NHL 2012-2013 Season- Let's do this. Games start January 19

• Please log in to reply
884 replies to this topic

#91 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

I'd love to use your suggestion, but unfortunately I work evening/nights and the office is shielded from all outside signals. I'm lucky to get one bar at work for txting or checking email. They don't have wifi for us to use either. Thanks though.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#92 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

winner winner chicken dinner.

side note: how is it that we agree on this yet disagree in the vs forum so fervently? ;)

You'll come around eventually.

#93 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

I'm not sure why you'd call the millionaire players greedier than the billionaire owners. You're falling for their PR hook, line, and sinker if you think the players are in the wrong here.

In a negotiation, you give and take. All the owners have done is take, take, take without making a single concession. The owners chose to impose this lockout, not the players. The players are willing to play right now while negotiating. But that 7% you ridicule the players for wanting to keep, is apparently enough for the owners to threaten the entire season over. If its a trifling amount for a millionaire then what is it to a billionaire?

I honestly don't care who's greedier. Both sides are. They are arguing over billions of dollars. It is just stupid when you make that much money to be bitching about it. All I want is hockey. I don't care who wins or who makes more money. All I know is that I don't make millions of dollars playing a game and neither do any of us, but we'd be damn happy if we did. I doubt we'd be bitching about losing a little chunk of money. The owners look like D-Bags too since they are making money outside of hockey, and they signed all those absurd contracts the past few years.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#94 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

Watching an OHL game. THIS is definitely more like it. The commentator saying the KHL is like the NHL was smoking crack. I didn't see any evidence of skill in that game/league. No one could even get a shot off much less keep the puck. These guys in the OHL game are essentially drafted players so it's like seeing a rookie game. I'm good with that.

Trade List

#95 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

Was the OHL game on T.V.? Also the NHL takes players from the KHL, but I think more come from the OHL and AHL than the KHL. I would love to watch some OHL or AHL games.
Posted Image

#96 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

Yeah, nhl network. Unfortuately... That looks like the only game to be aired... :/

:gasp: Maybe I should cave and become a football (still never seen them use their feet...) or Baseball fan... At least there will be hundreds of games on that I can record and watch later... So pathetic...

Trade List

#97 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

Islanders will be playing in Brooklyn starting in 2015. Announcement at 1pm. Unknown if it's a long-term move or interim.

EDIT: 25-year lease is the report.

#98 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Considering the arena they were in is an embarrassment I'm ok with this. Nobody cared about them anymore the entire decade anyway.

#99 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

The last time most people cared about the Islanders was they debuted/aborted the Fisherman logo.

#100 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

That is an absolutely great move for the Islanders.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#101 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:11 AM

Obviously you fucking Asshat...

http://sports.yahoo....10636--nhl.html

Trade List

#102 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

After reading that am I the only one that thinks the 50/50 offer was only given so that their would be an 82 game season? And now that their wont be an 82 game season that deal will come off the table. I really don't think Bettman wants to make a deal. I really think he doesn't want to even have a season.
Posted Image

#103 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

After reading that am I the only one that thinks the 50/50 offer was only given so that their would be an 82 game season? And now that their wont be an 82 game season that deal will come off the table. I really don't think Bettman wants to make a deal. I really think he doesn't want to even have a season.

The record revenues following the last lockout show that, while fans say they won't return, inevitably do. Not only that, but more follow. There's no incentive to avoid a lockout for fear of fan reprisal (currently). Just like people kvetch about Christmas displays in stores before Halloween - yes, it's annoying, but market research shows that people do start their Christmas shopping now, if not sooner. So something we wish were true, in both cases, isn't borne out by evidence. In both, the opposite is the case.

The NHLPA threw down three offers last week, one of them being a "expose the NHL owners" CBA. In it, the current CBA remained intact, with one change - 50/50 sharing of revenue. They NHLPA conceded that, and everything else remained - including the major sticking point, honoring existing player contracts fully in terms of length and cost. The NHL owners refused all of them around 15 minutes after they were submitted. In doing so, the owners outed themselves as the villains and the continued cause of stoppage in the season. The players gave them the greatest concession they wanted, but in the end, that was not good enough for them. The owners want to have their cake and eat it too - they want players to be bound to honor their contracts, while the owners wish to modify the terms of the contracts that were negotiated, in good faith, with the players. They want to Fuck the players, and they want to do so at the fans' expense (missing out on a season).

The ball has always been in the owners' court, from my vantage point, to make concessions on the terms of the CBA. Their refusal to accept a shift from 57/43 HRR sharing to 50/50 HRR sharing exposes their greed.
Posted Image

#104 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

The record revenues following the last lockout show that, while fans say they won't return, inevitably do. Not only that, but more follow. There's no incentive to avoid a lockout for fear of fan reprisal (currently). Just like people kvetch about Christmas displays in stores before Halloween - yes, it's annoying, but market research shows that people do start their Christmas shopping now, if not sooner. So something we wish were true, in both cases, isn't borne out by evidence. In both, the opposite is the case.

The NHLPA threw down three offers last week, one of them being a "expose the NHL owners" CBA. In it, the current CBA remained intact, with one change - 50/50 sharing of revenue. They NHLPA conceded that, and everything else remained - including the major sticking point, honoring existing player contracts fully in terms of length and cost. The NHL owners refused all of them around 15 minutes after they were submitted. In doing so, the owners outed themselves as the villains and the continued cause of stoppage in the season. The players gave them the greatest concession they wanted, but in the end, that was not good enough for them. The owners want to have their cake and eat it too - they want players to be bound to honor their contracts, while the owners wish to modify the terms of the contracts that were negotiated, in good faith, with the players. They want to Fuck the players, and they want to do so at the fans' expense (missing out on a season).

The ball has always been in the owners' court, from my vantage point, to make concessions on the terms of the CBA. Their refusal to accept a shift from 57/43 HRR sharing to 50/50 HRR sharing exposes their greed.

Yea fans will return because we love the sport. I remember for a few years after the lockout though, it was not looking pretty for the sport.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#105 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

I must say, this blog is quite entertaining.

http://thebarnstorme...t-nhler-day-25/

Doubt we will ever find out who it is though.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#106 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

Some of them comments I think they might be out of the NHL if it was found out about. I'm talking about the one about getting high and the one about Dallas.
Posted Image

#107 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

Announcement to cancel November's games coming soon:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=408130

That blog has to be written by a Canadian. He references kilometers. We need some detectives to figure this out.

1) He mentions "Downse-y", probably a teammate, because who else would give a guy a nickname like that?

2) Best city to go out after a game: Montreal.

3) He's an Expos fan.

4) Maybe he plays for Montreal? I'm guessing it's P.K. Subban.

5) He's playing in Germany:

http://thebarnstorme...t-nhler-day-30/

Maybe it's Jamie Benn from Dallas.

Next guess is someone who played/plays for Ottawa (mentions Radek Bonk and Alexander Daigle): Chris Neil?

http://thebarnstorme...t-nhler-day-38/

No. I don't think he's in Europe.

Edited by shieryda, 26 October 2012 - 02:13 PM.

#108 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

This entry is pretty hilarious:

http://thebarnstorme...t-nhler-day-39/

#109 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

That blog has to be written by a Canadian. He references kilometers. We need some detectives to figure this out.

He also refers to his mother as "mum," which is not a very typical term if you're a North American.

Referencing kilometers only means he may not be American, since the rest of the bloody world (but the US) uses metric.

Alternately, if he's a savvy player, he'll mix things up that might serve as clues so as to throw us off. Though eating cheesey puffs and getting high means it could be anybody. Except perhaps Tim Thomas.
Posted Image

#110 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

Sounds like he might be a bit of a brawler, too. And someone who may play in the Northeast or Atlantic Division (Eastern Conference, for sure).

Then again, this may just be a big entertaining hoax.

#111 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=408188

#112 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Glad yall are enjoying it. Some of his entries are so damn funny.

I always laugh when I read this one

" Best cities to catch your linemate get a tugger from a tranny behind the rink after a loss in which he gave the puck away trying to make a move at his own blue line in the last two minutes of a tied game: Dallas."

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#113 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

Sounds like he might be a bit of a brawler, too. And someone who may play in the Northeast or Atlantic Division (Eastern Conference, for sure).

Given the list of players they hate? Maybe. Clearly not a Flyer, though I was initially thinking Scott Hartnell given the blog on pants shitting. I dunno, just strikes me as the kind of thing he might do. Also, yeah: brawler.

Then again, this may just be a big entertaining hoax.

Perhaps. They've got nothing better to do right now, for the most part. It's fun to read, and possibly pretend it's so-and-so.
Posted Image

#114 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

On the topic of players with too much time on their hands, I saw this yesterday:

http://www.thepostga...hilarious-prank

#115 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

A friend of mine sent me this on Facebook:

Posted Image

#116 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Pathetically hilarious... Thanks.

Trade List

#117 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

I thought the NHL 13 part was the best. I think that might be due to me playing in the league for the 360 and hating all the issues with the game.

Also I will see if I can find it, but Yahoo posted a video of a player playing a joke on another one at some training camp.

EDIT: Never mind I might have been thinking of the link n8rockerasu posted.
Posted Image

#118 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Winter Classic cancelled. At this point, they should just call off the rest of the regular season.

#119 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

They're dead to me... It's probably for the better anyways.. I'm drowning in games to play.

Trade List

#120 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

Might as well just cancel the season now. That's what will happen anyway.
Posted Image