And don't say "cursing."

Is EA the guys who banned that dude for saying "I'm 12 and what is this?"

#152 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:10 AM

my local bbs have a crapton of vanillas...odd how the demographics work

I was being sarcastic because someone keeps posting they can't find any. My BB had 8 vanilla copies.

BumslieOG.png

#153 Bmvc1

Bmvc1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:10 AM

Is EA the guys who banned that dude for saying "I'm 12 and what is this?"

Which is against the TOS since you have to be over a certain age. Buying things from PSN for the listed price is not against the TOS.

#154 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

Which is against the TOS since you have to be over a certain age. Buying things from PSN for the listed price is not against the TOS.

Lol, yea I know. I just didn't remember if it was them or not. That's pretty funny.

#155 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

No one used a glitch to get it to show up at FREE, it's listed as FREE all by itself. So just stop, you sound stupid.

Clearly the term glitch can only be found on the user side of things, not the corporations?

Don't worry I'll be the one laughing when they are removed and accounts are possibly banned.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#156 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Because it was not listed as $49.99. It was listed as free and I have proof of that. Every time a company lowers a price or offers something for free am I supposed to be scared to download it? There will be a lot more people who don't come to forums like this who see it for free and just think it's supposed to be free, if they are banned they would have absolutely no idea why.

there are 2 sides to this argument....EVERYONE KNOWS EA never planned or meant to have the premium edition to be free, or else they wouldnt invest in reproducing brand new copies of premium discs. So for people trying to argue the fact that EA might mean to have made it free is just trying to convince themselves.

I do agree though if it is an error it something they should honor for customer satisfaction.

However a ban should not occur, no one was purposely exploiting anything in this case. It was simply offered, any innocent purpose who really is naive and thinks its free should not be punished. That would be a publicity nightmare.

Then again at the same time EA is the company that dosent give a Fuck because they know everyone will buy their Maddens, Fifas, Battlefields, and every EA produced game out there.

The arguments can go on and on, basically download at your own risk, but dont argue the fact that they purposely made it free. You know something is messed up. So congrats to the ones that go to dl, personally i dont want to deal with any headaches later.

#157 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:13 AM

your clearly no PC gamer or a person who likes or has to buy used. :D

Again, you are seizing the opportunity to rag on a company you don't like.

"your clearly no PC gamer" - I am a PC gamer. Completely irrelevant.

"or a person who likes or has to buy used" - If you like to buy used then that is your choice. When you buy used the developer and publisher see no money AT ALL for that purchase so they have to make money somehow. If you hate buying a game used for $54.99 and then paying $10 for an online pass then buy new for $59.99

Oh and the "has to buy used" is lol worthy. Unless someone is physically forcing you to buy it used then it is purely choice. If someone is physically forcing you then you can call the police and/or social services.

I understand you don't like EA, but frankly I don't care. Your argument is stupid, and apparently so are you.

#158 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

Again, you are seizing the opportunity to rag on a company you don't like.

"your clearly no PC gamer" - I am a PC gamer. Completely irrelevant.

"or a person who likes or has to buy used" - If you like to buy used then that is your choice. When you buy used the developer and publisher see no money AT ALL for that purchase so they have to make money somehow. If you hate buying a game used for $54.99 and then paying $10 for an online pass then buy new for $59.99

Oh and the "has to buy used" is lol worthy. Unless someone is physically forcing you to buy it used then it is purely choice. If someone is physically forcing you then you can call the police and/or social services.

I understand you don't like EA, but frankly I don't care.

dont you just love internet forums? the land of fallacious arguments, and the winner of internet forum arguments is the last person to comment until the other person gives up haha.

#159 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

That would be a publicity nightmare.

Because accidently given people the option to get 49.99 content for free isn't already a publicity nightmare? No matter what EA will be getting bitched at in some perspective and at the end of the day *they won't care who they upset.*

But EA being profit motive then ever, thinking they'll let you keep this "free" DLC is well insane.

#160 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:16 AM

Clearly the term glitch can only be found on the user side of things, not the corporations?

Don't worry I'll be the one laughing when they are removed and accounts are possibly banned.

You're an idiot.
Posted Image

#161 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

dont you just love internet forums? the land of fallacious arguments, and the winner of internet forum arguments is the last person to comment until the other person gives up haha.

You say it like nothing else in life works the same way lol :P

#162 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Downloaded it on ps3. Sent my controller to be repaired so I took out my rock band 2 guitar and did it.

This made me LOL. Thanks! :applause:

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#163 Ryan_gf

Ryan_gf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:18 AM

Hoooooly balls. I purchased Battlefield Premium last week.... well this is my room mates Christmas present this year.

#164 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Because accidently given people the option to get 49.99 content for free isn't already a publicity nightmare? No matter what EA will be getting bitched at in some perspective.

hence i put, ea just dosent give a Fuck. quote my whole piece! lol

#165 Bmvc1

Bmvc1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

OK. You sound like a jealous little baby.

#166 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

Now when EA bans, they simply ban the offending EA account. Every online game now uses a EA account. so they'll need to make a new account to play current and future EA online games.

Deadspace 3, ME3, Maddens, etc. And due to this they'll pay 10 dollars per game due to project 10 dollar/online passes.

damn that would suck bad. I don't mind getting perm banned on bf3 but DS, ME and nfs etc is too much lol.

What im playing: 
|  :ps3: Dark Souls II :pray:   |  :vita: Spenlunky |

Recently completed:
- Grand Theft Auto V ( Great game, one of the best this gen )
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#167 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

This made me LOL. Thanks! :applause:

I wanted it and wasn't letting this get past me.

#168 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

You say it like nothing else in life works the same way lol :P

oh no i know life is full of that but the internet forums, i believe is the biggest perpetrator of this sad situation.

#169 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

OK. You sound like a jealous little baby.

Whoohoo personal insults on the internet in a debate/arugument? I am deeply offended good sir!

#170 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:22 AM

They can ban you for any reason they want. It is their company and their rules. But they made the mistake. It is on them and their responsibility.

#171 Bmvc1

Bmvc1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Whoohoo personal insults on the internet in a debate/arugument? I am deeply offended good sir!

That's nice. You are acting like a child.

#172 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

oh no i know life is full of that but the internet forums, i believe is the biggest perpetrator of this sad situation.

Very true. Airing of dirty laundry practically across the entire Earth if someone wants to dig through waste to see it lol

I always hate having to go through situations like this to be truthful but sometimes they are unavoidable. Especially with so much time to kill.

#173 Bmvc1

Bmvc1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

It's weird how upset you are over this situation.

#174 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:24 AM

Oh man another heated up CAG argument! All we are missing is a guy sending out a flare to EA and things will kick off like gangbusters. But so many great themes! New vs Used, PC vs Console, CAG vs CAG and EA vs Everyone else.

If i remember correctly wasn't there a CAG who posted a deal on premium from greenmangaming banned? To stay on topic, i think i am too tired to care.

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png

#175 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:24 AM

So this is different than all of those times random DLC or downloadable games accidentally get put on w/e online store for free how exactly?

Like, for example, various Mass Effect 1/2 DLC that got put up for free on XBL for a few hours/early. I think it was Bringing Down the Sky, and some of the weapon DLC respectively. That shit was available to ANYONE who was checking the store at that time, and tons of people got in on it. Did we ever hear about some massive wave of the banhammer after those Fuck-ups by EA? Especially the websites that reported it?

Nope.

/thread

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Batman Arkham Origins; EYE Divine Cybermancy; Hawken; Sam & Max S1E04

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#176 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

It's weird how upset you are over this situation.

#177 Bmvc1

Bmvc1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

You cared enough to post about it on a forum for over an hour.

#178 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

there are 2 sides to this argument....EVERYONE KNOWS EA never planned or meant to have the premium edition to be free

Everyone? Even Cosmo the friendly hobo that enjoys dumpster diving where I work?
And great-grand pappy Joe all the way over in Tennessee?
By golly, that son of a biscuit didn't say a damn thing to me.

Okay, on a serious note though you can't claim to know what EA plans to do.
For all you know EA may have planned on doing a free trial run for those who already own the vanilla copy in order to entice them to buying a real premium membership.

It just might have been released earlier on PS3 on accident before an announcement (not likely but unless you work at EA anything is up in the air)

Basically what I'm saying is all this is speculation

I mean why is there two premium options in the game store anyways?

#179 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

So this is different than all of those times random DLC or downloadable games accidentally get put on w/e online store for free how exactly?

Like, for example, various Mass Effect 1/2 DLC that got put up for free on XBL for a few hours/early. That shit was available to ANYONE who was checking the store at that time, and tons of people got in on it. Did we ever hear about some massive wave of the banhammer after those Fuck-ups by EA?

Nope.

/thread

I remember the ME2 DLC being free to everyone for a bit. The DLC from buying the game new, the CE DLC, the pre-order DLC, all of it. I missed it but had everything legit anyway. No one was banned but I'm sure someone will point out that it was more MS's fault than EA's or Bioware's fault.

Of course looking at some posts it seems that it's obvious that EA is conspiring to ban everyone on the face of the Earth because they can. I'm sure people are getting into their EA 2012 Doomsday bunkers already.

#180 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

Wow. You must really be bitter now. First BB doesn't send you a magazine.
Thus resulting in you not being able to purchase BF3 for $10. Now there is a free premium upgrade that you cannot utilize. At least you were given an extra month of @Gamer.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40