Photo
- - - - -

Halo 4 Limited Edition Pre-Order Deals! Going OOS in multiple places.

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#301 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

"Sold out" and "OOS", I must have just missed it.

I figured they would only have a very limited supply, I am actually surprised it was up for more than 30 mins

#302 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

Besides being rare, is there any reason to really get this? I still have both a $85 LE and a $45 vanilla preorder for this game and think I should just cancel the LE because nothing there seems that thrilling, except maybe the numbered outer case. For an extra $40, I think I'd rather have another game.

decker%2001.jpg

#303 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Besides being rare, is there any reason to really get this? I still have both a $85 LE and a $45 vanilla preorder for this game and think I should just cancel the LE because nothing there seems that thrilling, except maybe the numbered outer case. For an extra $40, I think I'd rather have another game.

the war games map pass, after that you'd be paying an extra $15 for the movie, steelbook and the numbered box. If you don't think all that is worth the $15 bucks then just cancel your order

#304 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

If you're not a diehard, don't bother with the LE.

#305 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

If you're not a diehard, don't bother with the LE.

To be honest I haven't paid any attention to this thread, but I have the LE preordered, but I wont miss out on any dlc/codes if I grab the vanilla edition?

#306 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

No, the DLC is just early access stuff.

#307 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

No, the DLC is just early access stuff.

Thank you.

#308 az1z

az1z

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

Does anyone know if walmart is taking pre orders instore for the LE? I see the 5 dollar card in the shelfs, but it doesnt say if its for the Limited edition or not? I was thinking that maybe they had them, but got sold out.

I was going to try my local walmart at midnight anyways.

If anyone has any suggestions on where i can score a copy of the LE, release day let me know. Costco and frys are also on my list lol

#309 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

To be honest I haven't paid any attention to this thread, but I have the LE preordered, but I wont miss out on any dlc/codes if I grab the vanilla edition?

Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE included in the LE:
• Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin
• Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
• An exclusive in-game emblem
• Xbox LIVE Avatar prop*
• Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set*
• Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
• Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
• Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
• The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC's greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.

I have heard that the Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is only a streaming token, but I suppose it still counts as a DLC in a way. There is more stuff to the LE, I just listed the DLC content for you.

#310 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE included in the LE:
• Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin
• Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
• An exclusive in-game emblem
• Xbox LIVE Avatar prop*
• Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set*
• Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
• Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
• Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
• The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC's greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.

I have heard that the Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is only a streaming token, but I suppose it still counts as a DLC in a way. There is more stuff to the LE, I just listed the DLC content for you.

Thanks man, appreciate it.

#311 mistermoravec

mistermoravec

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

It will be overstocked and over produced like EVERY halo LE

#312 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

Everything is digital. The case is nice though.
Posted Image

#313 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:15 AM

It will be overstocked and over produced like EVERY halo LE

Doubt it, but we shall see

#314 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

Even if rare i will not look back much canceling my 2 at newegg for 85 each. I left std for 45 shipped. Steel case i wanted but 40 extra will pass. If dlc was campaign content i would of kept 1 le.

#315 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

Jesus christ, learn to talk in full sentences before commenting.

I was in rush you trolling fiend. This is a true example of what a troll is. Now go outside for once you outcast. :applause::applause::bouncy::bouncy:

#316 txag06

txag06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

Even if rare i will not look back much canceling my 2 at newegg for 85 each. I left std for 45 shipped. Steel case i wanted but 40 extra will pass. If dlc was campaign content i would of kept 1 le.

I was in rush you trolling fiend. This is a true example of what a troll is. Now go outside for once you outcast. :applause::applause::bouncy::bouncy::applause::applause:

If you assume FNL has an eastern european accent, these posts are very fun to read.

#317 masterd919

masterd919

Games, games and more games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

To any of the Ladies out there who are Halo fans...and those who can't wait for Halo 4....I have an unused code for the Fem Master Chief Spartan Armor (for your 360 Avatar).

Free of charge, no strings attached...PM Me if you want it. I used my male one already and have no need for the Fem Chief suit code. There is a slight difference in how they look as well with the Fem version being noticeably slimmer.

Edit: and just to contribute to the thread here...I still believe that the LE is great, but quite unnecessary considering you'll be getting 2 helmets in the separate map pack pass + the vanilla game for about $10 less than the LE costs. The specialization access is no longer a big deal for the LE since I believe they are giving it to all players who play within the first month...so it's almost not worth it (IMO at least). The real benefit is a unique armor set and having it all there in one package, but again...it's up to you guys. Supposedly the armor combinations alone for this game will be mind-boggling.

#318 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

The steelbook looks better than I originally thought from the other videos. Still a bit too white for my liking though. The rest of the contents...w/e

So the FUD digital copy is a seperate code... I wonder how much that alone will go for on ebay? If it makes up the $15 difference between the regular game plus season pass, and the LE...

I already pre-ordered the blu-ray of FUD, so that code means nothing to me really.

#319 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

I have this preordered at BBY but after I saw the unboxing last night I might cancel. The Steelbook is plain inside out, not even an artwork inside the case. They did the same with Forza 4.

#320 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

I have this preordered at BBY but after I saw the unboxing last night I might cancel. The Steelbook is plain inside out, not even an artwork inside the case. They did the same with Forza 4.

That's why I would wait until it hits the clearance stage.

#321 gamermonkey

gamermonkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

I just cancelled my LE preorder. Its a shame, why cant they release a LE that is truly limited. Granted they will make millions of them but at least the items you get wont be available to the other ten million people who didnt buy the LE.

#322 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

I just cancelled my LE preorder. Its a shame, why cant they release a LE that is truly limited. Granted they will make millions of them but at least the items you get wont be available to the other ten million people who didnt buy the LE.

They've already said that these will be truly limited unlike past halo LE's

#323 gamermonkey

gamermonkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

Im not talking about limited in terms of the # sold. I am talking about the items you get with the LE. Sure the metal case, posters, and other knick knacks only come with the LE but the in game stuff is whats important.

#324 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

The inside artwork for Steelbooks is just a piece of paper anyway. Pop the front and back off, print whatever artwork you want on the inside and put it in, and snap the two pieces back together. People do this all the time with Blu-ray Steelbooks because they've started to go cheap and not include them.
Posted Image

#325 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

So the FUD digital copy is a seperate code... I wonder how much that alone will go for on ebay? If it makes up the $15 difference between the regular game plus season pass, and the LE...

I already pre-ordered the blu-ray of FUD, so that code means nothing to me really.

But the code is just a stream on Waypoint. You can't even download it so its basically worthless. Either 343 or someone else will put it on youtube. Hell MS probably will just to keep in line with the rest of this LE debacle

Formerly known as slickkill77

#326 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

But the code is just a stream on Waypoint. You can't even download it so its basically worthless. Either 343 or someone else will put it on youtube. Hell MS probably will just to keep in line with the rest of this LE debacle

I miss ce with helmets why do people hate on that ce content so much. I rather have a mini helmet over all this le content. There gonna make so much $ cause this is really digital junk and cost so little for them to do. Just saddens me on this money grab bs.

#327 rexflexall

rexflexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

Decided to cancel on the limited edition after seeing that unboxing. Come on...seriously...'Made in China' right on the back in HUGE lettering? Someone doing QA could have made this hidden a little bit better. The slipcase was nice with the magnetic tab but this steelbook was kinda shoddy. Nothing spectacular. How come they couldn't do something truly limited like have a small number of these steelbooks signed by the production team and randomly placed in some of these LEs? That would have been cool. And would have still made millions of dollars. Everything now is digital goodies, which has its place but damn, would it kill these guys to give out a little more tangible swag? A patch? A coin? A belt buckle? A game-used piece of Master Chief's armor? Sheesh.

At least I still got my preorder from Newegg for the regular edition for $12 off of retail, no tax plus free ship. Might cancel that too thinking this game might be $29.99 by BF.
CAG? I'm Cheap Ass everything:booty:

#328 gamermonkey

gamermonkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

At least I still got my preorder from Newegg for the regular edition for $12 off of retail, no tax plus free ship. Might cancel that too thinking this game might be $29.99 by BF.

I doubt it will be that cheap, might get to $49.99 though.

#329 gamermonkey

gamermonkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Don't cancel guys, just throw it up on ebay...

Sold mine a few days ago for $160+ only hours after listing it.

wow, it never ceases to amaze me that there's always a sucker in the world to buy something overpriced on Ebay.

#330 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

they did? I had not heard, any word on number made?

Also does anyone know if the FUD on Waypoint will be viewable on the Waypoint app for iPad/Android/iOS? If so that would make it a lot more useful though I still wish it had been an HD download

Dark+Lord+Greg.png