Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Video Game Gold Box Today - Schedule/Prices in OP - Madden NFL 13 $39.99 DotD

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#151 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

Prime works great for me, fwiw. I even stopped paying for 1 day (expedited) shipping, b/c the free 2 day almost always arrives on day 1...but i am close to a couple major distribution centers. (Different city, same state).

the regional company they use for some of the deliveries is actually better than UPS for me. delivers by noon, well handled...my UPS deliveries usually come really late.

#152 mysticfail

mysticfail

Fail is my middle name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

:P If it wasn't for Swagbucks, I wouldn't be so dedicated to Amazon. I've just been letting those gift cards stack up. Come on holiday bundle deals! Wooo! Yeah!! Just another month to go before they kick off those "hey, Black Friday is 3 weeks away.. let's start now!" things.

Ya I thought that last year, the deals for black Friday were pretty weak. I don't hold out much hope they will do better this blackfriday since they have been in decline even more since then.

#153 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

Is the XP300 headset worth $100? I wouldn't mind having a wireless headset. The cables on my wired model are a bit of a nuisance.

This one is actually a deal. According camelcamelcamel, the lowest it has ever been at amazon was $117.99: http://camelcamelcam...duct/B006W41W82
Posted Image

#154 Kaiselius

Kaiselius

Serial Self-Molester

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

...Well, at least it wasn't more Wii accessories?

#155 Kecir12

Kecir12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

BS. I've been ordering with Amazon and Amazon prime for years now and they've never missed a delivery date. I can understand 1 package every now and then but not that many in a month.

I was just thinking the same thing. I've had Prime since it came out and have never had an issue. I'm talking 500+ orders. I actually get things randomly expedited in a day for no extra cost if I order early the day before. They use Lasertrac sometimes but my items have never been late even then.

#156 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

I keep hearing this, is it really that bad? Was considering it at $39.99

the complains were mostly about removal of offline franchise mode, just read the reviews on amazon of the game. it is kinda funny sometimes

#157 deftony

deftony

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

Seems like it might be the official PS3 headset for the last deal, not the XP300. "Immerse yourself in dynamic surround sound while enjoying crystal-clear communication on the PlayStation Network"

I've heard Sony is about to release a new model, it would make sense that they'd want to clear stock

#158 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

Yeah, I looked at the clue and realized the same thing. It's not going to be the XP300. Oh well. I need an Xbox headset. Maybe another day.
Posted Image

#159 deftony

deftony

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

Yeah, I looked at the clue and realized the same thing. It's not going to be the XP300. Oh well. I need an Xbox headset. Maybe another day.

Same. I've been looking for a new headset for BO2, I was actually kinda excited about the possibility for a deal on one.

#160 mccurve85

mccurve85

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

Borderlands 2 or TC : GR or Lego Batman 2? Can't decide which is a better deal right now for my Amazon credits with these marginal Gold Box deals

#161 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

Borderlands 2 or TC : GR or Lego Batman 2? Can't decide which is a better deal right now for my Amazon credits with these marginal Gold Box deals

borderlands 2 is on the gold box deal?

#162 mccurve85

mccurve85

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

"borderlands 2 is on the gold box deal?" No. Just in terms of whether that's a better deal at full price then those two "deals".

#163 mypobox

mypobox

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

Gotta start dumping that Wii shovelware to make room for the Wii U shovelware.

That made me LOL. Good post !!

#164 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

If $39.99 is the lightning deal for Sleeping Dogs, I wonder how they are going to pull that off.

It's going to be really awkward considering they price matched BB and it's already at $39.99. I guess they will raise it back up tonight, then put it back to $39.99 for the deal tomorrow? They are gonna look really shady if so.

Hahaha, I noted that same thing in another thread after seeing that Sleeping Dogs was a Lightning "Deal" after they lo and behold did exactly that - raised it up to $49.99 so you'll be getting an incredible $10 off. I seriously hope they Amazon doesn't wonder why people have been trashing their video game Gold Box so called "deals" when they do garbage like this. As I said to Amazon in the other thread "C'MON MAN!!" :bs:

Oh well, I don't expect I'll be getting Sleeping Dogs until it's in the $20 range or less...probably wait until a good sale on Steam anyway. :razz:

#165 H3YN0W

H3YN0W

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

Oh wow, Amazon raises the price of Sleeping Dogs from $39 to $49 overnight...then plans to drop it back to $39 again during Goldbox. Now I remember why I haven't purchased a new game from Amazon in months.

#166 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

Madden 13 is such a terrible game, I feel bad for anyone who buys it.

I keep hearing this, is it really that bad? Was considering it at $39.99

Madden 13 is far and away the best Madden for the current generation. Whether that still meets your expectations is up to you, but it is far from "terrible" and easily worth $40 IMO.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#167 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

Oh wow, Amazon raises the price of Sleeping Dogs from $39 to $49 overnight...then plans to drop it back to $39 again during Goldbox. Now I remember why I haven't purchased a new game from Amazon in months.

Who cares? It's $39. If you want it, buy it. If not, don't buy it.

You're acting like Amazon has some moral obligation not to do marketing or something.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#168 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

might bite on the dualshock since i got a $12 credit yesterday (amazon f'ed me over on some packaging stuff).
Posted Image

#169 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Madden 13 is far and away the best Madden for the current generation. Whether that still meets your expectations is up to you, but it is far from "terrible" and easily worth $40 IMO.

Agreed, the only people whining about it are those who aren't happy that you can't edit rosters.

Game play wise, this is far and away the best football game EA has released this generation. Not even close.

iouabeatn.png

#170 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Man, this is my first gold box since I started gaming on PC/Steam and these deals seems worse than ever in comparison. I'm actually interested in Madden, but $40 still seems like too much. I've waited this long, I can wait for a better deal closer to black friday.

#171 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

can I use promotional credit in golden deal?

#172 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

can I use promotional credit in golden deal?

Yes.

#173 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

Seems like it might be the official PS3 headset for the last deal, not the XP300. "Immerse yourself in dynamic surround sound while enjoying crystal-clear communication on the PlayStation Network"

I've heard Sony is about to release a new model, it would make sense that they'd want to clear stock

Any ideas how much it would be on sale for then? I've been thinking of getting it but really not willing to spend more than $50 or so. Hell, I haven't seen it any cheaper than the price Amazon set when it started taking pre-orders....
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#174 deftony

deftony

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Any ideas how much it would be on sale for then? I've been thinking of getting it but really not willing to spend more than $50 or so. Hell, I haven't seen it any cheaper than the price Amazon set when it started taking pre-orders....

No idea... I could be wrong about it even being the PS3 headset, it was just a guess. The lightning deal info says it's a surround sound headset, and I think the XP300 is stereo only.
Posted Image

#175 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

Is the dualshock controller the best deal that we have seen in these years? I am confused..

#176 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

Looks like I'll be giving Best Buy a call after work to price match Amazon.
With the $20 Rewards and the $10 for in store pickup, that will bring my copy down to $10.

#177 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

Sleeping Dogs $34.99.

I guess the prices are a little off. Ghost Recon was off by $2.00.

#178 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

$35 for sleeping dogs...not a bad deal for folks lookn' for the title.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#179 Greybeard

Greybeard

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

I'm a glutton for punishment, which means I am a loyal Madden player. I think this years is a slight improvement over last years but seeing how last years' game was a complete mess it isn't saying much. All and all if your not a huge football fan or don't need the game to keep in touch with chums, who have moved on, I would stay away from this glitchy mess. They series has gone to crap and as long as idiot's like me keep buying it they have no reason to fix it. I think a new game every year is just too much to handle for EA. I wish they would spend a few years working on each game and then release updates like rosters and such as DLC on the years they don't release a new game. The professional reviews for Madden mystify me, I'll never understand why it gets great reviews when everyone who plays it knows it sucks.

#180 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

I'm mulling over Sleeping Dogs for $35. But I'm wondering if it won't be $20 before long. Probably should hold off.
Posted Image