NHL 2012-2013 Season- Let's do this. Games start January 19

• Please log in to reply
884 replies to this topic

#451 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

Eastern Conference team get pretty shafted for playoff spots with the new format, don't they?
Posted Image

#452 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

Eastern Conference team get pretty shafted for playoff spots with the new format, don't they?

If you're referring to more teams being in the East, I think the general assumption is that it's in preparation for Western expansion. If you're referring to the amount of good teams in the East...well, it's pretty much always been that way, haha.

#453 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

Eastern D gets one more team, but they get Columbus. I call that a wash.

(Even if the BJ's are doing well right now, and I'm watching the Flyers try to pretend like Laviolette will still be the team's coach this time next week - I do believe this will reverse itself in the long run.)
Posted Image

#454 Canadian_Man

Canadian_Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

As much as I love Laviolette's attitude, I was always under the impression he was the type of coach you hired mid-season to whip up your slumping team (ironic). Can't say I recall him having an extended tenure with any team?

#455 ElwoodCuse

ElwoodCuse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

Torterella should be fired before Laviolette. The Flyers have no defense at all, that's why they stink. The Rangers are tired of Angry John's act.
But when his drinking and lusting and his hunger for power became known to more and more people, the demands to do something about this outrageous man became louder and louder.

#456 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Going to the Sens/Sabres game today. Anyone know when the best time is to try and meet the visiting team? Out back? 1PM (game starts at 3)? My wife is a huge Sens fan so I'd love for her to possibly see them get off the bus or something.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#457 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

No clue but typically the buses drive into an area where you won't have access to. Though I don't recall how HSBC arena has that set up as I haven't been there in over 10 years.

#458 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

Going to the Sens/Sabres game today. Anyone know when the best time is to try and meet the visiting team? Out back? 1PM (game starts at 3)? My wife is a huge Sens fan so I'd love for her to possibly see them get off the bus or something.

Morning skate at about 7 am. Thats when the Lightning practice in their own rink and when they practice at the rink I play at. Plus, it would be hard as most players drive right into the arena or the bus takes them in. Hate to be a buzz kill.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#459 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

Morning skate at about 7 am. Thats when the Lightning practice in their own rink and when they practice at the rink I play at. Plus, it would be hard as most players drive right into the arena or the bus takes them in. Hate to be a buzz kill.

Not a bit deal. We still enjoyed the game, especially after that OT goal by Turris :D

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#460 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

What?! The Detroit Redwings are leaving the Western Division?! The Blues/Redwings rivalry is awesome! :cry:

Send those bastards back to the West to even up the divisions! :bomb:
Posted Image

#461 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

Detroit's been trying to move East since before Toronto did in 98, they were promised by the league that they'd go at the first opportunity. They made a huge stink when the last proposal had them staying in the West.

#462 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

Yeah... I've been reading more of the Detroit fan reactions and I guess it makes some sense. I didn't realize they were in the Eastern Time Zone and how many issues its caused when watching the playoffs.

It's going to suck to not have them in the same division, but at the same time I'm sort of glad because it will make it easier for the Blues to finally win the Stanley Cup. The Blues just suck at playing the Red Wings in the playoffs.
Posted Image

#463 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:35 AM

The thing is the Blues could still have to play Detroit for the cup.
Posted Image

#464 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Blues just traded D'Agostini to the Devils. I know some Blues fans that will be happy about this so I'm wondering what Devil fans are thinking.
Posted Image

#465 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

Looks like Guy Boucher will be gone soon. Not a single shot during a Power Play is just sad for the Lightning. Also, I still think Nash should have gotten a 2 game suspension.

Play in question.

Something awesome I stumbled upon on reddit. http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com/

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#466 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

Superstars of the NHL don't get suspended.
Posted Image

#467 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Lol nice link

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#468 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

Superstars of the NHL don't get suspended.

OH, that's right. I keep forgetting about that.

Vulcan7905.png

#469 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

He's off his skates prior to making contact, too, making it even more awful that there was no call at all.

A 3rd/4th line dude would get 3 games for that, easy.
Posted Image

#470 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

Trying to think of a big name superstar who has served suspension time. Without googling, Ovi or Malkin?

So, looking at this, both TBL players got off with no suspensions. Giroux, Neal and Ovi. Wonder how many went unnoticed.

http://hfboards.hock...ad.php?t=992217

Vulcan7905.png

#471 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:05 AM

Google brought up this suspension for Ovechkin (when, incidentally, googling for Malkin).

http://sports.yahoo....-235120566.html

Don't think Malkin or Crosby have ever been suspended. James Neal (I think?) definitely deserved one for headhunting against the Flyers in the 2012 playoff series (though I'm naturally speaking from a position of bias). I think, in that game (don't recall which # game) Aaron Asham rec'd a 1-game for some hit. Not Neal.
Posted Image

#472 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

Stevie Y making decisions in Tampa

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=418994

I think we have a Tampa fan on this thread. Maybe he can tell us what he thinks and what other problems are keeping the Lightning from being a playoff team.

#473 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Slickkil and my self are.

When you have four powerplays and no shots on goal, its time to rebuild. I feel as if a goaltending coach needs the boot as well. I feel as if Stamkos, Vinny and Marty are safe but a big name will be going very soon. I wish it was Vinny honestly. Free up cap space and get either a great D or a good goaltender. I just dont see Lindback being the Lightnings top goalie, he will be second string. Another problem is the D. They need to go for the check when it's there. There is no aggression at all. Thats why I'm a fan of Radko Gudas. He's a hard hitting player who will go for the check.

Vulcan7905.png

#474 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

The system was a lot of the issue. It worked really well his first year because people didn't know what to do against it. Unfortunately his system was so defensively minded that we just don't have the players to execute it. This team has had a number of issues under Boucher/Yzerman: Lack of shots on the power play despite some of the best offensive players in the league. Too many short handed goals given up. Maybe I don't watch enough hockey around the league but the Lightning give up a lot of them. Slow starts etc...

Yzerman needs to find a goalie asap or he should be shown the door too. Lindback may have it, but he's still iffy and looks like a backup as Vulcan said. I said it earlier in this thread, but way too many teams find great goalies, even if they are one hit wonders, for the Lightning not to find someone. Viktor Fasth is a 30 year old rookie playing for the Ducks and he has a 2.15 GAA and 11 wins. A lot of the Lightning's issues are defensive as well.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#475 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

I'm happy with way the CBJ have been playing this season. Granted, last night was painful but Bob and the team were due for s letdown (12 game point streak snapped :cry:). However, there is a lot of fight in this team. Finally, with changes to the front office and three first round picks in the draft this year. I like the future of this team. That said if this starts a losing streak and they go into the tank that just means a better opportunity at getting the first pick in the draft.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#476 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

Getting top draft picks hasn't helped the Oilers much. Just something that came to my mind. As for the Blue Jackets sudden surge I made a claim that they won't make the playoffs this year. Wouldn't want to look foolish if they manage to get a spot.

#477 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

Probably will... there's one spot definitely open...

Trade List

#478 Canadian_Man

Canadian_Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

Something awesome I stumbled upon on reddit. http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com/

I'm loving the Boston and Todd Bertuzzi presets :applause:

D'Agostini was looking like a fair prospect back with the Habs, looked like a good 3rd liner, shame to see he hasn't developped since then?

#479 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Getting top draft picks hasn't helped the Oilers much. Just something that came to my mind. As for the Blue Jackets sudden surge I made a claim that they won't make the playoffs this year. Wouldn't want to look foolish if they manage to get a spot.

Good point but I think the Oilers are ready to make another run. That is a bunch of young talent to not be a playoff contender soon.

I'm not convinced they will either. However, this is the closest they have came in awhile and I'm optimistic. The road will not be easy though lots of good teams still to play again.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#480 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:28 AM

http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com/

We're gonna need one of these for Reviewing goals...

Trade List