Photo
- - - - -

Dragon Age Bundle PC Download $10

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic dark medieval-fantasy story about a bunch of combatants from different regions and race join together to stop an emerging evil Darkspawn monsters that are trying to destroy the world. If you ever loved Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 on the PC, you really do owe it to yourself to play this. You control a party (usually of 4) and make decisions that'll decide the fate of towns, peoples, lands, and your fellow companions. It's the best strategic-style RPG's around in recent memory. There are so very few of these type of RPG's around anymore...
Took me around 105 hours to finish DAO; another 30 hours for Awakening expansion; and I really ain't touched the DLC though.

Dragon Age 2 is the sequel, but it's nowhere as great as say the original DA: Origins. DA2 (base game) is NOWHERE as strategic as DAO, since the extra overhead tactical camera got removed. Also, the combat is faster and more action-orientated, as well. This story takes place in ONE city for most of the game, not an ENTIRE continent. A lot of recycled environments & rushed side-quests also make the game nowhere as great as the original game. Though the story is often nowhere as epic in scale as the original. The story is much more personal here AND there are some great characters in this game (Merrill and Varric come to my mind here). This took me over 40 hours, if I recall...

For $10, getting both DA:O Ultimate Edition and DA2 is a STEAL, as far as I'm concerned...

Damn, mad late. Appreciate the feedback. I can tell its a pretty good series, watched reviews and everything but I passed, not for me.

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#32 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for the patch info MysterD. The bundle is still $10, so I'm not sure when all of the bundle deals are going away. The GameStop download store is starting to compete with the prices of Amazon, Steam, and GMG, Battlefield 3 is $10 for example. Great for me, since I have GS credit to burn.

You're welcome. :)

GameStop PC App has some good deals here & there, yes.
Not as often as Steam, Gamersgate, or Amazon DVG - but GameStop PC App is doing better than they used to.

Oh, Battlefield 3 is EASILY worth the $10 - I bought it for that when Origin had it for that price recently.

That game is just gorgeous technically, if you can run it maxed-out...or close to it.

While the SP feels like someone threw WAY too much COD: MW1 & 2 (storyline, scripted events and smaller scale maps when compared to most BF games) into a Battlefield game, it's still good & solid; it just ain't spectacular. Took like 8 hours for me to punch through the SP.

Though, the MP is complete opposite - big & expansive maps; tons of players online on these huge maps; and it also can feel more free-form depending on what mode you play (Conquest Mode!). I've always loved Team DM, so I'm glad that's here, as well.

Simply put:
BF3 MP = AWESOME;
BF3 SP = GOOD, but not great.

#33 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

Damn, mad late. Appreciate the feedback. I can tell its a pretty good series, watched reviews and everything but I passed, not for me.

Yeah, I think the DA series been pretty good, so far - namely b/c DAO was a flat-out strategy-RPG masterpiece. There's a major lack of these, in recent years - as there's more emphasis on controlling ONE character entirely; OR having VERY limited control on your party members.

I mean, what were the last major AAA party-based strategy-RPG's? Drakensang: The Dark Eye and then Drakensang: The River of Time, maybe?
{eyebrow raised}
Maybe before that....there was Neverwinter Nights 2 + all its expansions (Mask of the Betrayer + Storm of Zehir).

Though, I am most definitely looking forward to Project Eternity, once that comes around...