Battlefield 3 Premium upgrade free?!

• Please log in to reply
586 replies to this topic

#91 ger2396

ger2396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

It's still free and you just need to scroll down to the bottom to select the Premium Edition. Then go to the premium in the menu and download each map pack. But all my three map packs are pending at 0%.

Try quitting the game, then see if they download.

#92 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

Their mistake or glitch. They have every right revoke it, they have no right to ban us.

Because clearly you read the *whole* ToU when you made a EA account, right or anytime it got updated?

Again people got Ea accounts banned for cussing on the Ea forums. This is *much* worse then that.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#93 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

Their mistake or glitch. They have every right revoke it, they have no right to ban us.

Are you a lawyer or are you pulling shit out of your ass? This is the same company that has banned people from accessing all of their single player PC content for cussing on their forums.

Because clearly you read the *whole* ToU when you made a EA account, right or anytime it got updated?

Again people got Ea accounts banned for cussing on the Ea forums. This is *much* worse then that.

Hahah, exactly. This is literally stealing.

Granted, I don't think you people will get banned, but it would be poetic justice.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#94 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:27 AM

If EA banned everyone, the most that would happen is a bunch of crying on the Internet.

I would like to see it happen and bath in the rage. I know we are on a site called Cheapass Gamer, but this is ridiculous.

#95 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

I've only skimmed comments but from what I gather the expansion/upgrade is free on the BF3 store. If this is correct then the consumer cannot be blamed.

#96 rbanez

rbanez

Lets just say all those who got it for free will be perma banned. Thats just gotta be Banned from BF3, right? And not Current and future BF games and/or all EA games?

What im playing: 
|  :ps3: Dark Souls II :pray:   |  :vita: Spenlunky |

Recently completed:
- Grand Theft Auto V ( Great game, one of the best this gen )
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#97 Bmvc1

Bmvc1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

No its not. Cursing is against the TOS. How is downloading a piece of DLC for the price listed against the TOS?

#98 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:29 AM

Have you read all the terms of conditions for microsoft and sony? They cover all their bases in there. You can still file a dispute and most likely you will get your money back, however, keep in mind that if you file a lot of disputes your bank or credit card will drop you. Some companies are really strict if they are the ones taking a loss.

No I haven't read them but I'm positive that they cannot go back and charge me for something that I previously purchased for the advertised price of "free." Mistake or not, and even as all-powerful as people say EA is, that is totally and completely against the law. If they want to cancel or revoke my premium status, fine. Ban me? I wouldn't be playing BF3 if it weren't for new maps, anyway.
Posted Image

#99 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:29 AM

I've only skimmed comment but from what I gather the expansion/upgrade is free on the PSN store. If this is correct them the consumer cannot be blamed.

Exactly. I don't see why this is turning into a huge debate whether or not they will ban people.

#100 Bmvc1

Bmvc1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

Are you a lawyer or are you pulling shit out of your ass? This is the same company that has banned people from accessing all of their single player PC content for cussing on their forums.

Hahah, exactly. This is literally stealing.

Granted, I don't think you people will get banned, but it would be poetic justice.

How is it steeling? It is listed as free. If I walk into Wal Mart and they have a dvd display that says all DVDs free, how can they arrest me for steeling them?

#101 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

I am on the horns of dilemma....but it is tempting..

#102 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

No its not. Cursing is against the TOS. How is downloading a piece of DLC for the price listed against the TOS?

This.
Posted Image

#103 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

Lets just say all those who got it for free will be perma banned. Thats just gotta be Banned from BF3, right? And not Current and future BF games and/or all EA games?

Now when EA bans, they simply ban the offending EA account. Every online game now uses a EA account. so they'll need to make a new account to play current and future EA online games.

Deadspace 3, ME3, Maddens, etc. And due to this they'll pay 10 dollars per game due to project 10 dollar/online passes.

#104 GBH

GBH

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:32 AM

Why are people so whack? If the bf3 dlc can be downloaded free on a regular ps3 there is no reason for any type of ban. Holy Snikes!
I Didn't Mean To

#105 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:33 AM

How is it steeling? It is listed as free. If I walk into Wal Mart and they have a dvd display that says all DVDs free, how can they arrest me for steeling them?

Seriously lol. What will they do.. be like 'hey guys sorry, it was a mistake. Now, time to go to jail!!! muahahahah'

I think some people are just mad they missed it. Hell, I missed it, but let's not go off the deep end. It's like some people are saying 'I missed out on free premium, so I hope you all get banned' I remember someone saying something similar about the prototype steelbook I think it was. They missed out on being able to order one for $5 and were like "i hope all your orders are cancelled"

#106 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:34 AM

Need to get up in a few hours for work.
About to shut down laptop but decided to check CAG one more time.
See this thread.
Pop in vanilla BF3.
1564 MB update on slow internet
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#107 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

http://imageshack.us...7/photo2qp.jpg/
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#108 Bmvc1

Bmvc1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

It's not like it is listed at 49.99 but there is a glitch allowing you to download it without entering credit card info. That would be stealing. It is listed as FREE, downloading it is not stealing.

#109 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

trust me its EA they will find something in the ToA/ToS/ToU (whatever they call it these days). plus even if they don't, they can still ban you.

Again you won't sue them even if they somehow break contract by banning you. hiring a lawyer to rep you will costs more then a new copy of BF3 would. At worst you'll boycott EA for life, that's it.

#110 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

I literally just bought this like 3 days ago on my PS3 version. Figures. :(

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: The Last of Us Remastered, Murdered: Soul Suspect, The Wolf Among Us

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#111 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

No I haven't read them but I'm positive that they cannot go back and charge me for something that I previously purchased for the advertised price of "free." Mistake or not, and even as all-powerful as people say EA is, that is totally and completely against the law. If they want to cancel or revoke my premium status, fine. Ban me? I wouldn't be playing BF3 if it weren't for new maps, anyway.

The law your refering to is Reg E. Yes it protects consumers from having their accounts charged for no valid reason. EA could easily say that the content downloaded with your isp is priced at $50 and that you clicked downloading agreeing to their terms. You as the consumer could provide a screenshot showing that it was free and would probably win your dispute. If however you had no screenshot showing your console with the price tag as free your bank is by no means obligated to refund you. They do have to take your dispute to be in compliance with Reg E. They do not have to find in your favor and give you the money back.

Most of the time when you file a dispute over something your bank or credit card is the one taking the loss not the merchant. This is why they will cut their ties with you if you make it a regular issue.

#112 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

I actually still see "FREE" pop up sometimes, but you cant' download it. After my "FEATURED" tab loads, on the right will be a picture of Premium, but the RELEASE is listed as "TBA", and what is highlighted is "FEATURED", not the actual Premium item. You can choose select and it will seem like you are about to get it for free, but when you choose "Buy Item" it doesn't do anything. i guess they fixed it, but it's still bugging out.

#113 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:37 AM

So is this confirmed dead? It looks like some people are saying it's back to full price and some said they could still get it.

This update is only 12% done and I have to get some sleep. No need to sit through this if it's dead :/

#114 Bmvc1

Bmvc1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:37 AM

trust me its EA they will find something in the ToA/ToS/ToU (whatever they call it these days). plus even if they don't, they can still ban you.

Again you won't sue them even if they somehow break contract by banning you. hiring a lawyer to rep you will costs more then a new copy of BF3 would. At worst you'll boycott EA for life, that's it.

Who said anything about suing? You sound like a crazy person.

#115 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:38 AM

Does this work only for the vanilla? I have the premium edition, but my roommate plays it too and was hoping he could get it too...

700303.png

9.gif

#116 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

What first comes to mind after some of these comments is, why are people so scared of EA? What are they going to do to people who don't even use CCs on their account and use PSN cards instead? Put a negative amount in your PSN wallet? lol

Didn't this happen with the Michael Jackson Experience for Vita? They put the full version up by mistake instead of the demo. A lot of people downloaded it and got it for free. It wasn't EA, but they didn't go around charging people for it lol. They simply cannot do that.

#117 Roopie

Roopie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

Wrong! If it was PS+ it would of been issue in the PSN store as it *always* is. Not via a in game storefront.

Even if it is, how am I supposed to know that they were not doing a new promo with EA/BF3 specifically?

#118 dizee

dizee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

got it, thanks

dizeeStL.png

#119 Zen Rukasu

Zen Rukasu

Yo No Comprendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

Oh you poor fool, this is EA your talking about. The company that started the 10 dollar online passes. the company that makes you pay for DLC even though the DICE leads hated paid for DLC just 2 years ago.

plus any of you claiming it was FREE are clearly wrong why offer it for free on the consoles and not the PC version. The console versions likely operate on a different system then the PC one does which explains why PC wouldn't be affected and is rather good proof it was a glitch or someone messed up.

Plus what are you going to do sue EA which would cost more then the DLC is even worth? Yup, good luck on that.

I know, I know, EA was mean and bullied you in high school.

But let's be realistic. Not only was this clearly an error on EA's part, but there's no telling how many people did this. There's a chance that even half of all active players could have downloaded it. Ban them all? Sure why not. EA is the devil after all.

#120 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

My point is no one would sue and if they do they aren't just crazy, but just plain stupid. peopel are actting like they can't be banned yet this is the same company that banned him from playing *ALL* of his Orgin games for cussing on a EA forum.

If they thought they had grounds for that, what makes you think getting content that costs 49.99 for free via a glitch would be *any* different?