CAGcast #297: Shipwreck Dreams of Borderlands

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 shogunieyasu

shogunieyasu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

Cheapy: the reason you would stop by the Square Enix booth at TGS and check out new games is because you have thousands of twitter followers, site visitors, and podcast listeners who can't make it to Tokyo and who want information about these games. I would have thought that was obvious.

#32 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

I think people forget that the Wii only came with one controller and you had to pay $40 to play Wii Sports Tennis multiplayer. And that was the Wii's killer app.

By comparison the Wii U is in a far better position for local multiplayer because, even if Motion Plus is required, a lot of Wii U purchasers will already have the necessary equipment. There's also the fact that online multiplayer should be a lot better on the Wii U, even if it's not up to PS360 standards.

There really was no reason to expect the Wii U to come with anything but the tablet controller, and since it will sell out for months until Nintendo can get the supply up packing in extra equipment would have just cost them money unnecessarily.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#33 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

Cheapy: the reason you would stop by the Square Enix booth at TGS and check out new games is because you have thousands of twitter followers, site visitors, and podcast listeners who can't make it to Tokyo and who want information about these games. I would have thought that was obvious.

That's CheapyD for you.He lazily does stuff.

I wonder if knock off Wiimotes work on the WiiU.

#34 Lord Jezo

Lord Jezo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

RIP these days...

Posted Image

#35 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:11 AM

If Nintendo included a wiimote with the Wii U then the complaint would be why should we have to pay for another wiimote when we already have one. Blah. Blah. Blah.

#36 Target205

Target205

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:45 AM

Hey Ship,

Are you editing using a Mac (with OSX 10.6.8 or later, 64 bit processor)? You may be able to save your footage using Motion 5 available on the OSX App Store for $49.99 (less than the $200 mentioned during the CAGcast). It has keying effects and also allows you to resize/move your footage (among many other special effects features). Can edit within Motion, drop in footage behind the keyed footage and export your files as Quick times then drop those into iMovie. Just a possible solution.
Posted Image

#37 S0LIDARITY

S0LIDARITY

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:53 AM

For anyone watching the Football Phone commercial, be sure to look out for a young Christopher Walken at 0:11 in.

That's a woman at 11 seconds in. I don't see any Walkens in there. in 1990 Chris Walken would have been a 'young' 47.

According to Don Dodge, Developer Advocate for Google, Apple has not passed a new google maps that they attempted to push onto iOS-6.

#38 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

You be in dis game.

It's nice they were able to get Charles Barkley finally, hopefully they add the '93 Suns in the next game.

#39 Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

I liked how the one guy asked a nice little question about the PSN store and Cheapy jumped his shit. PSN store remodeling? Fuck THAT IS WHY SONY IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS.

#40 Jasper Kazai

Jasper Kazai

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

I'm looking forward to the BL2 talk that will come. This is the first time that I've been playing a game like this right after launch. (Only ever have played WoW xpacs and then TOR directly at launch.) I'm playing Zer0 with my friends, and he is awesome. But I knew he would be, since I loved being the sniper in BL1 as well.

The end clip about the SI football phone was funny. I wonder if, in the future, the football-loving majority will become the minority, and that kind of stuff won't sell easily. And the tech stuff will be more mainstream. I guess it's already happening.

#41 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

Great show, loved the Borderlands 2 talk. Looking forward to more Borderlands 2 talk as you all get to play more.

Shipwreck might go collecting nuts. Because I think a lot of zones have lost echo recorders and vault images hidden and you get Badass points for finding a full set per area.

#42 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

That's a woman at 11 seconds in. I don't see any Walkens in there. in 1990 Chris Walken would have been a 'young' 47.

I was joking.

#43 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

I liked how the one guy asked a nice little question about the PSN store and Cheapy jumped his shit. PSN store remodeling? Fuck THAT IS WHY SONY IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS.

by now you should know that Cheapy doesn't answer questions, he uses them as soapboxes.

#44 S0LIDARITY

S0LIDARITY

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

I was joking.

Woops. I got my hopes up to see a young Christopher Walken in a classic low-budget commercial.

#45 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

I think I'm gonna have to agree with Shipwreck on MK vs. DC not being appropriate for Tai (although I wasn't much older when I played Mortal Kombat for the first time). It's a T-rated game, but fatalities are still there. I dunno how he'd react to Batman getting electrocuted to death by Raiden.

Still, I think Cheapy would enjoy the story mode.

#46 Jrittmayer

Jrittmayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:05 AM

Great show!

#47 honkyjesus

honkyjesus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:30 AM

Been playing Blands 2 since Tuesday and NOT loving it! Plays like a product, not a game. Tried to simply do better than the first, which I hate in games. The whole damn thing plays like DLC to the first game.

On a side note, can't wait for BioShock Infinite and Halo 4. Games that are doing something different with the IP.

#48 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:54 AM

Nice show, I really need to pick up Borderlands 2

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#49 CatLomein

CatLomein

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

Great show like usual guys.

I have a movie recommendation for Cheapy. I know you like to cry during movies, so you should watch Nanking. When I watched this with some people all the girls were crying, so this would be perfect for you.

Watching this movie will also help you understand what this Diaoyu islands (senkaku islands) conflict is really all about. (I assume you hear a lot about it living in Japan and all.) Basically, Chinese people still hate Japan for events like those portrayed in this movie, and the hatred rises to the surface whenever anything World War Two is brought up.

#50 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

New CAGcast woo!!!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#51 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

Which is funny considering how often in the past he complained about never finding things in the store...

#52 ndawgdrake

ndawgdrake

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

Glad to see you guys are showing love for teh PC Gamingz. I agree it takes awhile to get accustomed to again after being on console for such a long time, but once you're in the "zone", you really start to appreciate it. :applause:

#53 chaseamazon

chaseamazon

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

i am so sick and tired of fucking nintendo and their bullshit false scarcity. how the Fuck can there be 5 million iphone 5s sold in one weekend and they are only going to release 350,000 wiius. i hate them more than fucking anything!!!!

cheapy your son sounds like a cat.

wombat dont mention your children ever.

shipwreck how do you plan on getting a wiiu?

thanks

#54 GORILMONSTA

GORILMONSTA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:11 AM

Just finished listening to the podcast it was great, finally your doing a videopost can't wait where will it be uploaded.
Posted Image

#55 Deadpool

Deadpool

I club baby seals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

This is for Cheapy, check out The Man from Nowhere on Netflix streaming. Best martial arts movie in a long time. I challenge you not to cry. I think you will really like this movie.

Meh. The Raid, Kung Fu Panda 2, Reign of Assassins, 13 Assassins, Shaolin, Ip Man and Haywire are better choices imho.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Honestly I can't see what else Nintendo can do regarding the Wiimotes. There are just too many out there in circulation for Nintendo to completely abandon them. But they will be introducing a new controller in the form of the tablet, so Wombat's desire for a new Nintendo console to use a new kind of controller is (somewhat) fulfilled. My worry is that many of the Wii U games will play better with the Pro Controller or the Wiimotes, so there won't be much reason to play games on the Wii U that also come out on the 360/PS3.

I know that games requiring the Wiimotes be motion plus will be confusing at first to the market, but Nintendo needs to sever the regular Wiimotes from the consumer base. I think a majority of active Wii users will have bought at least one or two Wiimotes with motion plus and will therefore not have a problem with the Wii U launches.

Once the games are there I'll pick up a Wii U but I don't see the desire to get it at launch just because the games will be there eventually. There's a chance for a price drop or better bundles later on in the system's lifecycle.
Posted Image

#57 duran603

duran603

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

Wombat, thanks for getting my prenup joke lol. And thanks for the room suggestion. But my wife deems me sitting next to her as quality time, even if I'm mentally lost in a game world and not watching tv with her. So going to another room might not sit well with her. We've barely been married a year so maybe with time it will. Thanks for the advice guys.

#58 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

That football phone sounds like an Incredible Device.

#59 mza49311

mza49311

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

Enjoyed the CagCast! The Tokyo Game show doesn't sound like what I imagined at all from Cheapy's description, and I'm saddened to hear that it's more about phones than consoles

#60 mm2barry

mm2barry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

i think that your recording strategy was perfect this episode. Cheapy, make sure that you guys have "Skype problems" from now on when it comes to Wombat. His negativity and curmudgeonly ways bring the show down. when he's constructive, you guys are at your best. unfortunately, he usually just bitches and moans.
Love you guys. keep up the good work
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
Gen. George S. Patton