Romney is releasing his tax returns!! :O

highoffcoffee496

CAGiversary!
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...x-return-paid-irs-14-181125301--election.html

"Looking to blunt relentless Democratic attacks, Mitt Romney is to release on Friday his 2011 tax return, a summary of his effective tax rates for the past two decades and, for good measure, two doctors' notes attesting to the good physical health of the candidate and his running mate, Paul Ryan.
The tax return was to be released at 3 p.m. Eastern time on the website www.mittromney.com/disclosure."

I bet he's releasing them to distract everyone from the secret video scandal....

[quote name='camoor']First thoughts: less juicy then I thought but not all that favorable either. There's a reason he's releasing them on a Friday afternoon.[/QUOTE]

He could've released them on any Friday afternoon and they'd be gone by Monday's news cycle. That's standard with any news story nowadays.

I am really not trying to be a dick about this but how stupid does Romney think people are in this country? I know I know he gave a bunch of money to charity (most likely most of it to the Mormon Church) but to intentionally leave some out just so he can say he did not dip below 13% effective tax rate is just more bending of the truth. I just hate how he says he never pays more than legally obligated yet ignores the fact the tax code is skewed towards investment and not work. Work being the thing that actually MADE this country great like most conservatives constantly spout off about. I am conflicted because it is more money than I will ever contribute but to pretend like it is a level playing field is wrong.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/21/mitt-romney-tax-return_n_1904573.html

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am really not trying to be a dick about this but how stupid does Romney think people are in this country? I know I know he gave a bunch of money to charity (most likely most of it to the Mormon Church) but to intentionally leave some out just so he can say he did not dip below 13% effective tax rate is just more bending of the truth. I just hate how he says he never pays more than legally obligated yet ignores the fact the tax code is skewed towards investment and not work. Work being the thing that actually MADE this country great like most conservatives constantly spout off about. I am conflicted because it is more money than I will ever contribute but to pretend like it is a level playing field is wrong.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/21/mitt-romney-tax-return_n_1904573.html[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. My thought is that he's already being slammed for the 47% video so he's releasing this the same week.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am really not trying to be a dick about this but how stupid does Romney think people are in this country? I know I know he gave a bunch of money to charity (most likely most of it to the Mormon Church) but to intentionally leave some out just so he can say he did not dip below 13% effective tax rate is just more bending of the truth. I just hate how he says he never pays more than legally obligated yet ignores the fact the tax code is skewed towards investment and not work. Work being the thing that actually MADE this country great like most conservatives constantly spout off about. I am conflicted because it is more money than I will ever contribute but to pretend like it is a level playing field is wrong.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/21/mitt-romney-tax-return_n_1904573.html[/QUOTE]

I actually don't have a problem with someone not paying more then they owe - only a moron pays more then they owe. I have a problem with a guy who knows the rules are rigged in favor of the rich, and pledges to rig that system even harder if elected.

Romney can keep his damn money for all I care, keep it and go back to whatever country club enclave he crawled out of. I want a president who starts making the rich pay their fair share!

[quote name='camoor']I actually don't have a problem with someone not paying more then they owe - only a moron pays more then they owe. I have a problem with a guy who knows the rules are rigged in favor of the rich, and pledges to rig that system even harder if elected.

Romney can keep his damn money for all I care, keep it and go back to whatever country club enclave he crawled out of. I want a president who starts making the rich pay their fair share![/QUOTE]

I can almost guarantee that Romney goes back and amends his tax return to get that money back after he loses the election.

[quote name='camoor']I actually don't have a problem with someone not paying more then they owe - only a moron pays more then they owe. I have a problem with a guy who knows the rules are rigged in favor of the rich, and pledges to rig that system even harder if elected.

Romney can keep his damn money for all I care, keep it and go back to whatever country club enclave he crawled out of. I want a president who starts making the rich pay their fair share![/QUOTE]

LOL i hope if obama wins he taxes rich people so much they tell people like you to go

fuck yourself and closes down all of the factories

LET SEE WHAT YOU DO THEN O i forgot Most people already sit on their asses and think the rest of the working public OWES YOU WELFARE

HELL need a pay raise just POP OUT ANOTHER BABY

love how they say Corporation - DONT PAY ENOUGH but noone cares about any of the SPORTS or MOVIE STARS who make MILLIONS OF BUCKS

Like i said 4 years ago with HOPE AND CHANGE

had a bumper sticker made that said

YOU BETTER HOPE YOUR GOING TO HAVE CHANGE TO PAY FOR YOUR BILLS

but people on welfare will vote for him cause if he LOSES they will be forced to go back to work and they will NEVER DO THAT

RELEASE YOUR SCHOOL RECORDS OBAMA WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU HIDING

and notice that OBAMA has never WON ANYTHING WITHOUT slandering the other person

[quote name='slidecage']LOL i hope if obama wins he taxes rich people so much they tell people like you to go

fuck yourself and closes down all of the factories

LET SEE WHAT YOU DO THEN O i forgot Most people already sit on their asses and think the rest of the working public OWES YOU WELFARE

HELL need a pay raise just POP OUT ANOTHER BABY

love how they say Corporation - DONT PAY ENOUGH but noone cares about any of the SPORTS or MOVIE STARS who make MILLIONS OF BUCKS

Like i said 4 years ago with HOPE AND CHANGE

had a bumper sticker made that said

YOU BETTER HOPE YOUR GOING TO HAVE CHANGE TO PAY FOR YOUR BILLS

but people on welfare will vote for him cause if he LOSES they will be forced to go back to work and they will NEVER DO THAT

RELEASE YOUR SCHOOL RECORDS OBAMA WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU HIDING

and notice that OBAMA has never WON ANYTHING WITHOUT slandering the other person[/QUOTE]

You have no fucking clue what you are talking about. If Romney was a rich factory owner then he would pay a higher tax rate. He owns no factories. People in the tax bracket like this are earning their income in the stock market. They aren't doing productive investments with their money. Romney could pay 100% tax and it wouldn't impact the economy or shut down factories.

30% of his income went to charity. Where does that money go? If it ultimately goes to feed, clothe and house people, they should pimp that shit.

[quote name='Spokker']30% of his income went to charity. Where does that money go? If it ultimately goes to feed, clothe and house people, they should pimp that shit.[/QUOTE]

That's more than double what Obama gave in donations in 2010 in terms of percentage of earnings, not money given. So Romney is the more charitable guy but he's still evil, right libs? And those donations will be better spent by the church and charities than by a wasteful and inefficient government.

As long as what he does is legal when filings his taxes the people on here should be more angry at the IRS for not allowing this in the first place. I can't fault someone for using legal means to keep as much of their money that they earned as possible.

[quote name='Spokker']30% of his income went to charity. Where does that money go? If it ultimately goes to feed, clothe and house people, they should pimp that shit.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jputahraptor']That's more than double what Obama gave in donations in 2010 in terms of percentage of earnings, not money given. So Romney is the more charitable guy but he's still evil, right libs? And those donations will be better spent by the church and charities than by a wasteful and inefficient government.

As long as what he does is legal when filings his taxes the people on here should be more angry at the IRS for not allowing this in the first place. I can't fault someone for using legal means to keep as much of their money that they earned as possible.[/QUOTE]

You do not know much about the Mormon church. While they provide food and other help around the world (especially during disasters), most of that money is spent building Temples, meeting halls and other activities to spread the gospel. They spent 1 billion dollars to buy a downtown mall to renovate and incorporate into the temple square area in Salt Lake City. I lived there for 6 years and trust me when I say the church is more concerned about growing the church and not "charity".

[quote name='jputahraptor']That's more than double what Obama gave in donations in 2010 in terms of percentage of earnings, not money given. So Romney is the more charitable guy but he's still evil, right libs? And those donations will be better spent by the church and charities than by a wasteful and inefficient government.

As long as what he does is legal when filings his taxes the people on here should be more angry at the IRS for not allowing this in the first place. I can't fault someone for using legal means to keep as much of their money that they earned as possible.[/QUOTE]

You should direct your ire at Congress, specifically the Republican majority in the HOR. The legislative branch make the laws that govern how little the rich are taxed, and the Republicans block any legislation to try and fix the problem.

You should also go retake civics 101 at your local HS.

So somewhere along the line I heard that Romney stated that only a fool would pay more then they have to and that a fool shouldn't be elected president. Then on Saturday someone did an analysis of the return and noticed that nearly $2mil in deductions weren't taken. Had they been taken, Romney would have been closer to 11%. Romney is a fool and should not be elected based on his own criteria.

bread's done
Back