Mass Effect 1 Platinum Hits Xbox for $7.99 @ Best Buy

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!
Best Buy's website is showing the Platinum Hits version of Mass Effect (new) for $7.99.

So I went into the store, grabbed the $19.99 copy off the shelf and told them about the online site price and they matched! Now I have the trilogy finally... :)

Model: M59-00033 | SKU: 8323593

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-7299960725670210086&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=8323593&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

You have to go to the store. No online ordering. No in-store pickup.

You can search for if your store has it:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&sourceId=1218538975018&sourceType=product&skuId=8323593&productId=1218538975018&itemId=1748604&pageMode=searchmode

[quote name='boogie4114']I was sucessful with this but it's definitely YMMV since they not technically supposed to match outlet prices.[/QUOTE]

No technically about it, they aren't supposed to, but some employees don't know any better.

[quote name='boogie4114']I was sucessful with this but it's definitely YMMV since they not technically supposed to match outlet prices.[/QUOTE]

It's no longer an outlet price. I got this like a month ago.

I don't think this is YMMV anymore. I think the reference to the "Outlet Center" has been removed from the site, so it shouldn't be a problem matching the price. I was able to get it matched a few months ago when it still showed Outlet Center.

Also, the store search is not very accurate (as many know already). My search showed none in any store near me so I gave up looking and then happened to notice at least 5 in one of those stores I visited.

Hmm it seems they did get rid of the outlet center tag on most of the items I checked. Hopefully this is a permanent change and not a temporary oversight.

I know it's an old game. But I always see ME sitting on the shelves because it always stayed around the Platinum Hits price of $19.99. it's why it took me this long to pick it up as Gamestop, GoHastings, etc. always carried it at a high price. did it ever get to the bargain bins or clearance status?

Thanks OP!

Picked up a copy tonight, they had no issues matching the bestbuy website.

Had a 5 buck coupon with them that expired at the end of the month, so $3.38 out of pocket.

(I borrowed a friends copy of ME when I got my Xbox, and never bought one. ME 1-3 are easily some of the best games of this generation)

Glad I didn't bite @ 15 on newegg!

thanks, op
matched in CA

played 1 originally on pc, but it was really buggy
was going to wait for an "ultimate" or "complete" collection, but i don't want ME3 any more :(

[quote name='francium34']thanks, op
matched in CA

was going to wait for an "ultimate" or "complete" collection, but i don't want ME3 any more :([/QUOTE]

You were probably going to end up waiting and waiting and waiting..

an ultimate collection for Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3? now that would be crazy. but if there's money for EA to make, they'll definitely squeeze you for it...

[quote name='dirtyvu']an ultimate collection for Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3? now that would be crazy. but if there's money for EA to make, they'll definitely squeeze you for it...[/QUOTE]

.....Except Microsoft owns the publishing rights to part 1 so the odds of that are highly unlikely.

Just picked this up without a problem. Never played it before, so looking forward to it.

Also had them price match the new Skyrim guide at 16.85.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I don't think this is YMMV anymore. I think the reference to the "Outlet Center" has been removed from the site, so it shouldn't be a problem matching the price. I was able to get it matched a few months ago when it still showed Outlet Center.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there was a previous thread that basically said the same, so I'm assuming it's a non-issue now.

[quote name='dirtyvu']Best Buy's website is showing the Platinum Hits version of Mass Effect (new) for $7.99.

So I went into the store, grabbed the $19.99 copy off the shelf and told them about the online site price and they matched! Now I have the trilogy finally... :)

Model: M59-00033 | SKU: 8323593

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

You have to go to the store. No online ordering. No in-store pickup.

You can search for if your store has it:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...8538975018&itemId=1748604&pageMode=searchmode[/QUOTE]

Did you just copy and fixed my post from SD?? similar wording and links in same order

http://slickdeals.net/f/5218386-Mass-Effect-Platinum-Hits-7-99-on-Bestbuy-PM-at-store

[quote name='dirtyvu']I know it's an old game. But I always see ME sitting on the shelves because it always stayed around the Platinum Hits price of $19.99. it's why it took me this long to pick it up as Gamestop, GoHastings, etc. always carried it at a high price. did it ever get to the bargain bins or clearance status?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember buying the PH sometime between it's release and before 2 was released when K-Mart had it on sale for $14.99.

[quote name='ae86takumi']Did you just copy and fixed my post from SD?? similar wording and links in same order

http://slickdeals.net/f/5218386-Mass-Effect-Platinum-Hits-7-99-on-Bestbuy-PM-at-store[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't copy and paste. But I did get help from your thread. I didn't see it here and Mass Effect deserves a place in everyone's library so I put it here. I didn't even copy the links as they had the slickdeals info in the links.

Your post wasn't a creative genius of a post. It's just a typical game at discount. where you buy it. link for game.

[quote name='francium34']thanks, op
matched in CA

was going to wait for an "ultimate" or "complete" collection, but i don't want ME3 any more :([/QUOTE]

haha. EA has done it...

http://masseffect.bioware.com/about/trilogy/

trilogy_vignette-t.jpg

Mass Effect Trilogy releases on November 6th 2012 for Xbox 360 and PC, and later in the year for PlayStation 3.

Whoa. Didn't think the PS3 would see part 1. I wonder if this re-release will have all the DLC included.

[quote name='barrit']Whoa. Didn't think the PS3 would see part 1. I wonder if this re-release will have all the DLC included.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The DLC really makes or breaks this as you can find all 3 games much cheaper than $60. Not to mention most people already have 2/3 or all of the trilogy already...

Picked up a copy at my local Bestbuy today and was able to PM it without any trouble. I've been looking out for it for a while, but they've never had it. I guess they put up a platinum hits display overnight (wasn't there yesterday) and it had some copies on it. Into my 50+ game backlog it goes.....

[quote name='CaoPi']wait it says sold out online, can you still PM it at bestbuy in store?[/QUOTE]

I just did... Anyway, I don't think they used to pricematch outlet items,.but I think they've changed that. But they should match prices in store even if online is sold out. It's just they don't pricematch competition prices if they are sold out.

yes you can. it has said sold out online forever now. when I pricematched it, it worked and it was also sold out online.

[quote name='CaoPi']wait it says sold out online, can you still PM it at bestbuy in store?[/QUOTE]

Yes. u can match. just show them the BB website. Shoot, I have a extra copy. PM me if u interested.

[quote name='CaoPi']Anyone know anything about the Trilogy release? Will the PS3 ver of the trilogy have better graphics?[/QUOTE]

I talk to gamestop and said there is nothing special besides the packaging.
Im not sure about the graphics but maybe it's a port?

[quote name='CaoPi']that blows, and I thought ME 1 would be on disc![/QUOTE]

It is on disk if you buy the collection, it's just a PSN download for people who already have ME 2/3 for PS3 on disk.

bread's done
Back