• Please log in to reply
586 replies to this topic

#61 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:01 AM

Thanks OP!

This worked on my $10 copy of bf3 I got from bbv by buying a $5 mag!

#62 ger2396

ger2396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:04 AM

I hope no one gets banned, the price clearly stated "free".

#63 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

I hope no one gets banned, the price clearly stated "free".

Anybody take a picture of it they can share so we have proof?

#64 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

I have the limited edition for PS3. I was able to unlock premium. It downloaded 3 100k files: premium unlock, welcome back, and the online pass (again). I'm back in the store now trying to actually download the map packs but the listing won't load now...

Definitely made me a premium member though as my main tile screen has changed.
Posted Image

#65 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:07 AM

It would be hilarious if all of you got banned and you come on here crying and thinking you have some sort of leg to stand on as if you don't full well know that this is either a mistake or a glitch.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#66 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:08 AM

I have the limited edition for PS3. I was able to unlock premium. It downloaded 3 100k files: premium unlock, welcome back, and the online pass (again). I'm back in the store now trying to actually download the map packs but the listing won't load now...

Definitely made me a premium member though as my main tile screen has changed.

Just now? or you mean earlier?

#67 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Just got it and am downloading all three expansions.
They'll most likely just revoke Premium status. Anything else would be unreasonable.

Oh you poor fool, this is EA your talking about. The company that started the 10 dollar online passes. the company that makes you pay for DLC even though the DICE leads hated paid for DLC just 2 years ago.

plus any of you claiming it was FREE are clearly wrong why offer it for free on the consoles and not the PC version. The console versions likely operate on a different system then the PC one does which explains why PC wouldn't be affected and is rather good proof it was a glitch or someone messed up.

Plus what are you going to do sue EA which would cost more then the DLC is even worth? Yup, good luck on that.

Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#68 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

you have to exit out and enter back in then hit the premium tab next to all and you can d/l the maps

#69 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Anybody take a picture of it they can share so we have proof?

I snapped one for my invoice page of Armored Kill for $0.00 before downloading but I didn't bother with taking ones of the main Store page or the description of the Welcome Pack. It states in more than one place that it's free.

If they fixed it, I barely managed to squeeze in. Will possibly post it tomorrow if I have time and motivation.

#70 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:09 AM

It would be hilarious if all of you got banned and you come on here crying and thinking you have some sort of leg to stand on as if you don't full well know that this is either a mistake or a glitch.

Sounds like EA's problem, not mine. If an advertised price was "free" and I got it for "free" we've done nothing wrong.

That being said, if this works out for us then I feel bad for those who paid...
Posted Image

#71 .Azaria

.Azaria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

Hope they don't sudden make charges to your bank account for this

#72 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Just now? or you mean earlier?

Now. 5 minutes ago.
Posted Image

#73 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Sounds like EA's problem, not mine. If an advertised price was "free" and I got it for "free" we've done nothing wrong.

That being said, if this works out for us then I feel bad for those who paid...

Sounds like if you get banned, it'll be all your problem, hahah.

Good luck to you guys though.

That would be even more interesting because anyone who files a credit card dispute gets their PSN account banned. With that said, I highly doubt they'll do that. That seems like people would actually have a legitimate claim against EA.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#74 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

That would be illegal lol. Plus, not everyone has a CC attached to their account.

#75 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

They can't.
Posted Image

#76 .Azaria

.Azaria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

That would be even more interesting because anyone who files a credit card dispute gets their PSN account banned. With that said, I highly doubt they'll do that.

This is EA we are talking about tho, so who knows -_-

#77 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

So I'm definitely a premium member now but when I try to download the map packs it just hangs on "Retrieving data, please wait..."

Anyone else?
Posted Image

#78 Roopie

Roopie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

Before I saw this thread, I just thought it was a new PS+ Promo. Hope I don't get banned :|

#79 .Azaria

.Azaria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:15 AM

They can't.

If they can't then I'm all in for this

#80 rnocerino

rnocerino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:17 AM

Is there like a double XP weekend or something going on?

#81 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

trust me EA can easily ban you all even if the law isn't on their side. They got money to throw around in court much more then you and you likely signed a agreement that says you can't do class action lawsuits so you'll all be on your own.

hell I bet even consulting with a lawyer who would win and take on the case would cost twice as much as the premium edition of BF3. So no it's not like any of you will sue anyways and a judge won't care about a video game.

#82 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

Thanks OP!

This worked on my $10 copy of bf3 I got from bbv by buying a $5 mag!

What you found a copy of BF3? I can't believe that since I heard BB are sold out of all copies.:roll:

BumslieOG.png

#83 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

Before I saw this thread, I just thought it was a new PS+ Promo. Hope I don't get banned :|

Wrong! If it was PS+ it would of been issue in the PSN store as it *always* is. Not via a in game storefront.

#84 foreinter

foreinter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

It's still free and you just need to scroll down to the bottom to select the Premium Edition. Then go to the premium in the menu and download each map pack. But all my three map packs are pending at 0%.

#85 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Fixed my issue. If anything is having similar problems downloading the packs once unlocking premium, you can exit out of the game and download them from the store. The price will have changed to "free" once your premium unlock has downloaded and installed.

Fuck you, EA!
Posted Image

#86 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

wow thats crazy. wish i didnt go out and pay 50 for premium now...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#87 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:23 AM

I am confused whether I use glitch or not..If they ban my account..

#88 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

trust me EA can easily ban you all even if the law isn't on their side. They got money to throw around in court much more then you and you likely signed a agreement that says you can't do class action lawsuits so you'll all be on your own.

hell I bet even consulting with a lawyer who would win and take on the case would cost twice as much as the premium edition of BF3. So no it's not like any of you will sue anyways and a judge won't care about a video game.

If EA banned everyone, the most that would happen is a bunch of crying on the Internet.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#89 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

They can't.

Have you read all the terms of conditions for microsoft and sony? They cover all their bases in there. You can still file a dispute and most likely you will get your money back, however, keep in mind that if you file a lot of disputes your bank or credit card will drop you. Some companies are really strict if they are the ones taking a loss.

#90 Bmvc1

Bmvc1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Their mistake or glitch. They have every right revoke it, they have no right to ban us.