- - - - -

Survivor: Philippines

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Season: 25

Special contestants: Jeff Kent (MLB player) and Lisa Whelchel (Blair in "Facts of Life" 80s sitcom)

Twist:
3 teams of 6.
Each team consistes of 1 returning player who was medically evacuated during their season:
--- Michael Skupin (age 50) - from Season 2 - The Australian Outback
--- Jonathan Penner (age 50) - SURVIVOR: MICRONESIA - FANS vs. FAVORITES
--- Russell Swan (age 45) - SURVIVOR: SAMOA (2009)

Since my attempt to resurrect the previous season thread was thwarted and the thread was locked, I decided to create a new thread for the new season.

I myself only watched the 1st hour, so while I saw which team lost, I don't know who got voted out. Seems like a good mix of "characters" but we shall see if it's entertaining.

#2 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

Between this and the lack of posts in the Big Brother and Hell's Kitchen threads this past summer, it seems the reality show genre is dead on CAG.

I haven't watched the second episode, but I enjoyed the first.

And there's way too many shots of snakes this year. Fuck that shit. I jump every time they show one.

#3 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

I liked the first episode until Tribal Council. too much talking for such an early episode there. Didnt watch last week's.

Pitfall has a point though, the reality show genre is definitely dead here and I think its starting to follow in other places too. How many seasons of the same tired shows (Survivor, Idol, Hell's Kitchen, etc) can you really expect to watch?

#4 Stoneage

Stoneage

Don't touch my stuff!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Well, I was off work with nothing to do, so I watched all the episodes until the one that aired yesterday, and then I watched that one today. I don't watch every season, but I like them when I do. The beginning of the show is a bit tiresome, though. Do you really care who gets voted off in the first 5 or 6 episodes? And you know who it will be. "He snores and farts in his sleep....big mistake".
[IMG][IMG]http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/8568/mekonsmaskscopylo0.th.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

#5 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

I admit I'm not as big of a super fan of this as I was in the beginning, but I still watch it when I can.

And you're right - the first 5-6 episodes are boring because you're not familiar with the contestants.
Posted Image

#6 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Survivor is no longer about surviving when they get a food reward challenge every fucking episode.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#7 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

I was about 4 episodes behind (due to Hurricane Sandy) and recently caught up on the shows. I think it's actually better than the last couple of seasons. I like Jonathan Penner... he seems very good at reading people. I don't like the Brazillian women though... she is a bitch... but I like her on the show because you always need someone to hate.