NHL 2012-2013 Season- Let's do this. Games start January 19

• Please log in to reply
884 replies to this topic

#571 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

It says a lot about this season that the Islanders are in the playoffs, the Flyers are looking in from the outside, and the Blue Jackets are fightin' until the very last game for a playoff spot.

I'd love to see the BJs (does anybody call them that? it's childish, but I like it) serve as spoiler either the Wild (and stick it to their overpaid defensive core) or the Red Wings (because Fuck the Red Wings, as much as I like Detroit as a city).

Congrats on making the playoffs in the NHL Special Needs Eastern division, Broly. 1 point more than the current 8th seed. Pat yourself on the back for that one, dude.
Posted Image

#572 Canadian_Man

Canadian_Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

The East is going to be exciting this year. Having the Leafs and Islanders in, then the Devils out for once should prove much more interesting than previous years.

#573 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

Oh, right, the Devils, too. What a totally messed up year.

I merely hope we can get some solid defense on the Flyers for next year - but that seems incredibly improbable, since we're unlikely to draft one (a - no Seth Jones for us barring a miracle; b - cases of drafting someone who immediately steps in as an effective, excellent D-man are extraordinarily rare). We also can't really afford to buy/offer sheet/otherwise Holmgren our way into taking over a new defensive core - our needs are too deep, and the new cap has more or less really hurt the Flyers (also, years of dumb-dumb contracts have caused us to hurt ourselves).

Not too thrilled about Flyers prospects next year. But I'd rather go out in a tough division than sneak through in the division everyone makes fun of.
Posted Image

#574 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

I can finally breathe a sigh of relief, the Senators clinched, Karlsson is back, and the Sens have a chance to finish 6th which would see them face Washington in the first round. These next two games are going to be important.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#575 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

*sigh* I fondly remember the excitement when the last few games of the season aren't just important, but *critical* to win.

Someone forgot to tell Minnesota tonight. Yegods, what incredible defense they paid for. ;)

Oh, well, all I have to look forward to tomorrow is watching Danny Briere's highly likely final game as a Flyer. He seems like a genuinely good dude, and it stinks that he wants to stay in the area b/c of his children, but he simply has not produced at anything resembling NHL quality hockey this year. On top of that, his contract is way too burdensome. Like him or not, it's time to part ways.

Briere and possibly Bryz (little chance this year, big chance next year), amnesty buyout is thy name.
Posted Image

#576 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

It says a lot about this season that the Islanders are in the playoffs, the Flyers are looking in from the outside, and the Blue Jackets are fightin' until the very last game for a playoff spot.

I'd love to see the BJs (does anybody call them that? it's childish, but I like it) serve as spoiler either the Wild (and stick it to their overpaid defensive core) or the Red Wings (because Fuck the Red Wings, as much as I like Detroit as a city).

Congrats on making the playoffs in the NHL Special Needs Eastern division, Broly. 1 point more than the current 8th seed. Pat yourself on the back for that one, dude.

Blue Jackets game today is going to be electric! Today, I'm gonna be a huge Dallas and Colorado fan. :bouncy:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#577 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

I still want McPhee fired if the Capitals don't go anywhere. He's not a good GM, and every move he makes seems to make the team worse year after year. But he may have gotten a coach, though it may have been 2 years too late.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#578 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

How somebody can enjoy Detroit as a city is beyond me. I'm glad none of my friends study there anymore. Never looked forward to roaming the streets there at night and even the during the day sometimes.
On topic I'm most surprised at Ottawa which I thought was done after their injuries started to pile up. If Columbus makes the playoffs they would be a major surprise as well. I feel you King Broly. You guys should find a new GM.

#579 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

Caps won tonight, an interesting win I guess. It puts pressure on Boston tomorrow to beat Ottawa. So again, the Caps find themselves facing the New York Rangers in the playoffs. I feel good about that.

Fun Fact: The Capitals are the only team to win at least one playoff round in each of the last 2 seasons.

Fuck You, Colorado. You couldn't get Columbus in the Playoffs.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#580 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:57 AM

Well, C-Bus was last year's laughing stock of the NHL, and this year they finished agonizingly, frustratingly just "outside" of playoff contention. They were done in by their OT losses. Going forward, they have an excellent goalie in Bobs as well as a solid offensive core. Fuck yeah, C-Bus. You may not have made it this year, but you put up a hell of a fight and really proved a lot of naysayers wrong. Can't wait to see Chicago send Suter and Parise to their early overpaid vacations in a week or so.

Same with the Caps. Caps-Rangers? Who cares? Neither team is cup bound. This year is for the fucking Blackhawks (gawd, them or the Pens, gross gross gross).

God, the NHL SE division is so pitiful. I'm going to need to find something new to mock next season after realignment, yes? Or maybe I'll just relish in the Caps fans whining once their team has to play in a competitive division for a change.

Oh, who am I kidding? Caps fans don't complain when their team loses; they just stop being hockey fans.
Posted Image

#581 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:46 AM

Quite sad not to see Gudas pestering Farros tonight. Surprised Vinny got into that fight. Met quite a few old Lightning today. Chris Kontos, Brian Bradley and Pavel Kubina. Great guys to talk with. Pavel was actually surprised to hear I play C level hockey with my body lol. Lightning lost but oh well. Great night tonight none the less.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#582 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

It's only fitting that the new captain leads the team to a victory and into the playoffs. 2 goal performance by Zetterberg. Wings also come in hot into the playoffs with their 4 game winning streak (best they had this season). Love the matchup against the Ducks. Hate Getzlaf and Perry and it's the only team from the top 3 that the Wings have a realistic chance against. Bring on the Playoffs.

Edited by Nifty_Shark, 28 April 2013 - 05:28 AM.

#583 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

Detoilets vs Fucks? GO DETOILETS!

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#584 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

I hope the Penguins face the Islanders. That would be really entertaining. I like that matchup for the Islanders.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#585 Canadian_Man

Canadian_Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Pity for Columbus, I would have liked to see them make it in.

#586 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

For the west I'm betting on Chicago to beat Minnesota in round one. The Anaheim and Detroit games should be good. I'm expecting San Jose to beat Vancouver. As for St. Louis and L.A. I'm expecting L.A. to take this one like they did last year in round two only this year it wont be a sweep. I see St. Louis winning at least one game and this is coming from a St. Louis fan. I hope they beat L.A., but the reality is they are 0-10 or 0-8 against L.A.

At least I will be able to see some east coast games with them on NBC.
Posted Image

#587 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

Well, C-Bus was last year's laughing stock of the NHL, and this year they finished agonizingly, frustratingly just "outside" of playoff contention. They were done in by their OT losses. Going forward, they have an excellent goalie in Bobs as well as a solid offensive core. Fuck yeah, C-Bus. You may not have made it this year, but you put up a hell of a fight and really proved a lot of naysayers wrong. Can't wait to see Chicago send Suter and Parise to their early overpaid vacations in a week or so.

Another thing that done the Jackets in was the horrible start to the season. I really hope Bob wins the Venza. I'm proud of this team. The tide has turned in Columbus, Ohio. Nationwide Arena was electric last night! I can't wait for the off season moves, & next season. 3 first round picks in a deep draft! It's time for Jarmo and JD to earn their paychecks.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#588 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:45 AM

Boston blew it yet again.

PIT-NYI
MON-OTT
WSH-NYR
BOS-TOR

CHI-MIN
ANH-DET
VAN-SJS
STL-LAK
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#589 Canadian_Man

Canadian_Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:00 AM

I'm guessing playoff schedule comes out tomorrow?

#590 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

Boston blew it yet again.

And I got to be there to see it, again. The Lucic fight happened right in front of me though.

#591 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

I'm guessing playoff schedule comes out tomorrow?

Nope they have been posted.

PIT-NYI
Spoiler

MON-OTT
Spoiler

WSH-NYR
Spoiler

BOS-TOR
Spoiler

CHI-MIN
Spoiler

ANH-DET
Spoiler

VAN-SJS
Spoiler

STL-LAK
Spoiler

All are in eastern time.

Took them from http://www.sbnation....3-quarterfinals.
Posted Image

#592 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Predictions:

EAST:

Pittsburgh- New York Islanders: PENS
Montreal- Ottawa: SENS (Montreal riot incoming)
Washington- New York Rangers: CAPS (Rick Nash scores only 1 goal and Torts gets fired)
Boston- Toronto: BRUINS

WEST:

Chicago- Minnesota: BLACKHAWKS
Anaheim- Detroit: RED WINGS (homer pick)
Vancouver- San Jose: CANUCKS
St. Louis- Los Angeles: KINGS (I don't want to watch the Blues)

#593 Jimbo Slice

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

Predictions:

EAST:

Pittsburgh- New York Islanders: PENS
Montreal- Ottawa: HABS
Washington- New York Rangers: RAGS

WEST:

Anaheim- Detroit: DUCKS
Vancouver- San Jose: SHARKS (MY PRESEASON CUP PICK, GOTTA RIDE THEM ALL THE WAY BABY)
St. Louis- Los Angeles: KINGS

#594 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

I can't see it being anything other than a Pens-Hawks Cup Final. They're simply too dominant this season, and their first round opponents don't even belong in the playoffs.
Posted Image

#595 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

Pens - Islanders: Islanders (I can dream right... ?)
Habs - Sens: Sens (I can dream right... ?)
Caps - Rangers: Don't care (Meh)
Bruins - Leafs: Leafs (I can dream right... ?)

Hawks - Wild: Hawks
Fucks - Wings: Detoilet (Fuck the fucks...)
Canucks - Sharks: Cansucks (Sharts will show up and literally give away the game... See Turn over stat...)
Blues - Queens: Blues

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#596 jsmc

jsmc

You're killin' me Smalls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

Can't wait to get the playoffs underway.

Let's go Hawks!

Pittsburgh- New York Islanders: Penguins (although, I'd like to see the Isles make some waves)
Montreal- Ottawa: Sens
Washington- New York Rangers: Rangers
Boston- Toronto: Maple Leafs

WEST:

Chicago- Minnesota: Hawks
Anaheim- Detroit: Red Wings (as much as it pains me to say this)
Vancouver- San Jose: Sharks
St. Louis- Los Angeles: Kings

Edited by GetWhatYaGive, 30 April 2013 - 02:07 AM.
added to post

#597 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

EAST:

Pittsburgh- New York Islanders: PENGUINS
Montreal- Ottawa: SENATORS
Washington- New York Rangers: CAPITALS

WEST:

Anaheim- Detroit: ANAHEIM
Vancouver- San Jose: CANUCKS
St. Louis- Los Angeles: KINGS

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#598 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:33 AM

EAST:
Pittsburgh- New York Islanders: Islanders (I can dream)
Montreal- Ottawa: Senators
Washington- New York Rangers: Washington
Boston- Toronto: Toronto

WEST:
Chicago- Minnesota: Chicago
Anaheim- Detroit: Detroit
Vancouver- San Jose: San Jose
St. Louis- Los Angeles: St. Louis ( I can dream again!)

I wish it would a Senators vs Detroit Stanley cup. But I can only dream.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#599 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

My way

Eastern Conference:
Pittsburgh v. NY Islanders - Pittsburgh in 6
- I think NY will give Pittsburgh trouble, and it might force Pittsburgh to play Crosby sooner than they want.
Montreal v. Ottawa - Montreal in 5
- Montreal played well in the final 2 games, and they'll basically have home ice for all 7 games in this series.
Washington v. NY Rangers - Washington in 6
- I think the Capitals are playing really good hockey right now, and the Rangers aren't as good of a team as they were last year.
Boston v. Toronto - Boston in 7
- Both teams really struggled at the end of the season, so this is a perfect series for both to get the kinks out of the way, but I think Boston snaps out of it first.

Western Conference:
Chicago v. Minnesota - Chicago in 4
- This one is entirely on Minnesota. I can't see how they matchup with the Blackhawks at any level right now.
Anaheim v. Detroit - Detroit in 6
- Detroit matches up extremely well with Anaheim, not to mention that they're playing really well at a good time.
Vancouver v. San Jose - San Jose in 5
- San Jose has deceptively good goaltending and they swept the season series versus the Canucks.
St. Louis vs. Los Angeles - Los Angeles in 7
- I can't see this going anything but 7 games, but I give the Kings the advantage because they're the reigning Champions.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#600 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

WOW, I'm glad to see some thinking the Blues will beat the Kings and even one person thinking it wont be a sweep and go to 7. I'm expecting Chicago to go all the way to the finals, but lose to an east coast team. I'm hoping that some how the Blues can some how make it to the finals, but I realize their history and I will be happy if the game against the Kings isn't a sweep.

With me working nights now and having things to do on the weekends I will be lucky to see any playoff games.

EDIT: Looks like the Vegas odds are out. That is if it is not fake.

Spoiler

Edited by sendme, 30 April 2013 - 06:35 PM.

Posted Image