Lich Defense Review

TTGSteve

CAGiversary!
To view the original review you can go here: http://thetrendguys.com/2012/09/19/lich-defense-iphone-ipad-game-review/

Lich Defense on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lich-defense/id537610773?mt=8

My review:

Thank You for Playing Lich Defense!

This is the first thing I noticed about the game. As soon as you start up the game, you will receive a pop-up notification that says: “Thank you for playing Lich Defense.” I thought that was a really nice little thing to add in there from there developers. It lets you know that you’re appreciated.

Lich Defense Main Menu and Background Music

The main menu is really nice with some awesome graphics. It sort of looks like you’re about to play a game by a metal band. However, you’ll probably end up turning of the background music, especially if people are around you. It’s not that the music sounds bad, but it’s repetitive and you’ll be more focused on battle and may not notice it. However, the people around you will notice it and probably ask you to turn off the music.

Sound effects aren’t bad at all, but once again, you may bother the people around you, as they can be repetitive, as well. So, either get used to having your game turned down low or using headphones. If not that, you may want to disable sound effects, but I’m one of those people that need to hear myself hitting the enemies for whatever reason. So, I left the sound effects on and they don’t annoy me while I’m playing the game.

There’s a Ton of Different Levels and Themes in Lich Defense

Lich Defense comes with a slew of different levels. As you progress through the game, you will begin to face strong enemies and more of them. You will notice an increase in waves of enemies as you keep going. Also, you’re going to reach some different areas in the game. Here are the three different themes you will gain access to in Lich Defense:

• Meadow
  • Frozen
  • Lava

Meadow levels are going to be, well, meadows. You’ll see green grass, etc… As you make it to the frozen level, you will encounter snow, etc… Lava, you’re going to be fighting around volcanoes and what not.

As far as I’m aware, each theme comes with 10 different levels that you will have to beat in order to make it to the next theme. Also, each level comes with a set of quests that you can complete in order to make the game a little more fun and gain some gold and exp. Therefore, I would highly suggest trying your best to complete the quests, so you get the rewards from completing quests.

The Shop in Lich Defense

The shop which you can reach by clicking on “Upgrade” is another part of Lich Defense that you certainly do not want to ignore. From the shop, you will be able to upgrade your towers, your lich, buy spells, find out your stats, etc… There are two different types of currency you can spend in the shop:

• Gold
  • Jelly

Yes, a form of currency is referred to as jelly in the game. If at any time you want extra currency without playing through the game or completing quests to get it, you can pay for stuff with real cash. Therefore, it’s a lot like other games that allow you to spend real life currency in order to obtain in-game items that will help you out along the way. I haven’t done this; because I think when I paid for the game itself I spent enough money on it. However, the game is really fun, so I don’t think people that are really into the game would have a problem spending cash on it.

How’s the Gameplay in Lich Defense?

Gameplay is really easy and it’s pretty fun. I think playability will be high with this game and you will have a lot of stuff that can keep you busy. You will always find yourself upgrading items, trying to complete quests, buying stuff from the shop, etc… Therefore, I think that the game has a high replay value and that’s a pretty big thing with me. In my opinion, it’s a great way to kill some time and have fun.

Lich Defense is a Paid App and there is Not a Free Version

This is a downside in my opinion, because it’s one of those things where you have to purchase on your gut instinct. Granted, it’s not an expensive app, but it still costs money and what if you completely hate the game after you spend money on it? So, I definitely wish Lich Defense would have a free/lite version that people could download. Even if it allowed you to play one level in the game, it would still be better than nothing.

What I Think about Lich Defense

Honestly, I like the game and I think other people would love it, as well. It has a high replay value, so you’ll never get bored or run out of things to do. I do, however, wish that there was a free version of the game so people could try it out, before they have to purchase it.

bread's done
Back