NHL 2012-2013 Season- Let's do this. Games start January 19

• Please log in to reply
884 replies to this topic

#61 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

Bought tickets to the Wolves/Ice Hogs game this Sunday. At least I'll be able to see some good young Blackhawks talent on the ice this season.

#62 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

Thanks EA and ESPN. lol...

http://www.youtube.c...UAxMzQ5OTc5Njc5

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#63 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

Watching my first KHL game. It's odd, although it's nice they have English commentators. Liking the No touch icing and that they don't dump it from the neutral zone.

Trade List

#64 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

I have tried to watch it, but I just can't get into it.
Posted Image

#65 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

I've been watching AHL and college hockey, it can be boring at times (particularly the AHL) but at least you can follow players in your team's system. Some colleges stream their home games for free.

#66 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...related-revenue

We might get a full season of hockey people...

Formerly known as slickkill77

#67 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Dear players...

DO ET!

Thanks, Vipfreak

Trade List

#68 Viol8tor

Viol8tor

Go Lakers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

November 2nd? Amazing. I hope so.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#69 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

So the playoffs will end around July 4?

Nevermind. "Well into June".

#70 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

50/50? Wow...who would have thought that that would be the most fair option? lol. They really need lawyers to figure this stuff out? Haha. In all seriousness, I know it gets way more technical with merchandising and other revenue streams, but seriously, it's hard to dispute an argument that the players and owners are EQUALLY responsible for both the successes and failures of the league. 50/50 should be carved into stone for the next 100 years. Now get those players who went overseas back here ASAP!

#71 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

Come on players... End this thing and lets play some hockey!
Posted Image

#72 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

Well I hope this works out and we get a full NHL season. Haven't bothered watching any KHL (except some highlights).

#73 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...-letter-players

Donald Fehr is a f*cking moron if he gets the players to reject this deal. Stop being so f*cking greedy and accept it.

The players were asking for it really by hiring this guy
With the NHL locking out at midnight on September 15, 2012, Fehr has become the only Executive Director to be directly involved in work stoppages in two sports. Six of the eight contract negotiations he has been involved in have resulted in work stoppages, including five consecutive negotiations between the MLBPA and Major League Baseball

#74 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

Stop being so f*cking greedy and accept it.

Fehr asks: "As you will see, at the 5 percent industry growth rate the owners predict, the salary reduction over six years exceeds $1.6 billion. What do the owners offer in return?"

I think that is a reasonable question.
Posted Image

#75 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

The NHL trying to get a better TV contract and more teams would be a good start.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#76 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

Fehr asks: "As you will see, at the 5 percent industry growth rate the owners predict, the salary reduction over six years exceeds $1.6 billion. What do the owners offer in return?"

I think that is a reasonable question.

There won't be any growth if they cancel the season. Its going to hurt the NHL bad. Look I'm all for guys trying to make the most money possible and I'm not supporting the owners, but these guys are getting paid millions to play hockey. Accept the god damn deal and be happy. The longer they hold out the worse its going to be for everyone.

The NHL trying to get a better TV contract and more teams would be a good start.

Isn't the number of teams at the moment the issue? With a lot of small market teams struggling that sounds like a bad idea. More Canadian teams maybe, but they'll have to be relocated from the current struggling teams

#77 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

There won't be any growth if they cancel the season. Its going to hurt the NHL bad. Look I'm all for guys trying to make the most money possible and I'm not supporting the owners, but these guys are getting paid millions to play hockey. Accept the god damn deal and be happy. The longer they hold out the worse its going to be for everyone.

Look, I want hockey as much as you do. The previous CBA did more to benefit owners than players, and hockey related revenue grew tremendously during that time. Teams are profitable to the extent that they don't make blunderous errors like Nashville did in match Philly's offer to Shea Weber (though I admit as a Flyers guy I have skin in that deal). Heck, even Nashville was profitable under this CBA (though we'll see that they look like in 13 months after they have to pat Weber $52m).

If the owners were in a bad way, the rollbacks in this CBA would make sense. But the fact is the became wealthier under the previous CBA, and now they're trying to extract more from the players. If the teams were going under or losing money, that would make sense. But that is not the premise.

Given those facts, to demand players simply give up and return to the ice demonstrates who is truly *greedy*. You, the fan.
Posted Image

#78 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:28 AM

Posted Image

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#79 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

Honestly, I would love some hockey. How ever, if it's not going to happen, it's not going to happen. I want to see the players get a fair deal, but 50/50 just won't cut it imho.

Anyways, Jeff Vinick gave away the first 50k to the Lightning community hero Tuesday which was suppose to be the Lightning Opener. Glad to see him still giving our community heroes money even with out a season right now. Plus, if they aren't using the ice, My buddies and I will. Which we have been.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#80 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

Isn't the number of teams at the moment the issue? With a lot of small market teams struggling that sounds like a bad idea. More Canadian teams maybe, but they'll have to be relocated from the current struggling teams

I'm being perfectly honest here: Charlotte

100% ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for a hockey town. There are tons of hockey fans here that migrated from New York, Pittsburgh, Canada, Washington, etc. The only problem we have is that Time Warner Cable Arena wasn't built to house hockey too.

Since we don't have a Professional Basketball team anymore, it'd be a great fit.

For Canada, the debate is between Hamilton and Quebec. But I can't imagine Toronto liking another hockey team in Hamilton very much.

In the meantime, an AHL Classic:

CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#81 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

Seattle is in the running for an arena. Will they get a new hockey team, or is someone planning on relocating? Or is this mainly just to bring an NBA team back to the area?

Are the Oilers thinking of moving there?

#82 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

I thought the plan was Phoenix.
Posted Image

#83 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

Phoenix does need to relocate. It's an embarassment trying to keep the Coyotes there. Move em to Seattle and call them the Sonics :)
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#84 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

Yes I am greedy because I want to watch hockey. I forgot we all make millions of dollars and it's the player who are struggling to feed their families :roll:

http://espn.go.com/n...s-step-backward

At this rate I hope the NHL falls to sh*t so they can have their little argument. I honestly get sick of hearing about players and owners crying about money in the NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA. They are millionaires and billionaires. I am not one of those people that thinks players shouldn't be getting paid millions either. They are entertainers. They should get paid what they deserve, but if this season is canceled the NHL is going to regret it big time and the players are going to be the ones that pay for it. It took the NHL 6-8 years to recover from the lockout and a lot of people thought the NHL was going the way of the MLS. They are killing all the good will that has been built up

#85 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:48 AM

I lol'd at the one comment that defended the players with "how would you like it if your salary was reduced by 7%?"

I could live extremely comfortably off that pay cut based on the average NHL salary. Hell, even at minimum NHL salary, that pay cut is still more than the earnings of two minimum wage workers. Considering they would make the other 93%, yeah, I still say Fuck them...

#86 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

I'm not sure why you'd call the millionaire players greedier than the billionaire owners. You're falling for their PR hook, line, and sinker if you think the players are in the wrong here.

In a negotiation, you give and take. All the owners have done is take, take, take without making a single concession. The owners chose to impose this lockout, not the players. The players are willing to play right now while negotiating. But that 7% you ridicule the players for wanting to keep, is apparently enough for the owners to threaten the entire season over. If its a trifling amount for a millionaire then what is it to a billionaire?

#87 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

I'm not sure why you'd call the millionaire players greedier than the billionaire owners. You're falling for their PR hook, line, and sinker if you think the players are in the wrong here.

In a negotiation, you give and take. All the owners have done is take, take, take without making a single concession. The owners chose to impose this lockout, not the players. The players are willing to play right now while negotiating. But that 7% you ridicule the players for wanting to keep, is apparently enough for the owners to threaten the entire season over. If its a trifling amount for a millionaire then what is it to a billionaire?

winner winner chicken dinner.

side note: how is it that we agree on this yet disagree in the vs forum so fervently? ;)
Posted Image

#88 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=643820

#89 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

Fuck it... let em stay locked and lose everything they worked for... Now to figure out how to get AHL games...

Trade List

#90 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

You can get them for $7 a game through: http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/

Sometimes they're streamed for free through the site of the parent team. Pretty sure the Kings are streaming tonight's Manchester Monarchs - Providence Bruins game.