Halo 4 Pre-order $45 @Newegg 9/22 - 9/23

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Very good price. They don't offer any pre-order DLC though, do they?[/QUOTE]

No, but as far as I know it's just multiplayer skins. Since this is Microsoft's flagship title you know at some point they'll be discounting the DLC too.

For me I'm actually saving $19 since I don't get taxed by Newegg + fuel cost.

[quote name='poopmastr7']might bight on this since its such a good discount. how long does newegg typically take to ship new releases?[/QUOTE]

I live in Northeast Florida and get my pre-orders on the Thursday of the release week.

[quote name='Bosamba']I live in Northeast Florida and get my pre-orders on the Thursday of the release week.[/QUOTE]

Northside JAX CAG here! Good find on the price.

I sprung for overnight shipping on my LE. I better get it on release day. If it doesn't ship on the 5th for 6th delivery, I'll be at Walmart at midnight. Goddamn Gamestop stopped taking preorders locally. I assume their website sold all the copies they would've had access to, because this a small goddamn town store that should never run out of something like that so fast. The fact 343gie stops taking orders for the more expensive edition that they could easily be making more money off of in the first place is fucking stupid.

Thinking about it. Their shipping really is pretty good. I preordered Borderlands 2 from newegg, and it arrived wednesday afternoon, so about 1 day lafter release. This is in western ny. So definitely worth a look. hmm.

I ordered this. I am in NYC and new egg gets it to me day after launch no tax no shipping. 44.99 is all I pay. I have every hot game coming out until Christmas for 47.99 from them and then I use glyde when I am done and I pay about $10 or less per game in the end. Gaming is so cheap if you do it right except for new systems.

I'm trying to think of what I really need to get right away and what I can wait (/what I think will be on sale on black friday)... cant really afford all the games I want this year, so far I'm interested in Borderlands 2 (just bought that), NBA 2K13, Assassin's Creed III, then I'm trying to only get one of either Black Ops 2 or Halo 4, and maybe Resident Evil 6 (I'd totally get the Archives version if it came with RE 1&2 like the ps3 one does).

so far I got Borderlands, I'm getting 2k13, I think I'm going to bite on Halo 4 at this price (even if it is on sale it won't be for much less or maybe not even any less). Traded in some things for AC:III already so I have that partially paid off, as much as I know it'll be on sale black friday, the "lost mayan ruins" content appeals to me and I'm just not sure I want to wait to play it. RE6 I think I'll wait for Black Friday and see what happens.... really wish they wouldn't release all the good stuff in the same 2 months lol.

I was about to post this deal. Yeah it's a steal at that price, canceled my 12 dollars off preorder to this one.:)

[quote name='poopmastr7']might bight on this since its such a good discount. how long does newegg typically take to ship new releases?[/QUOTE]

I usually get my copies on release day or the next day at latest. It depends where they ship from and when they ship, really.

[quote name='JordanPlayer']Biggest discount yet! Usually it's $12 but this was $15 so I had to bite:)[/QUOTE]

Yup. I just canceled my first pre-order with the $12 off and made a new pre-order using this $15 off. :)

[quote name='Matty SoooRAD']thanks OP, it's prolly not gonna be any cheaper than this right???[/QUOTE]

Hard to imagine there won't be a Black Friday deal on this for, say, 39.99

[quote name='CaseX']Yup. I just canceled my first pre-order with the $12 off and made a new pre-order using this $15 off. :)[/QUOTE]

They must've had it at $15 off in the middle of July because I ordered another one today (I thought I only had $12 off) and went to cancel and it was also $44.99.

I find it HARD to imagine this will be lower than, say $49.99 on black friday. That's wayyyy too close to release date for a triple A game.

At the top of the list along with the other deals-- Microsoft store is technically better (Pay about 65, get 25 dollar gift card, but since the only thing I'd buy are points, and there are deals on point cards as of late, the extra five dollars in savings is a wash)

If you're unlocked, there's the 20 dollars in certs, which get you at the same cost, and of course always the potential chance to pricematch a drop within 30/60 days to make it a better deal. I might go for the Best Buy deal, but I'm definitely gonna lock this preorder in and decide in November. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']At the top of the list along with the other deals-- Microsoft store is technically better (Pay about 65, get 25 dollar gift card, but since the only thing I'd buy are points, and there are deals on point cards as of late, the extra five dollars in savings is a wash)

If you're unlocked, there's the 20 dollars in certs, which get you at the same cost, and of course always the potential chance to pricematch a drop within 30/60 days to make it a better deal. I might go for the Best Buy deal, but I'm definitely gonna lock this preorder in and decide in November. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

I'm trying to decide with the MS store preorder as well since I want a 4000 MSP card. Here's how I break the deals down:

Newegg: Halo 4 @ $45, MSP card @ $45-$50, so total $90-$95.

MS Store: Halo 4 @ $60, MSP card @ $25 after the preorder deal, total $85.

Anybody who did BL2 preorders, how close to release did you get the game from one of these retailers?

[quote name='PDJ']I find it HARD to imagine this will be lower than, say $49.99 on black friday. That's wayyyy too close to release date for a triple A game.[/QUOTE]

In 2010, Amazon gave a $20 credit with a lot of games, including Halo Reach. That basically made the game $40.

[quote name='Viper187']In 2010, Amazon gave a $20 credit with a lot of games, including Halo Reach. That basically made the game $40.[/QUOTE]

Except it's currently 2012 and Amazon hasn't exactly been great with their video game deals lately.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Except it's currently 2012 and Amazon hasn't exactly been great with their video game deals lately.[/QUOTE]

And the ECA 10% , 20% and 30% discounts are all gone.

[quote name='PDJ']I find it HARD to imagine this will be lower than, say $49.99 on black friday. That's wayyyy too close to release date for a triple A game.[/QUOTE]

I remember last year when Assassin's Creed Revelations was released on November 15th and on Black Friday it was on sale at Best Buy for $35 so I'm kinda think that Halo 4 could possibly be on sale on BF. I'm gonna hop on this deal for now and cancel it if a better deal comes along. Thanks OP

[quote name='Metal Militia']I remember last year when Assassin's Creed Revelations was released on November 15th and on Black Friday it was on sale at Best Buy for $35 so I'm kinda think that Halo 4 could possibly be on sale on BF. I'm gonna hop on this deal for now and cancel it if a better deal comes along. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]
There is a HUGE difference in circumstance & title in Halo & Assassin's Creed games, and the way they are sale priced. Every AC has been cheap very soon after release. MS will not allow that with one of it's very few exclusive titles, imho. I'm really diggin' the avatar pic, btw :cool:.

Thanks, OP. I locked this in a month or 2 ago at NewEgg, but I had to check & make sure it was the same discount. It was :D.

I think Halo 4 will have the same BF deals as Skyrim (which was a $10 giftcard from Target) and thats it. Maybe some kind of "Buy Reach or Anniversary and save $10 on Halo 4" type deal but no more. Just too close to release for a great deal on it...

[quote name='Metal Militia']I remember last year when Assassin's Creed Revelations was released on November 15th and on Black Friday it was on sale at Best Buy for $35 so I'm kinda think that Halo 4 could possibly be on sale on BF. I'm gonna hop on this deal for now and cancel it if a better deal comes along. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

it was 40 dollars at wal mart at midnight launch so lol

but im debating whether i want the newegg deal or the best buy deal and hope they get a lower price in 60 days

Thank you OP would have missed this, great deal. Weird thing is I got this email but it never mentioned the price, it just said free shipping. So I skipped it. Luckily I saw it here and got one!

I wonder if I should preorder this or hope for a BF deal at like $30-40. I mean last year a bunch of new releases like Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed Revelations and BF3 were $28 on BF. I think Halo Reach was pretty cheap on the BF of the year it came out in. Hmm, decisions, decisions...

[quote name='lilseung']Has anyone successfully got neweggs to ship pre-orders using 2 days shoprunner?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately Shoprunner never works with video games from my experiences :cry:

[quote name='roymustang'] I think Halo Reach was pretty cheap on the BF of the year it came out in. Hmm, decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

$35 for Reach and Fable III on BF that year.

[quote name='StryderOmega']$35 for Reach and Fable III on BF that year.[/QUOTE]

Rather have a sure deal, there will be other deals to be had on BF.

[quote name='StryderOmega']$35 for Reach and Fable III on BF that year.[/QUOTE]

but reach was out for nearly 2 months at that point, since it came out in september. Halo 4 will have been out for closer to 2 weeks. A pretty big difference between the two time periods.

bread's done
Back