NHL 2012-2013 Season- Let's do this. Games start January 19

• Please log in to reply
884 replies to this topic

#331 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

So what does that mean when they resend it?
Posted Image

#332 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

From what I understand is that they (NHL) correct the call but as you said it's already too late for that to do any good. Perhaps it was done because it was major? I forget but do you get an automatic one game suspension if you receive a 5 minute major and a game misconduct?

#333 ElwoodCuse

ElwoodCuse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

yeah it's so it doesn't count against any automatic suspension requirements

Same thing happened to Kris Letang a couple years ago. He put his shoulder into a dude's chest and sent him into next week but because his helmet came off refs gave 5 + game. Got overturned.
But when his drinking and lusting and his hunger for power became known to more and more people, the demands to do something about this outrageous man became louder and louder.

#334 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

Hartford AHL announced attendance was 13,239 last night, larger than the announced NHL crowd of 12,151 in Phoenix. http://t.co/PvRf3cdu

What the Fuck is the NHL still doing in Phoenix?

#335 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

What the Fuck is the NHL still doing in Phoenix?

Hubris. Can't admit they made mistakes...not mistakes, blunders...in trying to expand into non-hockey markets.

Continue to lose money on the league end of things, take a pound of flesh out of the players next time the CBA is up for renewal. It's easy to win that way, and precisely what happened over the past few months.
Posted Image

#336 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Here's the thing...what markets would be able to support an NHL team (have an arena that is usable) in the near future and are willing to make the financial commitment? I completely agree that Phoenix is a terrible market for hockey. They need to get out of there ASAP. But at the same time, it needs to be a smart move. I would personally love to see another Canadian team...

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#337 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

Quebec City, Seattle, Toronto part 2, clearly Hartford, CT as well.
Posted Image

#338 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

They just don't want to move Phoenix to a lucrative market with enormously wealthy entities interested in ownership when they can extract more money out of them in expansion fees. Unfortunately they'll do what they can to keep them there and if they move, it'll be to a mid market city at best. Kansas City, Las Vegas, perhaps Seattle if there's not a potential owner there who will pay expansion fees, but the A list markets like Quebec City and Markham/Hamilton/Greater Toronto are out of that picture.

They're 100% going to expand again. Current owners get a payday that players don't get a cut of. The union adds 40 jobs. NBC's national footprint doesn't shrink by moving another US team to Canada. CBC/TSN are helped enormously.

#339 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

I think it was during the Pittsburgh and New Jersey game the other day, but they were talking about Phoenix. I forgot some of what was said, but what I do remember is that they wont be moving to Canada. I think another thing was move them to another state and make them an AHL team. I also remember something said about a potential buyer, but they don't want to pay the 170 million being asked for them. Hell I don't blame them. The one announcer said the price the person was willing to pay, but I forgot it. All I know is it seems like their is a high chance that next season Phoenix will not have an NHL team.
Posted Image

#340 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Anybody know what the deal is in Vancouver concerning the goaltending? Luongo has played 4 straight games. Are they giving him a chance to take over the starting position? Showing him off to trade suitors? Are they going to end up trading Schneider instead (lol)? It's odd hearing how they are basically holding on to Luongo until they see a worthy deal but the longer it takes the more complicated it is for the GM to make a move when the goalie he is trying to trade is the teams top goalie this season so far.

#341 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Anybody know what the deal is in Vancouver concerning the goaltending? Luongo has played 4 straight games. Are they giving him a chance to take over the starting position? Showing him off to trade suitors? Are they going to end up trading Schneider instead (lol)? It's odd hearing how they are basically holding on to Luongo until they see a worthy deal but the longer it takes the more complicated it is for the GM to make a move when the goalie he is trying to trade is the teams top goalie this season so far.

As far as I know the Canucks want to get rid of Luongo and keep Schneider but most teams would want Schneider because of his contract situation. I think right now Luongo is playing more is because he is just playing better than Schneider was. The Canucks GM was at the Caps/Pens game over the weekend and Washington is one of the hot spots where Luongo might end up.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#342 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

After watching some of the weekend games , these refs are just getting worse with the no goal calls. Oh yeah, lets go Bolts!

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#343 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

After watching some of the weekend games , these refs are just getting worse with the no goal calls. Oh yeah, lets go Bolts!

Harrumph. I hope Matt Carle chokes.

;)
Posted Image

#344 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

Last two punches on Crombeen were really uncalled for honestly. There is a code for fighting, no matter what this idiot on NBC says. Hell, Max Talbot stopped as soon as he realized Ryan Callahan popped his shoulder out.

Edit: No Simmonds or Hartnell? Ouch. Bolts looking shitty right now but I'm hoping Conacher gets either an assist or goal tonight.

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#345 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

Crombeen started it with the Flyers' goon. Got knocked into next week by Rinaldo. Laughed my ass off, and don't feel a bit bad about it.

Don't pick a fight with a goon. Know better.

EDIT: Rinaldo's mic'd up tonight, they showed him talking w/ the referee and apologizing for the excess punches (saying "I didn't know he was out"). Looks like you're correct about the 'code.'

EDIT2: Internet, you're so quick.

Edited by mykevermin, 06 February 2013 - 01:59 AM.

Posted Image

#346 Canadian_Man

Canadian_Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

Looking forward to Habs/Bruins tomorrow night :bouncy:

#347 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

Thats why I discredited that fool that said "There is no code for fighting." I think My self and everybody that knows hockey well enough said to their tv or them selves, WTF are you talking about?

How ever, you forgot to post this up Myke....

Vinny fighting is just unknown, but I also don't think two wrongs make a right with his late cheap shots either. I mean, sure you gotta fight sometimes but honor the code. Viny not doing that really upsets me honestly.

Vulcan7905.png

#348 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

Wow...the Preds offense showed up tonight for basically the first time all season. 6-1 trouncing of St. Louis. That's what I like to see. Nashville has won 3 straight and went 4-2-1 on their 7 game road trip. That was 1/3 of their road schedule in one swoop, haha. It will be nice to finally have them back home on Thursday. Go Preds! :)

#349 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

Talbot's not much of a fighter either. My issue with the Lecavalier fight is that it's very clear he's intentionally breaking the "code," where there's little to no evidence that Rinaldo did so intentionally.
Posted Image

#350 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Pretty lame by Lecavalier. I remember when he could have been killed by Chara but...

Meanwhile the Red Wings are losing to the worst of the West. Now I'm getting agitated. I still believe in playoffs though guys.

#351 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Wow...the Preds offense showed up tonight for basically the first time all season. 6-1 trouncing of St. Louis. That's what I like to see. Nashville has won 3 straight and went 4-2-1 on their 7 game road trip. That was 1/3 of their road schedule in one swoop, haha. It will be nice to finally have them back home on Thursday. Go Preds! :)

I'm so glad I didn't watch that game. I was just hearing about it at work and in the one office they had it on the radio. Now I know how Detroit fans felt on the 19th. A coworker of mine and I started high fiving each other because it wasn't a shutout.
Posted Image

#352 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

I'll give Rinaldo respect as he really tried to clear up a messy situation. He didn't really know. I think you forgot to post this up when he was mic'd up. Vinny's late shots really upsets me honestly.

http://www.csnphilly...-fight-crombeen

Vulcan7905.png

#353 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

Ah, yes, sorry. Thanks for posting that!
Posted Image

#354 Canadian_Man

Canadian_Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

I'm amazed Chara got away with two penalties on the same shift midway through the 3rd, especially the first one.

#355 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Will be watching the Pens/Caps game tonight. Watched their game on the weekend and Pittsburgh was dominant after Washington scored their flukey 2nd goal. Looking at the standings it's pretty representative of how those teams looked. What stood out was how different the teams looked in the offensive zone. Pens had a clear vision where the Caps kind of went with the flow which went nowhere.

#356 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Anyone else noticing that prices on Stubhub are higher this year than they were last year? For the same sections that I was paying 20 or 30 bucks for depending on the game are now going for 50 to 100 bucks.
Posted Image

#357 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

How else are they gonna pad themselves with the halve the season they killed... ?

You didn't think they wouldn't "quietly" try to dick fans did you... ?

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#358 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

No they would never do that. Would they?
Posted Image

#359 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

Tim Thomas is now an Islander. Lol

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#360 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:46 AM