Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

hopefully ad is true
WOOOO I STINK

#32 cucon13

cucon13

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:47 AM

I would definitely jump at the deal if another game like Kid Icarus, NSMB 2, or even Mario Tennis Open. Kingdom Hearts would be the first choice.

#33 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

Good deal, I bought Kingdoms Hearts from Deepdiscount and they never shipped me the game from 8/1 around the same price.

never buy from deepdiscount, they don't ship

#34 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

You shouldn't, they just typically need to confirm the sale (be it online, calling the store, etc.)

The real YMMV will be then actually honoring the deal as Best Buy technically doesn't honor "buy 2 for $40" type of "package' deals. I'm hoping I can convince a Best Buy near me to do it though, couple of games worth having in the $20 range if I'm paying credit, nothing that strikes me as must buy if I'm spending cash.

when toysrus had the 2 for 60 deal with sleeping dogs and darksiders 2 my bestbuy had no problem matching it, but they only let me buy 2 games and wouldn't let me buy any of the other games on the list.

#35 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:21 AM

The ad is already on the site. But for the 3ds game it says in store Tuesday. So does that mean i can only price match it on Tuesday or can i do it tomorrow? Also can we buy 2 of the same game or must it be 2 different games?

#36 crisicola

crisicola

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

The ad is already on the site. But for the 3ds game it says in store Tuesday. So does that mean i can only price match it on Tuesday or can i do it tomorrow? Also can we buy 2 of the same game or must it be 2 different games?

not sure if we have to buy two different games but I think Wipeout 3 and Angry Birds are going to be released on Tuesday, thus the "in store Tuesday!". I'm planning on stopping by tomorrow to try to get two Kingdom Hearts. 8-)

#37 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:03 AM

not sure if we have to buy two different games but I think Wipeout 3 and Angry Birds are going to be released on Tuesday, thus the "in store Tuesday!". I'm planning on stopping by tomorrow to try to get two Kingdom Hearts. 8-)

Oh right, ill prob drop by tomorrow to try grab 2 kingdom hearts as well. ;)

#38 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

ads been pulled already dont see 2 for 40
WOOOO I STINK

#39 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

ads been pulled already dont see 2 for 40

Its still there on the bottom left of page 2.

#40 Un4tun8Disaster

Un4tun8Disaster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

2 copies of KH it is! Thanks for the heads up OP!
Best friend and I just purchased 3Ds' yesterday. I grabbed a copy of KH for $40 that I hadn't opened and can now take back to get this deal. Perfect timing!
Posted Image

#41 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

Was able to pick up two copies of KH no problem at my local store. FYI.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV).

#42 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

Is the $40 2 3DS games for any 3DS game or just that list?

*Question must have been asked, I'll look for it too*

#43 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

Hmm, maybe get 2 KHs and trade one in to BB to cut down on either my DoA 5 or NBA 2K13 purchase if the trade in is around $30. Just got my 3DS XL last Saturday and so far only have Pushmo and about $12 in Virtual Bucks to buy another game so would be cool to get KH and 'save' a bit on another game I'm going to get anyway. Wish there was another non-Nintendo game I wanted in the offer.

Anyone know if you need to have played any of the KH games aside from KH, KH: CoM, KH2, and 365/2 to understand the story? Never played Re:Coded or Birth By Sleep (no PSP).

#44 killercane

killercane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

For some reason the 2 for 40 is not national. It seems my store is in a test area where they have like some holdover deals from last week. Got the deal but the employees were angry and sending emails since they pointed out that people would be coming in and asking for the national flyer deals. They still had the correct national flyer up front. Weirdness TRU.

#45 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

Got there at store opening and picked up the last (2) copies of Kingdom Hearts for my cousin and I. I'm glad I waited as a few days ago I almost bought a used copy from GS with the $10 off coupon which would have been $27.99.

#46 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

cousin got back from TRU (did not see her today) and they said

NO AD GO ONLINE and boy was she pissed they didnt have an ad and they dont even carry the game locally.. they carry 4 3ds games at our TRU

the worker there told them the national ads are over only local ads so our store will no longer be pushing an ad .
WOOOO I STINK

#47 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:14 PM

Bestbuy price matched this for me no problem

#48 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

ive never done a price match so all i have to do is go into best buy tell the game person that they have this deal at toys r us and hell let me get the games there?

#49 JediDeath

JediDeath

Casual Fribsday 2024

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:06 AM

Stupid question I know, but will I have to have played the others to know what's going on? Or doesn't it much matter?

#50 crisicola

crisicola

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

went to TRU in the morning and got two copies of KH for 40+tax. Got there so early that the guy working in the video games didn't even put up the stickers for the promotion. He tried to convince me that the 2 for $40 didn't start till Tuesday but I insisted to ring them up anyways. Picked up a screen protector too for my 3DS XL! :)

#51 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:01 AM

i price matched 2 for $40 kingdom hearts no problem at bestbuy

My question is, will any store pricematch the $15 gift card with fifa soccer? bestbuy, walmart, target?

#52 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:06 AM

i price matched 2 for $40 kingdom hearts no problem at bestbuy

My question is, will any store pricematch the $15 gift card with fifa soccer? bestbuy, walmart, target?

I asked my local BB and the dude said that they do not pm gift card deals but a fellow CAG did successfully pm TRU's 20 dollars gc deal for Borderlands 2. With that said I'll be trying to pm it this Tuesday at BB.

#53 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

I couldn't find any printed ads there. Wanted to try to see if Target would match since I have a $50 gift card. I asked the guy about the deal and he said he has seen the ad but it starts tomorrow. I asked him that since i was already there, would he mind scanning the games (KH and Lego 2 Batman) to see if the deal is going on now. Well, he was surprised that it started already. Paid, and thanked him for scanning the games to try to see if the deal started yet.

#54 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:38 AM

Thank you TRU. I got 4 copies of Kingdom Hearts 3DS. Traded in 3 copies (2 for my friend). Used the $30 GC I got from one and combined it w/ my other GC's to get a $50 prepaid Visa.

I went to Gamestop and used the $10 off $30+ coupon code to get Super Mario 3D Land and Zelda: OoT 3DS for $22 each. All in all, I spent $40 (the other two I'm getting paid back for) and got $120 worth of games.

Thank you, great day. Can't wait for my 3DS from CowBoom to come in so I can play these!

#55 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

So is this deal everywhere? I can't find the local ad on TRU website, don't know where they hide it, but one of my friends said he looked over our local ad and there was no mention of the 2 for $40 3DS games.

#56 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

So is this deal everywhere? I can't find the local ad on TRU website, don't know where they hide it, but one of my friends said he looked over our local ad and there was no mention of the 2 for $40 3DS games.

Walk to the customer service desk, and ask them for a copy of the weekly circular. It's only two pages (double-sided) this week.

#57 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

Okay thanks. It is definitely for everywhere though, right? I found the online add and it's a bunch of pages none of which mention the deal. Just want to know before I make the drive since the closest TRU is about 40 minutes away.

#58 killercane

killercane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

I swear no one reads my posts. The deal is NOT national, it is mostly national. There are some test areas where you get a crappy holdover ad. They should have the national ad though and fix it for you.

#59 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

I had seen the post, that's why I was curious, but I'm still a bit unclear. It's not national, but mostly national, yet if it's not for my store they'll still have the national ad and let me get the two for $40. Is that correct?

#60 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

Thank you TRU. I got 4 copies of Kingdom Hearts 3DS. Traded in 3 copies (2 for my friend). Used the $30 GC I got from one and combined it w/ my other GC's to get a $50 prepaid Visa.

I went to Gamestop and used the $10 off $30+ coupon code to get Super Mario 3D Land and Zelda: OoT 3DS for $22 each. All in all, I spent $40 (the other two I'm getting paid back for) and got $120 worth of games.

Thank you, great day. Can't wait for my 3DS from CowBoom to come in so I can play these!

ummm lets see if that math is right

you got 4 games for 80 bucks out of pocket
you traded one in for 30 (so out of pocket 50)
getting 40 back from friends

you spent 44 bucks at gamestop

wouldnt that be 54 bucks out of pocket + tax
WOOOO I STINK