while im excited about these remakes, they just need to get kh3 to us already. damn versus taking all their dev time!

I doubt we'll ever see Versus this generation... they're probably working on moving the game to the next generation of consoles which are probably coming late next year or early 2014. And I can't help but feel that Versus is going to be a clusterfuck of shit given all the delays. Based on what happened from FFXIII to FFXIII-2, I don't trust SE's management to make any competition decisions either.

So we probably won't see KH3 until the end of the next console cycle. The story is so convoluted and tattered, I'm guessing they probably can't figure it out themselves.

I've been excited about this HD collection since it was announced. I'm more pumped for 2.5 though.

Was 1.5 actually announced for NA release? I don't recall hearing anything about it.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#24 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

I doubt we'll ever see Versus this generation... they're probably working on moving the game to the next generation of consoles which are probably coming late next year or early 2014. And I can't help but feel that Versus is going to be a clusterfuck of shit given all the delays. Based on what happened from FFXIII to FFXIII-2, I don't trust SE's management to make any competition decisions either.

So we probably won't see KH3 until the end of the next console cycle. The story is so convoluted and tattered, I'm guessing they probably can't figure it out themselves.

Was 1.5 actually announced for NA release? I don't recall hearing anything about it.

Not confirmed at all, only announced that it was coming out and everything after that is pure speculation because I haven't read otherwise either.

#25 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

What's that KH game on 3DS? Dream Drop or some crap like that? Anyways, in the end you dive through the letters at the credits or something, and a secret message is revealed, which said "The past will be visited in a completely new number, as well the future" something like that. It was speaking towards KH 1.5 which is already confirmed, and KH3. So just wait for a confirmation on the latter you guys ;)

I can pop in my 7 year old PS2 disc, Kingdom Hearts 2, watch the secret ending movie, and see KH3 right there :cry: but the team been wasting time on Versus all this time.

#26 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

This will be released in Japan on March 14th. I don't know if this has been shared yet, but both games in the collection will also have trophy support.

#27 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

I can pop in my 7 year old PS2 disc, Kingdom Hearts 2, watch the secret ending movie, and see KH3 right there :cry: but the team been wasting time on Versus all this time.

There have been about 4 games that the team has been workin on and said they'd do KH3 when they were done with that game. Then another Final Fantasy needed to be made.

#28 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

Pretty lame collection setup in my book. I'd rather have the two main games by themselves and the extra side story crap that I don't want to play in their own compilations.

I support Rozz 100%.

Rozz is always right.

Rozz you're bad ass

#29 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

I'll import it if it doesn't get a US release.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#30 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix has over 2 hours of 358/2 Days movies in chapters.