Photo
- - - - -

Halo 4 Limited Edition Pre-Order Deals! Going OOS in multiple places.

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#331 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

At least I still got my preorder from Newegg for the regular edition for $12 off of retail, no tax plus free ship. Might cancel that too thinking this game might be $29.99 by BF.

Lol @ thinking Halo 4 will be $30 by BF. :roll:

#332 moneysaver

moneysaver

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:03 AM

$35 isn't much different, and it has an extremely good chance of hitting that price, just like MS big game every year for the last several.

39.99$ best we're gonna see.

#333 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

Skyrim or MW3 didn't have any BF sales last year and I imagine the same will be for BLOPS 2 and Halo

Edit: nor did Halo CEA I believe

#334 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

Halo CEA did have a sale. So did Gears 3, $35 at BB. Same with Fable 3 the year before, $35. They have also had most new release Kinect games cheap for BF. Microsoft as a whole has been extremely aggressive in BF sales, with the biggest discounts happening at BB and Walmart.

But all of those games weren't released in middish-mid November. The only big name game that did have a sale that was released in November was uncharted 3 I believe and that was released on the 1st day of Nov.

#335 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

Where exactly do you enter the code for the FUD onto? Does anyone know?
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#336 247

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

Halo CEA did have a sale. So did Gears 3, $35 at BB. Same with Fable 3 the year before, $35. They have also had most new release Kinect games cheap for BF. Microsoft as a whole has been extremely aggressive in BF sales, with the biggest discounts happening at BB and Walmart.

Where did halo ce have a sale? I can't remember seeing it on BF, maybe $5 off but not a huge sale.

#337 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

Where did halo ce have a sale? I can't remember seeing it on BF, maybe $5 off but not a huge sale.

It was at regular price I remember my friend had went and picked up halo ce thinking it was on sale but he got it at regular price of 40.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#338 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

Microsoft Store had it for $15 I believe. I dont remember BB having a sale on it last holiday though.

#339 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

Yup, thats how I scored my Halo Anniversary last year, $15 at the MSFT Store along with Dance Central 2 and Kinect Sports Season 2. Never will forget how it was about 10am and the post popped up on CAG. I begged my wife to let me make the 30 minute drive to the Houston Galleria to pick them up. To this day I still think I only played 5 minutes of it :lol:
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#340 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

Yup, thats how I scored my Halo Anniversary last year, $15 at the MSFT Store along with Dance Central 2 and Kinect Sports Season 2. Never will forget how it was about 10am and the post popped up on CAG. I begged my wife to let me make the 30 minute drive to the Houston Galleria to pick them up. To this day I still think I only played 5 minutes of it :lol:

I remember it last year cause I was so broke I couldn't even afford that (college kid who had to make rent) and I kept hoping Amazon would match cause I had credit there but I don't think they ever did

#341 latin trident

latin trident

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

So is it safe to speculate that Halo 4 will be on sale at the Microsoft Store on Black Friday? I'm hoping to use the $25 credit for it and land it for a heavier discount.

#342 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

So is it safe to speculate that Halo 4 will be on sale at the Microsoft Store on Black Friday? I'm hoping to use the $25 credit for it and land it for a heavier discount.

IDK, i mean Halo Anniversary was a quick cash-in fed by nostalgia. Halo 4 is the most expensive Halo game ever made or so its been said. I don't think it will be on sale anywhere for Black Friday. Wouldn't even have been a full 30 days since release, which is usually the time frame to put stuff on sale. Could be wrong. Maybe some place will discount it $10, but not very much..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#343 rexflexall

rexflexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Lol @ thinking Halo 4 will be $30 by BF. :roll:

It's just a thought, you never know because video game retail sales are down this year. Hell, lots of retail sales are down this year. MS could do something with this to stir up BF sales and lots of folks would respond. I wouldn't put it past a retailer like BB or WM to have a discount on Halo 4 come BF. Might not go down to $29.99 but even at $39.99 it would be a good deal.

CAG? I'm Cheap Ass everything :booty:  :booty:

#344 Minkyboi

Minkyboi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

And to be clear, i'm not saying "All games are cheap on BF". I'm specifically talking about MS big releases each year. Maybe it will be different this year, but Reach, Fable 3 and Gears 3 tells me it could definitely be $35.

And yea, obviously Blops 2 won't have any deep discount, the newest COD never has. They usually just do tons of $10-$20 deals for several older CODs.

What's the difference between Halo 4 being $35 and not Blops 2? Look, I know the value of games degrade depending on their popularity but big titles like Halo 4 and Blops definitely won't drop in price, especially in the same month that it is launched (even for black friday).

Think about it, these are titles that DON'T need sales because people are gonna buy them regardless. Christmas shopping time comes around and kids will be begging for them under their tree. The stores probably arent in a rush to clear their stock with black friday sales.

#345 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

45 shipped on newegg rocked. 15 off long expired. I like to think ahead.

#346 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Microsoft Store had it for $15 I believe. I dont remember BB having a sale on it last holiday though.

That's doesn't count cause I don't even have a Microsoft store in my area (DFW) lol

#347 gamermonkey

gamermonkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Looks like I waited to long to cancel my Halo 4 LE, Walmart says its in processing.

#348 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

That's doesn't count cause I don't even have a Microsoft store in my area (DFW) lol

It was online too...(I also don't have a MS store around me)

#349 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

IGN's Halo 4 review just went live, has me pretty excited

http://www.ign.com/a...1/halo-4-review

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#350 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

Same here.

I really was just 'meh' about it but now I am so stoked. Only wish I could have found a CE somewhere.

#351 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

I miss ce with helmets why do people hate on that ce content so much. I rather have a mini helmet over all this le content. There gonna make so much $ cause this is really digital junk and cost so little for them to do. Just saddens me on this money grab bs.

that was an amazing LE i loved it lol.

that said after watching that video this LE is just flat out terrible. for 100 dollars it really is a POS. a poster, a booklet thing and case? the rest is just DLC.

i have this game preordered but i may cancel(pains me to say this LE does not look worth it) and given i have the wii u coming out soon and this LE looks like crap its a perfect excuse to avoid splurging an extra 100 dollars especially since there will be no shortages of halo 4 really. or at the very least buy the regular edition of it but i may wait on that even.

#352 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

Holy shit 9.8!!! 5 more fucking days! I can't even enjoy AC3 because of halo being so close

#353 kimw123

kimw123

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

It seems that BB offers better bonus. Might pre-order it there.

#354 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

It seems that BB offers better bonus. Might pre-order it there.

Good luck with that if you're talking about the LE

#355 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

I'm 51/49 on buying the halo console - someone convince which way to go. Help.

I have the LE game preordered - I still think I'm keeping it even after the unboxing was a little underwhelming.

Posted Image

#356 latin trident

latin trident

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

I'm 51/49 on buying the halo console - someone convince which way to go. Help.

I have the LE game preordered - I still think I'm keeping it even after the unboxing was a little underwhelming.

Seems like you have cash to burn. Personally, I don't cash but I'd do the following assuming I had $200~ to blow.

Get the Halo Console for $350. Sell 1 of the exclusive controllors for $60-75. Sell that FOTUS armor or whatever it is for $50. Sell your LE for $35 profit on ebay. Total for console after selling your stuff comes to... $205 ~ give or take $15.

If you sell your preorder bonus, you might make more. Good luck!

#357 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Perfect Scores or Near Perfect Scores from every review. Even a few of the more critical ones.
Can't wait to find out for myself.

LE seems like a great deal now. Game, Map Packs, The live action mini series, goodies.
Halo delivers again.

#358 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Perfect Scores or Near Perfect Scores from every review. Even a few of the more critical ones.
Can't wait to find out for myself.

LE seems like a great deal now. Game, Map Packs, The live action mini series, goodies.
Halo delivers again.

What? How do the reviews have any impact on the LE.

#359 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

Yeah im very glad to see this is gonna be as bad ass as i hoped

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#360 Minkyboi

Minkyboi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

What? How do the reviews have any impact on the LE.

I'm more likely to buy the LE of a game that gets great reviews over crappy ones