Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Video Game Gold Box Today - Schedule/Prices in OP - Madden NFL 13 $39.99 DotD

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#121 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:04 AM

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#122 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

Amazon went down hill real fast...NewEgg has about 9-10 pre-orders of mine. I have one at BestBuy and I even picked up Borderlands 2 at Gamestop (even though I can't stand shopping there because they charge you full price if you don't pick up within 2 days).

Amazon got rid of Release Day Shipping, has awful sales with very little incentive to shop with them and just seems like they have totally given up on their video game sales in general. I remember seeing $20 credits, better pre-order items and just overall better deals...It's a shame since I used to be a loyal customer but this was a long time coming.

Deals on their site are still more than what you can find elsewhere, and give it 1-2 months and all of these games will be half-price when the bigger titles and black friday hit the scene...

Amazon is near dead to me. The Black Friday crockery, retail game sales are gone, and the whole shipping BS. I was going to get Office season 8 but it was 1 cent short of free shipping, f them. The only bright thing for them is the nice digital games deals but I'm getting really sick of having to post on here to ask if a game has DRM or not.

#123 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:08 AM

Amazon should know what the DotD is before 3 am...come on. I'm guessing WoW battlechest or Avengers something.

#124 Nitro_

Nitro_

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

I am trying to stick with Amazon but it is definitely not the same. I have a prime account and now instead of 2 day shipping it takes 3-5 days. they switched from using UPS to fedex smart post which is usps for 90% of my orders. That is one perk for having prime. It takes sometimes a day and a half to process my orders. They make these changes and still act like its 2 day shipping. I am nearing the end of my rope with them.

#125 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

I am trying to stick with Amazon but it is definitely not the same. I have a prime account and now instead of 2 day shipping it takes 3-5 days. they switched from using UPS to fedex smart post which is usps for 90% of my orders. That is one perk for having prime. It takes sometimes a day and a half to process my orders. They make these changes and still act like its 2 day shipping. I am nearing the end of my rope with them.

I'm a Prime member also and was wondering why my stuff was coming in the mail verses UPS.

#126 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

What I hate about Amazon is when everything that is on back order mysteriously comes back into stock on Sunday so it can ship out by Monday and be guaranteed in 2 days by Wednesday.

#127 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:23 AM

Madden for $40...ugggh

#128 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:27 AM

Madden for $40...ugggh

atleast it is a change, instead of just pming bestbuy sale prices, lol

#129 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

When did this go into effect?

I like Amazon Prime because they don't use the post office (I have PO Box, cant do home delivery) and I like receiving stuff from UPS and Fedex since it is faster.

My last Prime order was about a month ago so I haven't seen this change. If there is a change, I'm going to be dissapointed the next time I order.

#130 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:55 AM

When did this go into effect?

I like Amazon Prime because they don't use the post office (I have PO Box, cant do home delivery) and I like receiving stuff from UPS and Fedex since it is faster.

My last Prime order was about a month ago so I haven't seen this change. If there is a change, I'm going to be dissapointed the next time I order.

I think it depends on where you live. In my area, they switched almost all prime and even standard sometimes to ontrac, which is basically a guy in a little beat up van. If he's not totally ghetto, it might have a magnetic ontrac sign on the side. So a lot of my orders end up getting squashed and damaged because the driver must just toss everything in the back of the van in one big heap. I actually miss ups.

#131 crimsonassassin

crimsonassassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

I also am an Amazon Prime member (in Spokane, WA if location matters) and many items come OnTrac. They do not even bother to knock on the door to my apartment. They throw things on the common porch area often early (6am) or late (9pm). A recent shipment (laptop HDD) came from them and was listed as "Signed By: Front Porch". The item was not there and clearly my front porch did not sign for it.

I had another item ship UPS and then they transferred it to USPS for delivery. So it arrived in my mailbox which was puzzling but okay I guess. My last package took over a week to get here which was disappointing as it was to be a gift which I planned to give Friday. It arrived Monday afternoon instead.

#132 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

my amazon prime stuff generally comes fast, but it's definitely a guy in a truck. but i definitely still tend to get stuff 2 days from ordering, which is nice.

#133 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

Really tempted to get sleepy dogs at that price but I'll probably hold out for a further price drop.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
ifqh2N3.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#134 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

Are these prices locked in? Isn't Sleeping Dogs already $39.99? I thought they had matched BB? Not a bad price, but if it was lower - I'd be a jumpin'.

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#135 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

Madden 13 is such a terrible game, I feel bad for anyone who buys it.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#136 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

Madden 13 is such a terrible game, I feel bad for anyone who buys it.

I keep hearing this, is it really that bad? Was considering it at $39.99

#137 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

Did they mess up Madden for 13? How did it go wrong?

Really want Future Soldier but I don't know if I $32 want it.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#138 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

My theory is that Amazon is giving the competition the opportunity to succeed in this tumultuous economy by refusing to have amazing bargains. Then.. they'll crush everyone else with insane holiday deals and promotions that sends their profits skyrocketing.

#139 Drathdon

Drathdon

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

Curious... Would Best Buy price match the Amazon Deal of the Day? Not wanting to get it new, but get $20 back on my initial pre-order. I was unsure of their policy, in practice, on this, since they do say they match advertised computer deals.

#140 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

Are these prices locked in? Isn't Sleeping Dogs already $39.99? I thought they had matched BB? Not a bad price, but if it was lower - I'd be a jumpin'.

SD is currently $50. Looks like they raised it so they can drop it back to $40 and call it a "deal"
Posted Image

#141 Nitro_

Nitro_

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

I think it started early this month I had ordered about 10 things from them via prime and only 1 came ups, a day later than usual. They take people's money for prime say 2 days. Things were good then they switch for no reason, I think there is a legal issue there.

#142 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

SD is currently $50. Looks like they raised it so they can drop it back to $40 and call it a "deal"

It was $40 yesterday. Fucking Amazon.
Posted Image

#143 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

My biggest gripe with Amazon lately is that they put games/blurays in padded envelopes when I order just one item. They always, ALWAYS, show up with ripped packaging or a big dent on the box, a broken box, etc etc. It never fails.
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#144 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

I think it depends on where you live. In my area, they switched almost all prime and even standard sometimes to ontrac, which is basically a guy in a little beat up van. If he's not totally ghetto, it might have a magnetic ontrac sign on the side. So a lot of my orders end up getting squashed and damaged because the driver must just toss everything in the back of the van in one big heap. I actually miss ups.

Its not ontrac here in WI but same thing regardless. Third party shipping company, nasty looking dude comes in a beat up red station wagon.

#145 JSiggy

JSiggy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

black eyed peas & madden :applause:

what a joke you are now amazon :D

#146 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

I think it started early this month I had ordered about 10 things from them via prime and only 1 came ups, a day later than usual. They take people's money for prime say 2 days. Things were good then they switch for no reason, I think there is a legal issue there.

You know if you have issues they do have a help line and online chat so they can resolve your issues. Just saying.

The last time I bought something from amazon and it didn't come on time I complained and they added a month on my prime membership. So I suggest you hit them up and tell them you aren't getting you packages on time, especially if you are paying for prime.

#147 Lordd_G

Lordd_G

90's Gamer 4 Life!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

Thanks OP, the clue for the 5PM deal was really stumping me!!

:grouphug: Not only are we cheap gamers, but we're also asses! :grouphug:

#148 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

BS. I've been ordering with Amazon and Amazon prime for years now and they've never missed a delivery date. I can understand 1 package every now and then but not that many in a month.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#149 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

Anyone have luck price matching Amazon's Madden price at BB?

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#150 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

:P If it wasn't for Swagbucks, I wouldn't be so dedicated to Amazon. I've just been letting those gift cards stack up. Come on holiday bundle deals! Wooo! Yeah!! Just another month to go before they kick off those "hey, Black Friday is 3 weeks away.. let's start now!" things.