Sleeping Dogs $39.99 @ BBY

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#61 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:02 AM

Been wanting, thanks for sharing and in for 360 copy....very happy thanks again:-)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360- Assassin's Creed III
PS3- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Nintendo Wii- AC: City Folk
3DS- New Super Mario Bros. 2
My Game Collection- www.listal.com/list/buffalos-xbox-360-collection

#62 Skooba81

Skooba81

Baby Cheesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:07 AM

paid 60 a couple of weeks ago...looks like I am heading back tomorrow to PM

#63 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

borderlands is way too good of a game to wait for. I just had to have it. Im kinda rushing through it, so I can trade it in before re6 comes out. Once the GOTY gets released Im def. going to buy that day 1 for sure.

I constantly hear good remarks about that game. I don't want to rush through it though because I don't have that much time for gaming right now. I know the story is much better this time around, but I enjoyed the DLC more than the campaign. I don't mind waiting until I have some free time. Working full time and going to school full time is no joke...

#64 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

They'll continue to PM it down as long as it's cheaper/within the return window. Silver Reward members have 60 days

Unfortunately, I'm not special enough to be Silver.

#65 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

definitely one of the best games this year...i'm 90% thru the story...very addictive...not as boring as GTA4

^THIS!!! As a huge fan of GTA3-San Andreas. I didn't enjoy 4 at all.

#66 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

i heard sleeping dogs is a pretty short game in terms of hrs, compare to other sandbox games like gta , and saints rows the third, so how true is that?

It is shorter, yes. BUT, it surpasses Saints Row The Third hands down, and personally I think it's better than GTA4.

It's worth $40. It's a no brainer. It's refreshing to have a sandbox type of game that doesn't take 80 hours to do everything.

#67 ricoraney

ricoraney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

[quote name='finstersucks']best game I played since uncharted 2. Everything about the game was so refreshing and enjoyable, just couldn't put down the controller. The only negative part I had was driving on the wrong side of the road and the two random encounter missions near the end. But I think they help setup 2. The storyline was great and you really do get emotional attached to some of characters. Its better then Red Dead Redemption, any GTA, and any Assassin Creed to date. Buy the game people, we need a Sleeping Dogs 2. Voice acting was awesome,[/QUOTE

Dude, I appreciate your enthusiasm, and I loved the game as well. But to say it is better than any Assassins Creed game or even Red Dead, is a stretch. It is good. Entertaining and fun, but not as polished as some of the aforementioned.

#68 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

Are there only asian people in the game? That seems racist to me. I don't think I can play a prejudiced game regardless of the quality.

#69 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

Are there only asian people in the game? That seems racist to me. I don't think I can play a prejudiced game regardless of the quality.

Not sure if serious.

#70 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Not sure if serious.

Dead serious. Answer the question if you know the answer. Move on to another thread if you do not.

#71 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

There's a white guy. He is your boss.

#72 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

Unfortunately, I'm not special enough to be Silver.

If your BB has pre-paid visas you can earn silver status pretty easily just buy them & pay your bills.

$100/month cell phone bill would be $1200 towards silver right there add in a car payment, car insurance, water bill, electric bill or just pay for gas. There's really no excuse not to get silver status this way.

#73 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

There's a white guy. He is your boss.

That's it? No blacks or latinos? Oh well. Better than nothing. I'll make an attempt to play this game.

Thank you for your post.

#74 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

LOL!

Emma Stone plays the voice of a white American woman visiting the area.

#75 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

[quote name='ricoraney'][quote name='finstersucks']best game I played since uncharted 2. Everything about the game was so refreshing and enjoyable, just couldn't put down the controller. The only negative part I had was driving on the wrong side of the road and the two random encounter missions near the end. But I think they help setup 2. The storyline was great and you really do get emotional attached to some of characters. Its better then Red Dead Redemption, any GTA, and any Assassin Creed to date. Buy the game people, we need a Sleeping Dogs 2. Voice acting was awesome,[/QUOTE

Dude, I appreciate your enthusiasm, and I loved the game as well. But to say it is better than any Assassins Creed game or even Red Dead, is a stretch. It is good. Entertaining and fun, but not as polished as some of the aforementioned.[/QUOTE]

First, its a new Ip, what do you expect? Its not going to be perfect, the first time.

I play games like I watch movies. Red Dead is overrated, the game was good, but it got old and boring after the first section. The finish was great, but there was too much filler in between. It dragged on and on like the new King Kong movie, took me 6 months to finish it. And the characters, I couldn't stand any of them, John Marston you grew to hate, because he was stupid and ignorant. He deserved to die, then his son, you had to play the coward son in the end. C'mon man.

I played all the Assassins creed, and gameplay is good, the storyline is horrible, the missions tend to get repetitive (4th game in the series), the characters were bland and boring. I can never remember anybody from the game other than Desmond and Enzo.

Sleeping Dogs was just great, because it played like a movie. A ripoff of Pointe Break and the original Fast and Furious. And they hired real actors to do voice overs, which is a huge plus. Those actors allowed me to buy in to the characters, like Jackie, Wei, and Pendrew. Plus, the game was transitioned smoothly and quickly, they was very little drag or filler. The main character stuck to main storyline, he didn't go into Mexico to extend gameplay. Played the game for 6hrs straight for 2 two days. Best storyline since Heavy Rain.

#76 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

LOL!

Emma Stone plays the voice of a white American woman visiting the area.

And a black rapper kind of reminded me of 50 cent.

#77 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

Awesome price. Highly recommended. Had it since launch and no regrets.

This is my Game of the Year so far. Bravo Square Enix and United Front Gaming. Please show support if you enjoyed the game and hit up UFG on their twitter. Would love it if they released more content and/or sequel.

Great campaign. Driving is fun. Random beatdown is hilarious especially if you understand Cantonese. No multiplayer, but don't care for it. Tracks stats and compares with your friends.

DLC coming in October.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#78 G3 Steve-O

G3 Steve-O

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

I had ordered Sleeping Dogs online with in-store pickup. So I went to the store I picked it up at today for the price match and they said they cannot do online order price match. I explained how I picked it up at that very store and they said they cannot do it. Anyone else have this issue??
"The Blackest Eyes. The Devil's Eyes."
- Dr. Loomis - Halloween

#79 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

Traded in saints row for this since they just announced a definitive version with all dlc coming out first week of November

#80 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

I had ordered Sleeping Dogs online with in-store pickup. So I went to the store I picked it up at today for the price match and they said they cannot do online order price match. I explained how I picked it up at that very store and they said they cannot do it. Anyone else have this issue??

If you ordered a game online and got it in store. You have to call the 1888 number and tell them you have to price match a game you purchased online. They can't price match something you purchased online, they only price match stuff you purchased in a store.

#81 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

Traded in saints row for this since they just announced a definitive version with all dlc coming out first week of November

Sleeping Dogs > Saints Row The Third.

You'll thank yourself later for doing that.

#82 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

Sleeping Dogs > Saints Row The Third.

You'll thank yourself later for doing that.

I thought SD had 0 replay value. It was a fun game, the last level is one of the best video game levels I've ever played, but it wasn't 'open-world' enough for me.

SR3 I played for weeks, has tons of replay value, and tons more 'open-world' things you can do. SD is a 'better' game, but not in terms of value, imo.

#83 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

I knew buying the DLC for saints row 3 when it was on sale was a mistake. Same reason I won't be buying Sleeping Dogs until the definitive version releases...piece meal dlc is killing my video game love.
Posted Image

#84 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

I thought SD had 0 replay value. It was a fun game, the last level is one of the best video game levels I've ever played, but it wasn't 'open-world' enough for me.

SR3 I played for weeks, has tons of replay value, and tons more 'open-world' things you can do. SD is a 'better' game, but not in terms of value, imo.

GTA and SR Definetly have more replay value, and take more time than SD. But like I said To someone else earlier in this thread, it's refreshing to have an open world game that doesn't take 80 hours to beat.

I still have Witcher 2 and Dragons Dogma in the plastic still. Playing Borderlands 2, and still have the Skyrim DLC to play, that's A LOT of hours in 4 games alone, so to have a
20-30 hour sandbox game is A-Okay with me.

#85 jmillion

jmillion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

good price. i think ill pick it up. i liked the demo
Posted Image

#86 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

Got my copy for 360 today, very eager to start it up tonight:-)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360- Assassin's Creed III
PS3- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Nintendo Wii- AC: City Folk
3DS- New Super Mario Bros. 2
My Game Collection- www.listal.com/list/buffalos-xbox-360-collection