Battlefield 3 Premium upgrade free?!

• Please log in to reply
586 replies to this topic

#121 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

How is it steeling? It is listed as free. If I walk into Wal Mart and they have a dvd display that says all DVDs free, how can they arrest me for steeling them?

Why are you playing dumb? You know it's a mistake and not supposed to be free. Therefore, you know you are getting something that isn't free for free. That is stealing.

Seriously lol. What will they do.. be like 'hey guys sorry, it was a mistake. Now, time to go to jail!!! muahahahah'

I think some people are just mad they missed it. Hell, I missed it, but let's not go off the deep end. It's like some people are saying 'I missed out on free premium, so I hope you all get banned' I remember someone saying something similar about the prototype steelbook I think it was. They missed out on being able to order one for $5 and were like "i hope all your orders are cancelled"

Nope, and I have a PM conversation to prove it. I had a chance to jump on this and I didn't. Just like I didn't download the Michael Jackson Vita game for free when there was a glitch that would give you the full version when you downloaded the demo.

Who said anything about suing? You sound like a crazy person.

That's because no one has suffered any negative repercussions yet. Gamers always talk about suing.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#122 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:43 AM

So is this confirmed dead? It looks like some people are saying it's back to full price and some said they could still get it.

This update is only 12% done and I have to get some sleep. No need to sit through this if it's dead :/

Logged into another account and its still showing up as free for me. You have to be under the "All" tab and scroll all the way down.

#123 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:43 AM

My point is no one would sue and if they do they aren't just crazy, but just plain stupid. peopel are actting like they can't be banned yet this is the same company that banned him from playing *ALL* of his Orgin games for cussing on a EA forum.

If they thought they had grounds for that, what makes you think getting content that costs 49.99 for free via a glitch would be *any* different?

The point someone made earlier is that cussing is clearly stated against their TOS. I doubt they have anything in their TOS that says "You will be banned if we mistakenly label something on the PSN and you download it". I mean sure, they can ban people, but I just very highly doubt it. It's not like people are hacking or using some exploit to cheat the system.

Were some of you attacked by a rabid gang of EA as children?

#124 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

I know, I know, EA was mean and bullied you in high school.

But let's be realistic. Not only was this clearly an error on EA's part, but there's no telling how many people did this. There's a chance that even half of all active players could have downloaded it. Ban them all? Sure why not. EA is the devil after all.

I dislike EA for the Steam debacle as a PC gamer and following activision in DLC pricing for BF3. However I just bought BF3 for 10 dollars yesterday on orgin. So I'm not boycotting EA I just really really dislike them. They made progress years ago but have been sliding down a cliff face in terms of consumer relations recently.

it's people thinking they can not be possibly banned that I'm having a issue with right now. Just don't be surprised if and when EA bans your accounts. This is far more likely to happen if your still able to download and play DLC you didn't actually pay for.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#125 Quezz

Quezz

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

I wonder how this will turn out.

#126 Bmvc1

Bmvc1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

My point is no one would sue and if they do they aren't just crazy, but just plain stupid. peopel are actting like they can't be banned yet this is the same company that banned him from playing *ALL* of his Orgin games for cussing on a EA forum.

If they thought they had grounds for that, what makes you think getting content that costs 49.99 for free via a glitch would be *any* different?

Because it was not listed as $49.99. It was listed as free and I have proof of that. Every time a company lowers a price or offers something for free am I supposed to be scared to download it? There will be a lot more people who don't come to forums like this who see it for free and just think it's supposed to be free, if they are banned they would have absolutely no idea why.

#127 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Logged into another account and its still showing up as free for me. You have to be under the "All" tab and scroll all the way down.

Thanks for the info. Update is at 22% right now so I guess I'll wait it out.

#128 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

The point someone made earlier is that cussing is clearly stated against their TOS. I doubt they have anything in their TOS that says "You will be banned if we mistakenly label something on the PSN and you download it". I mean sure, they can ban people, but I just very highly doubt it. It's not like people are hacking or using some exploit to cheat the system.

Were some of you attacked by a rabid gang of EA as children?

We're not scared of them, we just know it doesn't take much for them to ban someone. I guess we'll all find out what happens in the next couple days. Instilling a little fear and guilt into the people who took advantage of this is a plus.

Because it was not listed as $49.99. It was listed as free and I have proof of that. Every time a company lowers a price or offers something for free am I supposed to be scared to download it? There will be a lot more people who don't come to forums like this who see it for free and just think it's supposed to be free, if they are banned they would have absolutely no idea why.

Yes, because it's not like there are things like promo flyers and official websites and official Facebook pages and official Twitter pages that would announce free promotions that are actually supposed to be free. My bad, maybe you're not playing dumb.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#129 Bmvc1

Bmvc1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:47 AM

I remember when the Mass Effect 3 single player demo leaked onto Live like 5 months before release, the demo was very unfinished. People were saying EA would ban everyone who downloaded it. Nothing happened.

#130 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:47 AM

The law your refering to is Reg E. Yes it protects consumers from having their accounts charged for no valid reason. EA could easily say that the content downloaded with your isp is priced at $50 and that you clicked downloading agreeing to their terms. You as the consumer could provide a screenshot showing that it was free and would probably win your dispute. If however you had no screenshot showing your console with the price tag as free your bank is by no means obligated to refund you. They do have to take your dispute to be in compliance with Reg E. They do not have to find in your favor and give you the money back.

Most of the time when you file a dispute over something your bank or credit card is the one taking the loss not the merchant. This is why they will cut their ties with you if you make it a regular issue.

You keep referring to their "terms." Please show me in their terms of agreement where it says "EA reserves the right to charge your credit card, at any later date, for any previous purchase made if EA determines that it should have charged you more at the time of purchase."

Until then, please stop speculating.
Posted Image

#131 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

We're not scared of them, we just know it doesn't take much for them to ban someone. I guess we'll all find out what happens in the next couple days. Instilling a little fear and guilt into the people who took advantage of this is a plus.

Lol you're silly. Well I guess we'll see what happens to people who downloaded it then. I just don't think it's all doom and gloom as some are speculating.

#132 Bmvc1

Bmvc1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

Why are you playing dumb? You know it's a mistake and not supposed to be free. Therefore, you know you are getting something that isn't free for free. That is stealing.

I don't know that.

#133 Zen Rukasu

Zen Rukasu

Yo No Comprendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

I dislike EA for the Steam debacle as a PC gamer and following activision in DLC pricing for BF3. However I just bought BF3 for 10 dollars yesterday on orgin. So I'm not boycotting EA I just really really dislike them. They made progress years ago but have been sliding down a cliff face in terms of consumer relations recently.

I'm not saying you have to like EA, just that there isn't *anyone* that can just do what they want. Can EA ban people for this? Absolutely. But EA can also ban you for no reason at all. So can Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft. It's a 'right to refuse service'. The question is will they ban you for this? No, they won't.

#134 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

I remember when the Mass Effect 3 single player demo leaked onto Live like 5 months before release, the demo was very unfinished. People were saying EA would ban everyone who downloaded it. Nothing happened.

Well that demo was free....
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#135 Bmvc1

Bmvc1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:53 AM

Well that demo was free....

And so is this DLC, according to their own store.

#136 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

Wow, that just made my day. It's still listed as free if you go to the "All" tab if you scroll to the very bottom section (labeled "Other").

Downloading all 3 Xpacs right now, so awesome. Glad I picked this up again for $10 from BBY :D

And may I say OP, you are a scholar and a gentleman. Have a wonderful day.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Arkham Asylum; Hawken; Whatever Playfire tells me to play.

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#137 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

It seems like most people are less concerned about people "stealing" this DLC and more concerned about seizing the opportunity to rag on a company they don't like. I'm not the biggest EA fan out there but they aren't anywhere near as bad as people make them out to be.

#138 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

And so is this DLC, according to their own store.

Yeah again it's a glitch you, me, everyone knows it. Only a rock that has the miracle of being able to think would thing it was really free.

I mean if it was really free why isn't it free on the PC? Since you know, the PC is the definitive/master version.

#139 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

I'm not saying you have to like EA, just that there isn't *anyone* that can just do what they want. Can EA ban people for this? Absolutely. But EA can also ban you for no reason at all. So can Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft. It's a 'right to refuse service'. The question is will they ban you for this? No, they won't.

^This.

#140 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

99% update complete...guess I'll claim the upgrade if I can find it.

I don't really play EA games (besides ME) so a banning doesn't really scare me (doubt it'll happen though)

#141 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

For those of you who keep comparing this to "well EA banned people for cursing so they can probably charge your credit card too!!" Here is a direct copy from their terms of service:

11. Rules of Conduct

You may violate the Terms of Service if, as determined by EA in its sole discretion, you:

- Disrupt the flow of chat in chat rooms with vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive shouting [all caps] in an attempt to disturb other users, "spamming" or flooding [posting repetitive text].

So, in summary...
1. Getting banned for cursing = valid
2. Getting banned/charged for EA's own pricing mistake = ....I'm still waiting for your evidence
Posted Image

#142 Bmvc1

Bmvc1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

Yeah again it's a glitch you, me, everyone knows it. Only a rock that has the miracle of being able to think would thing it was really free.

I mean if it was really free why isn't it free on the PC? Since you know, the PC is the definitive/master version.

Does not matter, it is listed as free. What do you not understand about that? They can't just assume everyone who downloads it knows it's a glitch, and who says it is? Companies do console specific sales all the time, so your PC argument means nothing.

#143 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

For all I know this is just another PS3 perk. Maybe it will be free for everyone else 2 weeks from now. Seems to be their release model for everything else BF3-related.
Posted Image

#144 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

It seems like most people are less concerned about people "stealing" this DLC and more concerned about seizing the opportunity to rag on a company they don't like. I'm not the biggest EA fan out there but they aren't anywhere near as bad as people make them out to be.

your clearly no PC gamer or a person who likes or has to buy used. :D

EA isn't the most horrible company in the world (Hint: AT&T) but people thinking theres no possiablity their EA accounts can't be banned for this are only trying to fool themselves. the evidence has been presented EA bans accounts for much less using a glitch their system to get 49.99 in content for free.

At the very least, they'll remove the DLC and membership thingy from the offending accounts. If not then there will be a lot of backlash from people who did pay.

#145 Bmvc1

Bmvc1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

They are only selling the premium version in stores now. Who says they aren't upgrading everyone who already owns it to premium?

#146 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

What you found a copy of BF3? I can't believe that since I heard BB are sold out of all copies.:roll:

my local bbs have a crapton of vanillas...odd how the demographics work

#147 Bmvc1

Bmvc1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

your clearly no PC gamer or a person who likes or has to buy used. :D

EA isn't the most horrible company in the world (Hint: AT&T) but people thinking theres no possiablity their EA accounts can't be banned for this are only trying to fool themselves. the evidence has been presented EA bans accounts for much less using a glitch their system to get 49.99 in content for free.

At the very least, they'll remove the DLC and membership thingy from the offending accounts. If not then there will be a lot of backlash from people who did pay.

No one used a glitch to get it to show up at FREE, it's listed as FREE all by itself. So just stop, you sound stupid.

#148 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

I have a quesion.
I have purchased ps3 battlefield earlier. I discovered that there is no sound in the game menu when I choose what mode that I want to play. However, I can listen the sound from the gameplay when I playing story mode or online. I checked youtube. There should be having sound in the game menu and the opening introduction CG in the game. But for me, I cant listen anything. Why is it so weird?

For my game screen, I cant listen any sounds

Thank you

#149 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

If EA bans me or takes this from me I'm calling the BBB

#150 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

the evidence has been presented EA bans accounts for much less using a glitch their system to get 49.99 in content for free

Such as...........

And don't say "cursing."
Posted Image