Photo
- - - - -

TODAY ONLY - 9/20/12 - Battlefield 10th Anniversary $10 Sale at Origin (PC download)

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#91 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

I don't see anything wrong with Origin. I have a bunch of games in the client and use it along side steam and desura.

I too have Steam and Desura and that's good enough. I refuse to get myself into a situation where I must manage yet another piece of software to install/access my games.

In addition, I actually do own something on Origin: Burnout Paradise. That was acquired for free and did not require Origin. Now if I want to play it, I need Origin.

I for one wont deny myself good games because of hatred of all things EA.

Yeah, well, I'll be happy playing EA shit on a console (if ever) and be content with the fact that I'm not bloating up my hard drive.

#92 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:28 AM

Arghh,I give up cannot find campaign or how to even get into an MP game, I want my money back.

You start the game through Origin, which launches a browser window - Battlelog. Select Campaign from the top. Then click the huge button LAUNCH CAMPAIGN.

The only difference between this game and any other game in the world is that the main menu is in a browser.

#93 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:40 AM

You start the game through Origin, which launches a browser window - Battlelog. Select Campaign from the top. Then click the huge button LAUNCH CAMPAIGN.

The only difference between this game and any other game in the world is that the main menu is in a browser.

I'm telling you I have been looking at the battlelog browser screen for hours and nowhere does it say campaign, and yes I am logged in.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#94 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:46 AM

Maybe you should provide a screenshot.

#95 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:00 AM

no premium...
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#96 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:07 AM

I'm telling you I have been looking at the battlelog browser screen for hours and nowhere does it say campaign, and yes I am logged in.

Don't know if anyone has asked, but...what web browser are you using? Meaning, what is your staple web browser? Maybe this will help us help you.

#97 zaishade

zaishade

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

Posted Image

Does that help? If not, give us a screenshot of what your browser window looks like when you launch BF3 through Origin.

#98 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

My screen looks exactly like that, except for the middle row with the gold buttons that is the only thing missing, that is weird.

Just tried Firefox and it doesn't show that row either, strange.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#99 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:34 AM

God damn it EA....

You finally got me....

DAMNNNNN YOUUUUUUU
Posted Image
Posted Image

#100 _Ph03n1x_

_Ph03n1x_

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

My screen looks exactly like that, except for the middle row with the gold buttons that is the only thing missing, that is weird.

Make sure your flash is up to date. Install the battlelog plugins. Make sure you turn off any ad blocking/script blocking software.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#101 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

Make sure your flash is up to date. Install the battlelog plugins. Make sure you turn off any ad blocking/script blocking software.

God I just love popping in a disc and playing. But more seriously, I probably would have got this if the PS3 hardcopy wasn't $10. I also don't have Origin yet but having a client for all major publishers is going to be inevitable, might as well just rip off the bandaid and get it over with.

#102 valenor the bored

valenor the bored

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

I ordered through the Origin program and after I hit submit for payment it said I had to wait for an email on delivery instructions. But it's been a couple of hours and I haven't gotten any email and it doesn't show up under my order history. Should I contact cs?

#103 Nintendokid54

Nintendokid54

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

hmmm... buy now for $10 or wait for the premium version to go on sale... i already have it on xbox... :/

76561198020429748.png

#104 Quezz

Quezz

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

Have you used Battlelog before? I used it with the PS3 version and at first I couldn't figure out how to launch the PC version. Basically if you have used Battlelog for the PS3 or 360 version you have to switch to your PC account.

At the very top of the webpage, in between your username and the XP bar.

Posted Image

#105 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

As much as I tried to avoid a new DRM, I bit. The price point is great, and after doing a bit of digging in, Origin isn't any more "intrusive" as Steam. Basically, it's a sub-par version, but it doesn't constantly check your HDD in any conspiracy kind of manner.

Only thing I'm ticked about is the fact lots of apparent new customers are also buying in, and the download times are pretty long. I'll just wait for another day to D/L, but for $10, it's a great price!

Thanks OP! :D

I was thinking if I can download the game at work and then transfer it to a External HD, do you think that would work? But I am agree the cheapness in me won I can not turn down this game at that price.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#106 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

Have you used Battlelog before? I used it with the PS3 version and at first I couldn't figure out how to launch the PC version. Basically if you have used Battlelog for the PS3 or 360 version you have to switch to your PC account.

At the very top of the webpage, in between your username and the XP bar.

Posted Image

WOW!, that was IT. Thank You, How stupid of a setup is that. I had already finished it on the PS3 when it was $9 at BB, so it must have defaulted, good call.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#107 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

I was thinking if I can download the game at work and then transfer it to a External HD, do you think that would work? But I am agree the cheapness in me won I can not turn down this game at that price.

I'm wondering this as well. I probably can't download this on the internet at school (would take days) but I'm heading back home this weekend.. Don't want to bring my whole desktop with me obviously, can I download it there on my laptop and transfer it over?

KyrieIrvingSig1_zps17eadf84.jpg
:360: Now Playing
:360:
Fallout 3: GOTY (1100/1550), 2014 FIFA World Cup (50/1000)

#108 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

I backup my games on external harddrive. Recently I had to use that backup so I stopped game as soon as it started to download. Found the newly created folders and just moved all the files. I think it had to download a few additional files, probably updates.