Kingdom Hearts HD Collection Announced

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#31 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix has over 2 hours of 358/2 Days movies in chapters.

But do they give trophies for watching them?!

#32 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix has over 2 hours of 358/2 Days movies in chapters.

That's probably for the best because 80% of that game's gameplay was a bore...

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#33 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:21 AM

r u dumba** the game is fun review say it fun and iasay it fun if u dont like kingdom hert of square take ur s*** out ofhere becus this is 4 the fans not the skepitakls.

Well that was quick.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#34 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

Give me kh3

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#35 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

New Trailer

#36 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

0% chance of a USA release

#37 dustdust

dustdust

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

Cmon square..hurry up and release all Kingdom Hearts in HD as well as FFX. while youre at it, make the ffvii remake!

Untitled.jpg

dustdust_ps.png

#38 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

More details about new tweaks to the game.

Including the previously mentioned trophy support, there are also custom themes that can be unlocked.

God, I keep wanting this game more and more everyday. Square has been making some fucked up business decisions lately IMO.

#39 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

I have never played the PS2 KH games, so I would like to have this as I am sure many other fans do as well. I would buy the PS2 versions but that seems kind of pointless when this will come out hopefully in the USA.

#40 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

I have never played the PS2 KH games, so I would like to have this as I am sure many other fans do as well. I would buy the PS2 versions but that seems kind of pointless when this will come out hopefully in the USA.

Say whaaaaat?!?! So you haven't played KH or KH2? Not only are they the very best games in the series, it's also where most of the story takes place.

I'd suggest getting and playing both of the PS2 games anyways. If these HD collections do end up coming to the states, it still probably wont be for a while. After beating both games, I can almost guarantee you will be looking forward to this even more.

#41 KuHLiiDE

KuHLiiDE

Button Masher

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

But do they give trophies for watching them?!

If you watch the whole movie you unlock a ps3 theme

The first KH game i got was KH2 and i've locked over 250+ hours on it and loved every second. So afterwards I bought KH and KH: COM and I wasn't so pleased so I never really got to beath either one of them. Especially with kingdom hearts re chain of memories and that card battle system *shivers* But since this HD remix is coming out I'm deciding to give them another go, infact already got mine pre-ordered even if import price is a pain in my belly :hot:

P.S KH1.5 will include options for eng/jp subs and dubs :bouncy:

Current Gameshares  My Youtube  My Twitch   My Trade List <---- I HAVE KHII Formation Arts Vol. 2!!! Final Fantasy Elixirs/Potions!!! 

Psh, who needs platinum trophies nowadays.  I Lied.

cloud1425.png  igBBNDF9nCq8G.gif

Got Kidrobot StreetFighter figures you need off your hands? Feel free to HMU with an offer. 

#42 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

If you watch the whole movie you unlock a ps3 theme

The first KH game i got was KH2 and i've locked over 250+ hours on it and loved every second. So afterwards I bought KH and KH: COM and I wasn't so pleased so I never really got to beath either one of them. Especially with kingdom hearts re chain of memories and that card battle system *shivers* But since this HD remix is coming out I'm deciding to give them another go, infact already got mine pre-ordered even if import price is a pain in my belly :hot:

P.S KH1.5 will include options for eng/jp subs and dubs :bouncy:

Source on the dubs being confirmed?
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#43 KuHLiiDE

KuHLiiDE

Button Masher

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

Source on the dubs being confirmed?

yeah nvm about that, new articles from famitsu is stating that they actually changed the english dubs to japanese :/

Here are some changes:
Spoiler

Current Gameshares  My Youtube  My Twitch   My Trade List <---- I HAVE KHII Formation Arts Vol. 2!!! Final Fantasy Elixirs/Potions!!! 

Got Kidrobot StreetFighter figures you need off your hands? Feel free to HMU with an offer. 

#44 Axersia

Axersia

Hunter of the Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

Say whaaaaat?!?! So you haven't played KH or KH2? Not only are they the very best games in the series, it's also where most of the story takes place.

I'd suggest getting and playing both of the PS2 games anyways. If these HD collections do end up coming to the states, it still probably wont be for a while. After beating both games, I can almost guarantee you will be looking forward to this even more.

Ehhh... I kinda disagree. KH1 isn't very important anymore in the grand scheme of things, and it's also quite rough around the edges (literally and figuratively). It's the ugliest game in the series after the ones on DS, the platforming (which the first game had an abundance of) feels extremely stiff, you're required to use L2/R2 to control the camera which frequently gets caught behind geometry, etc.

If previous games are any indication and they have any intention of releasing this in English, it'll be out around the fall next year. If you've waited an entire decade, you can afford to wait an extra 9 months for the better experience.

yeah nvm about that, new articles from famitsu is stating that they actually changed the english dubs to japanese :/

Here are some changes:

Spoiler

Yeah, some dude on Twitter mistranslated the Famitsu scans as saying they added dual-voice support when it actually said they replaced the original English voices with Japanese. A damn shame too since having English voices in the Final Mix release has been a tradition for the KH series and it's not like the storage capacity is what's stopping them...

Also, those additions are on top of the additions already made to the original Final Mix:
- Beginner Mode (was actually handled really poorly and just loaded your inventory with stat ups -- maybe they changed that)
- Proud Mode (replaces Expert but is actually harder)
- One-Winged Angel keyblade for beating Sephiroth
- Enhanced Gummi Ship levels with highscores and whatnot (still nowhere near as good as KH2, though)
- A revised skill learning order (no matter which weapon you pick at the beginning, you will always have Guard by the time you reach lvl 15, whereas previously you might not get it until lvl 45 or so)
- Some additional skills like Slide Dash (the reason you should pick Sword at the beginning of the game, otherwise you might not get it until level 45)
- Relocation of a Trinity mark in Halloween Town so you can't screw yourself out of 100%ing the game anymore
- Palette-swapped Heartless
- The addition of the Neoshadow Heartless
- New optional story-related boss fight

Of course, that's assuming some of those revisions haven't been re-revised (it'd be nice if they gave Slide Dash the same treatment as Guard, for example). Buuut... that's about it, I think. Might not seem like a whole lot compared to KH2FM, but that's because the original English release already had a ton of content added that the Japanese didn't get.

Edited by Axersia, 30 December 2012 - 09:10 AM.

#45 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

I can definitely afford to wait because I would prefer to play the games on my HDTV whereas I can't seem to find a good display option for the PS2, most games look too dark and washed out on my CRT TV so I can barely see what is going on in them at all. I really don't want to play KH this way. I would also prefer to get trophies for the game and have something to show for it. If it comes out in the fall too then there is a good chance of it going on sale around Xmas time.

#46 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

Ehhh... I kinda disagree. KH1 isn't very important anymore in the grand scheme of things, and it's also quite rough around the edges (literally and figuratively). It's the ugliest game in the series after the ones on DS, the platforming (which the first game had an abundance of) feels extremely stiff, you're required to use L2/R2 to control the camera which frequently gets caught behind geometry, etc.

If previous games are any indication and they have any intention of releasing this in English, it'll be out around the fall next year. If you've waited an entire decade, you can afford to wait an extra 9 months for the better experience.

Not important in the scheme of things? Really? It's the most concise and least convoluted of the games when it comes to story and character development. Of course there's no arguing that a game that's more than 10 years old is going to be rough around the edges. But calling it the ugliest in the series besides the ones on the DS, means that only two games, KH2 and BBS, look better than it lol.

What previous games are you referring to? No other major KH game released in the US has gone this long without any info about a release outside of Japan. Using your logic, if you look at the Final Mix games as an indication, we may never see this come to the states.

I can definitely afford to wait because I would prefer to play the games on my HDTV whereas I can't seem to find a good display option for the PS2, most games look too dark and washed out on my CRT TV so I can barely see what is going on in them at all. I really don't want to play KH this way. I would also prefer to get trophies for the game and have something to show for it. If it comes out in the fall too then there is a good chance of it going on sale around Xmas time.

I see your point and it makes sense to wait then. Here's to hoping Square gets their stuff together and takes the money that we're all willing to throw at them.

#47 Axersia

Axersia

Hunter of the Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Not important in the scheme of things? Really? It's the most concise and least convoluted of the games when it comes to story and character development. Of course there's no arguing that a game that's more than 10 years old is going to be rough around the edges. But calling it the ugliest in the series besides the ones on the DS, means that only two games, KH2 and BBS, look better than it lol.

What previous games are you referring to? No other major KH game released in the US has gone this long without any info about a release outside of Japan. Using your logic, if you look at the Final Mix games as an indication, we may never see this come to the states.

I said DS and not 3DS. Honestly, Dream Drop Distance is probably the best-looking game in the series. Too bad it wasn't on Vita so it could've looked even better.

And yeah, KH1 isn't very important anymore in the KH continuum as a whole. You're right, it's the least-convoluted of the bunch because it's a standalone story that they've just been building upon for the past decade, but if you wanna get into the series and prepare yourself for KH3, I would put KH1 pretty low on the list in terms of importance. Of course, if you're willing to invest the time then by all means go for it, but if you had to choose between KH1 and KH2 it's pretty clear which you should be dropping.

Anyway, you're right, they haven't confirmed an English release for KH HD yet, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. The whole reason they even ported Coded to the DS was for the West, and I think the same may be true for KH HD (and the inevitable KH2 HD). After all, it's not Japan that needs reminding the series still exists, whereas many Westerners consider it to be dead and write off the handheld installments as shitty spin-offs when Birth by Sleep is widely considered to be best entry.

Edited by Axersia, 31 December 2012 - 07:06 PM.

#48 KuHLiiDE

KuHLiiDE

Button Masher

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

I see your point and it makes sense to wait then. Here's to hoping Square gets their stuff together and takes the money that we're all willing to throw at them.

Speaking of which, didn't they not release Final Mixes to NA, or any other country for that matter as I know, because they thought the fan base wasn't as big/wouldn't sell as good as it does in Japan? Idk, I heard this awhile ago.

If my ps2 was compatable w/ imported game I would be all over them mixes. All over them. :whee:

#49 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

I said DS and not 3DS. Honestly, Dream Drop Distance is probably the best-looking game in the series. Too bad it wasn't on Vita so it could've looked even better.

When you said "ones on the DS" I assumed you meant DDD as well. I actually forgot they put coded on the DS too.

And yeah, KH1 isn't very important anymore in the KH continuum as a whole. You're right, it's the least-convoluted of the bunch because it's a standalone story that they've just been building upon for the past decade, but if you wanna get into the series and prepare yourself for KH3, I would put KH1 pretty low on the list in terms of importance. Of course, if you're willing to invest the time then by all means go for it, but if you had to choose between KH1 and KH2 it's pretty clear which you should be dropping.

Oh I completely agree that KH2 is without a doubt the more important game. But I see it as KH2>KH>All the handhelds

Anyway, you're right, they haven't confirmed an English release for KH HD yet, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. The whole reason they even ported Coded to the DS was for the West, and I think the same may be true for KH HD (and the inevitable KH2 HD). After all, it's not Japan that needs reminding the series still exists, whereas many Westerners consider it to be dead and write off the handheld installments as shitty spin-offs when Birth by Sleep is widely considered to be best entry.

I can only hope that you're right and Square does bring it over. It's not like Disney characters are big in the West or anything.....

Speaking of which, didn't they not release Final Mixes to NA, or any other country for that matter as I know, because they thought the fan base wasn't as big/wouldn't sell as good as it does in Japan? Idk, I heard this awhile ago.

If my ps2 was compatable w/ imported game I would be all over them mixes. All over them. :whee:

Yeah from what I can remember from back in the day, I think that was there reasoning. Now assuming we're getting this collection, then it wont really matter as the Final Mix version of KH is getting the HD upgrade.

#50 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

When you said "ones on the DS" I assumed you meant DDD as well. I actually forgot they put coded on the DS too.

Oh I completely agree that KH2 is without a doubt the more important game. But I see it as KH2>KH>All the handhelds

I can only hope that you're right and Square does bring it over. It's not like Disney characters are big in the West or anything.....

Yeah from what I can remember from back in the day, I think that was there reasoning. Now assuming we're getting this collection, then it wont really matter as the Final Mix version of KH is getting the HD upgrade.

I see no reason for them to not bring this over here, it's an easy $40 each from all of the die-hard KH fans (and believe me, there's a ton of them).

I'll personally get this collection at $20, I'm honestly not sure if I need to replay these games or not though... hell, I never beat CoM on the GBA or PS2 (got stuck in the GBA, lost interest in the PS2).

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#51 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

I would pay $40 for this and I am really cheap (but keep in mind I have not played these games yet so it would be very worth it for me), heck you can't seem to find the PS2 Kingdom hearts anywhere for less than $20 each save you have a lucky find at a thrift or yard sale and I have never seen KH games at either of these. For my $40 I would be getting versions that I could play on my HDTV with trophy support and with the proper brightness levels of an HDTV. Why buy the older versions when the newer versions are right around the corner and have more features?

Of course there will be the obligatory price drop to $20-30 for this HD collection, heck it might even hit $10-15 at some point. I really love all the HD collections on the PS3, it definitely beats playing the original versions either on a dim and blurry CRT or playing them on a HDTV with terrible quality...

I have a real issue with games that are too dark and have too much glare on a CRT not to mention the washing out of colors on certain games, it gets a bit better when playing in the complete darkness at night with the lights off or on a cloudy day with all the curtains shut and the lights off. If anything is the crux of gaming it is this, games that are washed out, too dark or in general just look terrible, as it really does make certain games unplayable. If I can't see the game, then I obviously cannot play it. Unless you have all your gaming stuff in a basement with no windows, which does not apply to me. Go figure my CRT TV has no issues with displaying games like NES or SNES games on the original systems, but once again I can't seem to find a good display option for the PS2.

#52 Axersia

Axersia

Hunter of the Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

In case anyone was still worried, Jesse McCartney, voice actor of Roxas, posted a photo on his Instagram that pretty much confirms localization. It's a shot of one of the cutscenes from 358/2 Days:

Posted Image

#53 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

In case anyone was still worried, Jesse McCartney, voice actor of Roxas, posted a photo on his Instagram that pretty much confirms localization. It's a shot of one of the cutscenes from 358/2 Days:

Posted Image

nice thanks for posting this looks like am buying this day 1 :bouncy:
Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#54 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Thanks for the update!

#55 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Nice. It's not a complete confirmation (I remember when the voice of Yuri said he recorded additional lines for the PS3 version of Vesperia, but we never saw tat), it's definitely a good sign.

Also, based off of the TV, it looks like SE did some major work on the graphics even though it's cutscenes only. It's in widescreen and looks pretty clean, even though it's a picture of a picture and has been Instagram'd.

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#56 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

this is pretty cool. i never completed KH1 back in the day and have never played chain of memories or 358. im very much looking forward to this and hopefully 2.0?
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#57 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

I still say 0% chance this releases stateside.

#58 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

1.5 remix? Really?

I'm guessing they want to do a 2.0 remix with the 2nd game and some of the other small titles?

#59 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Well we were all waiting for it and now it's finally been confirmed: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX is coming to NA and EU this autumn.

#60 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Well we were all waiting for it and now it's finally been confirmed: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX is coming to NA and EU this autumn.

sweet!

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png