NHL 2012-2013 Season- Let's do this. Games start January 19

• Please log in to reply
884 replies to this topic

#871 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

What the hell is with St. Louis.  Seems like all they are doing is picking up center men.  Has me wondering if Backes will be a wing.

Posted Image

#872 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

Solid names, but seems like they paid each more than I would have expected?

Maybe...but I feel like that kind of thing is always hard to measure. To me, if they work hard, they're worth it. I've seen many players get paid to do absolutely nothing. I'd rather pay a hard worker a little extra than pay a primadonna to underachieve (which I'm hoping they didn't do with Weber...but he needs to have a bounce back season). The key thing is getting the right guys. And like I said, I'm just encouraged that they're going after players, rather than just hoping that someone on the AHL club will be ready.

#873 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Still can't believe Alfie went to Detroit...Detroit barely made it this year, will be interesting to see how things turn out. I assume this is his final season if he's leaving Ottawa after 17-18 years.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#874 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

Detroit is going to be a power house this year. I'm going to the Lightning prospect camp tomorrow to see all the buzz about Drouin.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#875 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:47 AM

Kovalchuk announced his retirement at 30.  http://www.nytimes.c...ussia.html?_r=0

That's a huge shocker.

default.png2.png

#876 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

I'm guessing his family wanted to go back to Russia so he agreed to retire for them.  I expect to hear that he is playing in the KHL in a year or two.

Posted Image

#877 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

Hey everyone. Been a while since I jumped in the thread. Anybody else looked at their teams schedule? I mainly notice that it seems like road trips seemed to be longer or perhaps that's my imagination. I'm not used to seeing these teams from the Atlantic division so often (Red Wings fan for those who don't remember). I also seem to be foggy on how the division games work. I thought for us who have 8 teams we all play each other 4 times but I noticed we have 5 games against the Panthers. Guess I'll have to look that up again. Signing Alfredsson and Weiss is a nice boost and gives the fans that confidence that veteran all stars still choose Detroit when they get the itch to make a run for the Cup late in their career. Not everything is in place as I'm curious how our defense will fare. The team has a surplus on offense. Either that's a good thing to have for inevitable injuries or those extra pieces could be used to acquire a D man by the trade deadline. Also hope that Darren Helm plays this season. He's not a player who makes or breaks this team but his play on the third or fourth line is welcome along with his speed and penalty killing.

#878 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

25th Anniversary of the Gretzky trade to L A today.
Can't help thinking how many more cups they'd have won had they kept that team together.
'89, maybe. '91 & '92 would have been tremendous series' vs Lemieux and the Pens.

....this is why they need to put classic teams in the EA Hockey games dammit.

#879 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

I would love to have a line of Gretzky and Hull in it on an NHL game.

Posted Image

#880 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

NHL 97 has Gretzky on a line with Brett Hull and Geoff Courtnall.
You remember he was traded to St. Louis in Feb of '96 and played with them the rest of that season.

#881 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:29 AM

I know, but I don't want to track down a copy of 97 to play that.  That's why it would be nice to have some more legends in the game even if it is just in HUT.  

Posted Image

#882 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

I'm sure most have seen this by now, but I thought I would post it.  Seems like it will be a little harder for Chicago fans to get tickets to a game against Nashville in Nashville.  Or it is going to cost them a little more.

http://sports.yahoo....wRjb2xvA2FjNA--

As a St. Louis fan I like this idea and wish St. Louis would do the same.  Chicago is only 4 hours away so it isn't that long of a drive for them to come here also.  

Posted Image

#883 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

I'm sure most have seen this by now, but I thought I would post it.  Seems like it will be a little harder for Chicago fans to get tickets to a game against Nashville in Nashville.  Or it is going to cost them a little more.

http://sports.yahoo....wRjb2xvA2FjNA--

As a St. Louis fan I like this idea and wish St. Louis would do the same.  Chicago is only 4 hours away so it isn't that long of a drive for them to come here also.  

That's interesting. I didn't know they were doing this. Not sure how much it will actually accomplish, as the article pointed out that it could possibly anger some Preds fans and that Blackhawks fans could just buy the extra ticket and resell it anyway. I think it would make more sense to just raise the prices for those games with the exception of tickets bought at the box office. This would inconvenience the fans slightly by having to go to Bridgestone to get their tickets...but for a game against Chicago, many might feel it's worth the extra effort. But I guess if they're confident that those games are going to sell out regardless, ensuring that there are more Preds fans than Hawks fans in the arena is the main objective.

#884 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

I think the locking out zip codes/area codes is a good idea for online.  Your idea is better and would work well online also.  Have it set up so that the tickets have to be delivered to the address and if you don't live in one of the zip codes/ area codes you pay a higher price.  Hell you could even make it the closer to Chicago you life the higher the price.

Posted Image

#885 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:03 AM

Lol smh. http://sports.yahoo....26351--nhl.html

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List