77 replies to this topic

#61 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

ummm lets see if that math is right

you got 4 games for 80 bucks out of pocket
you traded one in for 30 (so out of pocket 50)
getting 40 back from friends

you spent 44 bucks at gamestop

wouldnt that be 54 bucks out of pocket + tax

No, it was only $40 ($10 depending on how you view it). I traded in 1 game for $30 at BB. Used that $30 GC plus $30 more in GC's to buy a Visa at BestBuy. Went to Gamestop and used the Visa to get the games.

Technically I spent $40 on 3 games worth $120.

#62 ScorpioKyle

ScorpioKyle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

I had seen the post, that's why I was curious, but I'm still a bit unclear. It's not national, but mostly national, yet if it's not for my store they'll still have the national ad and let me get the two for $40. Is that correct?

No if your area is not doing the ad, your store will not have the ad in store. But if you bring in a copy of it, or pull it up on a mobile device they should adjust it.

I know in the Tampa Bay area we do not have the ad.

If you go to TRU.com and look at the ads for the week, if you put in your zip code and it's not showing, your area is not doing them. You an always put in a different zip code for a different area and get the ad up.

#63 BryanDGAF

BryanDGAF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Kingdom hearts is not showing up online. Does this mean it's gone from the deal?

#64 killercane

killercane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

I had seen the post, that's why I was curious, but I'm still a bit unclear. It's not national, but mostly national, yet if it's not for my store they'll still have the national ad and let me get the two for $40. Is that correct?

I should have said they may or may not have the ad in store (mine did so I just assumed). Like someone else said, print it out to be on the safe side. Ridiculousness from TRU.

#65 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

No if your area is not doing the ad, your store will not have the ad in store. But if you bring in a copy of it, or pull it up on a mobile device they should adjust it.

I know in the Tampa Bay area we do not have the ad.

If you go to TRU.com and look at the ads for the week, if you put in your zip code and it's not showing, your area is not doing them. You an always put in a different zip code for a different area and get the ad up.

Okay, this is what I would need to do then and hope they honor it because using my zip to look at the ad does not show the 2 for $40 deal.

#66 Beast_Master

Beast_Master

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

So anyone want to guess when TRU will have the annual B2G1 free in Oct? I am praying for the second week so I can grab RE6, BoardL2 and Dishonored. Is everyone waiting for this deal too?

#67 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

No dice in my area. The ad in store was for baby items. Ringing up two copies of KH came up to $86 with tax. If I thought about printing the ad before heading down, I could have argued my way through, but I will live to buy another day....
Posted Image

#68 darkskill

darkskill

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

I pm'd this at Best Buy, got 2 Kingdom Hearts.

I tried to get the deal at TRU first, cause I like to support the place that's actually having the sale, but they were out of stock on anything good. I'm starting to realize my nearest TRU is always out of stock of anything that's worth buying from there. I will not waste my time anymore with them.

#69 kalel603

kalel603

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:02 AM

No go for me at my local TRU either, rang up 2 Kingdom Hearts @ $40 each. What zip code did you guys use to see the ad on line? I"m thinking about price matching to Best Buy.

#70 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:55 AM

In the new TRU ad, they have a B2G1 free on all under $20 games.

Any chance I could go back to TRU and get a in on the B2G1 if I bring in my Kingdom Hearts 3DS receipt that has the games listed as sold for $20.

If not its all good, might get in on the B2G1 deal anyways.

#71 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

If anyone wants my Nintendo Coins code for Kingdom Hearts 3D it's:

dtk-pxss-rx67-dfg

If you use it just post right after that you did so other folks won't have to waste time

#72 kalel603

kalel603

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

Thanks for the code JP73!

#73 NeoMonk

NeoMonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

Is the Fifa 13 sale still going on? I'm not seeing it online

#74 dcswirl

dcswirl

You'll Never Walk Alone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

I got my FIFA 13 with the gift card....the gift card expires in February for some reason

Currently playing

Too many to mention

#75 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Kingdom hearts is not showing up online. Does this mean it's gone from the deal?

KH3D, Finding Nemo, and Hotel Transylvania don't show up online. Wipeout 3D is also the case if you click on the link from the Video Games page but shows up as a pre-order if you click from the online ad. I'm not sure what to make of it. Considering these are still relatively "new" games I would have thought they'd still have their product pages show up as OOS in stores. Or maybe it's just a website error.

As far as my experience with this deal, I got to my local TRU as they opened on Sunday. I was able to grab the last/only 2 KH3D. I sincerely hope they have more in the back or on the way because having only two copies of any of the games in the ad seems low. It reminds me of the week that Pokemon Conquest with a $10 gift card was advertised but they didn't have any about 10 minutes after they opened on Sunday.

#76 jbuck138

jbuck138

Wario for President!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

Do I need the ad if I pricematch at Target? Do they have the ad or look it up online? Would they accept seeing it on my phone?

#77 NeoMonk

NeoMonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:30 AM

I had to go to 2 ToysR'Us to find Fifa 13 the first one didn't have it but the 2nd one did & got the $15 card!
If you're looking to pick this up there's no better deal out atm! $45 is not bad.

#78 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

The KH3D page is back online and in stock for shipping. Free shipping kick in at $49 so unless you can't find another game at $9 the shipping slightly sours the deal (it was $6.27 for me). It was giving me the message next to the shipping cost on the cart page that it was eligible for free shipping at $49 and now it's not. I guess free shipping at $49 was too much to ask for. Must have been a bug. I added another game to get over $49 and free shipping is back.

Edited by Sway, 28 September 2012 - 01:52 PM.