Photo
- - - - -

Halo 4 Limited Edition Pre-Order Deals! Going OOS in multiple places.

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#271 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

man, you guys are geting my spirits down. Own all the LE's for this series and was looking forward to getting this, but its supposed to be sh*t? The wife has banned all future video game purchases b/c I was out of control. I really fought for this and got approval to buy over BLOPS 2 Hardened edition, now I'm not sure if I even want it..

Get standard... My deciding factor is non le season pass comes with the goodies but le season pass no? WTH?

#272 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

So is the LE sold out everywhere as of now?

#273 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

So is the LE sold out everywhere as of now?

Seems like it, who knows with all these cancellations though. Chances are you'll see some in-store and online after release.

#274 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

Just checked the links in the OP. Looks like it's available at Newegg

#275 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

Just checked the links in the OP. Looks like it's available at Newegg

What is weird is if you search for Halo 4 Limited Edition on NE it says "Sold Out" next to the product, it isn't until you actually visit the product page itself that it allows you to place a Pre-order.

I wonder if there is actually a place that you can see how many limited editions were made in total. I know they released a statement saying that the limited edition of this game will be significantly less than any other Halo game released to date, guess it would be nice to know how many that actually is, lol..

Also, Newegg is now the third major retailer to have the LE back in stock after selling out, which could mean they recieved a second shipment or perhaps they are re-listing all their cancelled orders. Either way still a chance for a few people to grab it they want it.

#276 SailorDaravon

SailorDaravon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

So David Ellis just posted on Twitter that the LE Season Pass DOES come with the two helmets and emblem you get for also buying it separately now.

I just cancelled my LE pre-order like 5 hours ago, I am actually kind of pissed. We had explicit confirmation from bsangel that the LE Season Pass did not come with that content, now it does after a bunch of people have cancelled their orders and will probably have a very hard to re-ordering, if at all. Fucking great.

#277 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

What? You mean everyone made baseless assumptions and overreacted? SHOCKING

uc.png

#278 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

What? You mean everyone made baseless assumptions and overreacted? SHOCKING

Not exactly baseless when it came from the community manager of 343

#279 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

Not exactly baseless when it came from the community manager of 343

343i seems to be trying real hard to Fuck dedicated fans over.

#280 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

Not sure when the OP was last updated but just want to clarify that the LE is still available at Fry's as I just went and preordered one in store

#281 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

If you watch the unboxing video at IGN, there seems to be numbers on the Limited Edition cases. Ryan McCaffrey mentions it, but he wasn't sure if they were simply random numbers, or actual numbers identifying the Limited Editions as limited. He said that the Limited Edition copies IGN received all had different numbers to them, so maybe it actually means something?

In the video, the numbers had at least 6 digits, so there's potential for a large number of them.

Here's the video;

He mentions it around 40 seconds in.

#282 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

343i seems to be trying real hard to Fuck dedicated fans over.

This seems more like Microsoft with poor marketing and exclusives planning. I genuinely think 343i is embarrassed with how this is being handled, judging by bsangel's initial response to fans.

#283 ARsignal11

ARsignal11

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Finally. We get confirmation that yes indeed, the LE War Games Map Pass will also get the Strider/Scanner helmets and the falcon emblem. I was going to switch my LE preorder to standard this weekend when I went to Best Buy, but with this, I think I'll stick with it.

#284 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

Well that figures. I just cancelled my orders at Newegg yesterday. Not even going to bother trying to get it now. If my luck is any indication you should probably order the Assassins Creed 3 LE before that disappears as well.

#285 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

This seems more like Microsoft with poor marketing and exclusives planning. I genuinely think 343i is embarrassed with how this is being handled, judging by bsangel's initial response to fans.

Yea but you have to think 343i has enough involvement that they know what's going on. Honestly this seems like a cop out LE that MS threw together because they knew people would buy it regardless of what it actually contained. Is there really anything in this LE that anyone would consider collectible at all? Even limited editions that were over done have cool things in them that are worthy of being displayed. Bioshock 1 had the Big Daddy figure (granted it was a fiasco); Bioshock 2 had the score, the original games score on a sweet vinyl, 3 posters, and a very nice box; Halo Reach had Halseys journal.

For Halo 4 we get a steelbook of questionable looking quality, some pieces of paper and a half assed poster. I would of been fine with the Steelbook alone if it were of higher quality, and maybe it will be. But as of right now this whole thing looks like a waste. Frankly if I felt like dealing with the hassle I would throw my pre order on Ebay and make my money back.

If 343 was truly embarrassed they would be taking some sort of step to make it right. Instead they are just sitting on their thumbs. They put plenty of work into the console and the controllers. The controller is awesome.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#286 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

well now im glad i didn't cancel my LE pre-order from Amazon though I really wish Best Buy makes it available to pre-order again so i can get it at midnight

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#287 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

Finally. We get confirmation that yes indeed, the LE War Games Map Pass will also get the Strider/Scanner helmets and the falcon emblem. I was going to switch my LE preorder to standard this weekend when I went to Best Buy, but with this, I think I'll stick with it.

So this is an obvious reaction to 343 screwing this LE up. Bravo 343. lol ffs.

#288 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

The steelbook looks better than I originally thought from the other videos. Still a bit too white for my liking though. The rest of the contents...w/e

Formerly known as slickkill77

#289 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

yeah he pretty much says that was the reason

FYI - this was a recent update to make sure folks got as much content as possible. Thanks for your patience. :)

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#290 _Ph03n1x_

_Ph03n1x_

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

yeah he pretty much says that was the reason

FYI - this was a recent update to make sure folks got as much content as possible. Thanks for your patience. :)

this is awesome news. i think i'll hang on to the LE pre-order i have in case they decide to add more to it again due to people complaining.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#291 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

Pretty much this. Its the publishers that do preorder bonus, LE crap, etc, etc. while the developer just makes the game... And gets dragged through the mud for the publisher's decisions.

Anyhow, I canceled a few days ago... I regret it on some level but not at the same time. I would like the content but with how this has all been going I'm glad to not be giving MS any extra money.

#292 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:10 AM

Does BB generally let you preorder online up until the last day on standard editions? I haven't pre-ordered from them in a while, so I don't recall.

It sounds like a silly question, but I don't know if they have a cut-off date because of the promo.

#293 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:24 AM

Does BB generally let you preorder online up until the last day on standard editions? I haven't pre-ordered from them in a while, so I don't recall.

You should be fine... I know Forza Horizon still had the preorder DLC attached to it the day of release.

#294 .Virus

.Virus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

It sounds like a silly question, but I don't know if they have a cut-off date because of the promo.

Til Midnight Release yup

#295 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

Still not exclusive so canceled 2nd copy...

#296 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

yes you can preorder online up to the last minute but they usually turn off instore pick up a day or 2 before

#297 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

The steelbook looks better than I originally thought from the other videos. Still a bit too white for my liking though. The rest of the contents...w/e

Agreed, I didn't notice the little designs on the inside of the case, while subtle it definitely makes the overall package look a lot nicer.

659629.png?68329996

#298 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

Fry's is sold out.

#299 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

Updated OP, Newegg is allowing you to place Pre-orders again. Very much like last time these came in stock on Newegg, the overview search page claims the item is out of stock, yet when you go into the actual product page you can add the item to cart and check out with it.

#300 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

Updated OP, Newegg is allowing you to place Pre-orders again. Very much like last time these came in stock on Newegg, the overview search page claims the item is out of stock, yet when you go into the actual product page you can add the item to cart and check out with it.

"Sold out" and "OOS", I must have just missed it.