Gamestop Gift Card & Order History

sierra

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
I recently got a $25 Gamestop Gift Card through e-Rewards and tried using it to purchase a game on the site this morning. It applied fine during checkout and gave me the correct total to be charged to my credit card on the Order Confirmation page (was a $60 game so there was a balance of around $35).

The Order Confirmation email I received and my Order History don't show the gift card being applied, though, and just show the $60 total and my credit card information. Is this usually what happens with gift card purchases (i.e. will the order be updated with that information later or does the site just not record it)?

[quote name='sierra']I recently got a $25 Gamestop Gift Card through e-Rewards and tried using it to purchase a game on the site this morning. It applied fine during checkout and gave me the correct total to be charged to my credit card on the Order Confirmation page (was a $60 game so there was a balance of around $35).

The Order Confirmation email I received and my Order History don't show the gift card being applied, though, and just show the $60 total and my credit card information. Is this usually what happens with gift card purchases (i.e. will the order be updated with that information later or does the site just not record it)?[/QUOTE]
Yep, and what a catastrophe if you have to cancel the order...keep the depleted gift card in a safe place until you receive your merch.

bread's done
Back